First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Possibly not unstoppable off-road... must be the missing GOAT modes. :unsure: ;)

Ford Bronco My Bronco 1st Ed vs Hummer EV 1 – My thoughts 1651177975229

OP
OP

Pablo

First Edition
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have some questions, if you have the time.
  1. What is the shortest-configuration height you can drive it into a garage?
  2. What is the width, including mirrors, fenders, etc.?
  3. What vehicle is hiding under that car cover? I bet that's even more interesting than the 2 you featured.
I've had a res. in for a Hummer EV 3x since Oct '20. I have concerns about it - not the least being that the EV1 exceeds the GVWL of 4 tons for the road around Saratoga Lake. And it might not fit in my garage. But if you had to part ways with one of yours, which would it be?
Sorry for the delayed reply--I'm not on the site as much these days.

I have low headroom tracks @ ten feet, which gives me about nine 1/2 feet of clearance. The Hummer clears without issues. Keep in mind that you can lower the truck as well.

The interior of my garage is wider than a standard garage--at least compared to my neighbors. I have enough room to walk around the truck and open both doors--without dinging my other car. Also, the garage is pretty deep, so the Hummer doesn't take over the space.

As for the covered car, I think you saw a pic of the Hummer in the dealer's storage area next to the owner's 72 Buick Rivera--he has an eclectic collection stocked away.

If you saw it in my garage, it is an 89 560 SL (driven biennially for smog check).

I also have a Hummer EV 3x res. I understand they'll land around the Fall of 23'.
I'll probably sell the truck and stick with the SUV.

"...if you had to part ways with one of yours, which would it be?"
Probably, the Bronco as I plan to get the EV 3x.

I hope this helps.

PS I've found the truck easier to park than excepted. The auto park feature works well but is slow. I normally self-park. It hasn't yet been a problem with practice and the multiple cameras.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How can a Bronco be compared to new Hummer (which pretty much is GMs rolling technology showcase).

I get it you want to brag, but just brag and don’t try covering it up as a legit comparison between two vehicles in completely different price category.

You do you, just pointing out it looks kind of lame.

Sponsored

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I was lucky to pick up my Bronco 1st Edition at the end of October--very pleased with it.
However, I picked up my Hummer EV1 on Friday and must say that it is a special vehicle. It is a beast that drives like a Bentley with features galore. GM did a great job! According to my onboard systems, I am getting about 350 miles per charge.
Overall, both are great options with an edge to the HEV1.
Enjoy!

The interior of the Hummer is gorgeous. As a former Chevy girl I was tempted to buy the Hummer but the terrible time I had with my 2019 Suburban, I swore Chevy off forever. I sold my 2003 Hummer last fall but I keep referring to the Bronco as "The Hummer"! My niece says I need to name it that. Both trucks are nice, enjoy!

N8Mash

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How can a Bronco be compared to new Hummer (which pretty much is GMs rolling technology showcase).

I get it you want to brag, but just brag and don’t try covering it up as a legit comparison between two vehicles in completely different price category.

You do you, just pointing out it looks kind of lame.
the-interview-seth-rogen.gif

No skin in the game just thought it funny
Sponsored