dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many people forget just how horrifically the Galadiator sold pre-covid, and that it's history is only colorful in its failures. After it's initial launch year (and dealer mark-ups) sales dropped off a cliff and by late 2019 there was $5,000+ on the hoods just to try and move the lot zombies.

Gladiator might sell now because other vehicles are harder to get and because "existing = sales" for the past few years but the market today is not a normal market.

If Ford slow plays this and decides against bringing a truck version out it will do them well.

In reported Q2 2019, only 7,252 gladiators had sold. That is attorcious! Dead vehicle walking territory considering FCA recognized some % of those sales were canabalized from Wrangler.

The CJ trucklet died an inglorious death in 1987 due to lack of sales, Gladiator will suffer the same fate.

Great article on Gladiator before its launch and single-year-metoric-sales-before-the-obvious-crash: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/08/no-fixed-abode-dont-want-jeep-pickup-pansy/

(data source for Q3 2019 sales figures) https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/09/jeep-gladiator-sales-on-hold-pending-driveshaft-fix/
Bad sales maybe but I see probably 50 as I drive to work 20 minutes away more than any other car. maybe it is just here in New England but I see more of them than normal Jeepā€™s now
Sponsored

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're spot on with the driving at highway speed diagnosis. My wife has 21 Wrangler Sahara and I absolutely hate driving it on the highway. It makes me sad because I'd love to replace my work truck in a couple years with a Gladiator, but I don't think I could stand it on a daily basis.
If you were considering a Gladiator, you need to look at Ranger.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not really sure what to do with this or what your point is? I am assuming you think the Broncos that are racing in KOH are somehow equated to a production 2 door Bronco?
4600 is the production vehicle class
It's okay, 392 Wranglers can't win there either

Sponsored

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had the gladiator sport and wrangler Jl 4 door sport and now bronco badlands. Offroad ā€œhighā€ speed bronco is certainly a more enjoyable ride. On the street the differences are 10-15% improvement in handling. Nothing earth shattering

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now f150 raptor is a significant improvement on ride comfort on all of them

94B6E5F0-B84A-4EF7-8189-A99EB7A77747.png

4F25CDA2-515F-4D7E-9C38-C29DDFA471A6.jpeg

Hurley1982

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have both, a Badlands and Rubicon both manual transmissions. Gladiator is a soft top, Bronco is a hard top. As many have said on road the Bronco is a better ride. Off-road the the Gladiator is better and off-road durability wise sadly I have more faith in the Gladiator. Ours is lifted on 35ā€˜s and Badlands is still stock on 33s.

Our Bronco broke down with 500 miles on it requiring a 5 week wait to repair, a failed turbo boost pressure sensor as well as a wheel speed sensor, the culprit. two weeks at the dealer working on it. The Gladiator is 3.5 years old with zero dealership visits outside of a TSB.

Thereā€™s a lot to like with the Bronco but Iā€™m not completely blown away with it. Itā€™s spent half of it first 3 months broken, now that we have it back hopefully we can start to enjoy it.
Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco 41D8CBBF-B2B8-47D5-9909-4E53F0342972
Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco DF6E2662-A958-4202-9E2F-82580A101B96

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I almost bought a Gladiator when they first came out. The markups were just nuts. I feel sorry for anyone that paid the 70 to 80k for lifted gladiators the dealers were asking for the first ones. I ended up with a Ranger instead. The problem with the Ranger is that it isnt a "fun" vehicle. The Bronco and Wrangler have a much much bigger fun factor.

A Jeep thread that turned into a 2 door vs 4 door Bronco debate. I am shocked I tell you. Shocked.
Wow. You arent kidding. The only thing the 2 door has over the 4 door is the cool factor. I'm agreed with the other posts everything else the 4 door does better.

Sponsored

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they gave the Ranger the 7 speed and Badlands off-road goodies. Stick a fork in it, we're done, there's no need for a Bronco truck.
Ford WAS planning a Bronco truck but shelved the plan since it would cut into Ranger sales more than Gladiator sales...Now, if Ford would put the 7 speed in for the handshaker faithful , it would do well to steal some more sales from Gladiator. They already have FX4, but hopefully the 2024 redesign adds more off road flair.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford WAS planning a Bronco truck but shelved the plan since it would cut into Ranger sales more than Gladiator sales...Now, if Ford would put the 7 speed in for the handshaker faithful , it would do well to steal some more sales from Gladiator. They already have FX4, but hopefully the 2024 redesign adds more off road flair.
I really liked the Bronco truck concept. It would have been a totally different feel than the Ranger but agreed I'm sure it would cut into those sales, but it would also cut into Gladiator sales as well.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad sales maybe but I see probably 50 as I drive to work 20 minutes away more than any other car. maybe it is just here in New England but I see more of them than normal Jeepā€™s now
Down in Georgia I don't see them an insane amount. More normal jeeps or standard trucks. Very noticeable when they are around due to the "special" look of the gladiator.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea, we have a '19 Ranger (super-cab, because a truck isn't a truck with less than a 6' bed). It's fantastic.

But I digress, "progress" at any price!

Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco FB_IMG_1676140495848
Cā€™mon, Rick, thatā€™s disingenuous. You can still get an F150 with an 8ā€™ bed, even in a Supercab, which seats 5 adults comfortably. Just because most people buy short bed crew cabs doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t buy a ā€œrealā€ truck any moreā€¦

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cā€™mon, Rick, thatā€™s disingenuous. You can still get an F150 with an 8ā€™ bed, even in a Supercab, which seats 5 adults comfortably. Just because most people buy short bed crew cabs doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t buy a ā€œrealā€ truck any moreā€¦
Will let you know the next time I see a dealership order an 8' bed for their Floorplan.

Having commercially available builds is one thing, what John Retardo Q Public buys is another thing entirely!

And what the public buys is...... Minivans with a doorless trunk.
Sponsored