First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am the owner of a brand new eruption green Badlands. The very next morning after bringing it home, it was dead in the driveway. The battery had lost its charge over night. I thought it must have been something I had done, like leaving it in accessory mode or something like that. I put it on a charger and brought the battery back up and everything started working again. I left it overnight again to find a low battery again the next morning. Not dead, but very low. Now along with all of this, it is doing all kjnds of weird stuff. The interior lights will not come on and there is a host of warning lights that come on. Also the brake light stays on all the time, and the brakes themselves are doing weird things. When you apply the brake pedal the parking brake engages and when you release the pedal the parking brake release. So, if you put it in reverse and start backing up and press the brake pedal the bronco comes to a slamming stop. Neck jerking actually. This bronco will not stay charged if left sittting for more than 24 hours.

About 3 days into ownership, I called the dealership that i bought it from and explained the problem. I was told by them that they could not even look at it for 3 weeks! Okay fine, I asked if i could arrange for a loaner car. I was told that Ford or the dealership does not offer loaners, but that they could help arrange a rental for $55.00 a day!

About a week into ownership, I decided to do a little research on this issue. It seems like this is a very common issue with Broncos and many of them cant be repaired. Or they just blame the owner for doing something to it.

I am sick over this, I just want to turn back time and make this whole thing go away. It is so disgusting to bring home a brand new car that breaks down the first day and you have to wait to get it fixed and provide your own replacement transportation. Please help me understand this.
Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am the owner of a brand new eruption green Badlands. The very next morning after bringing it home, it was dead in the driveway. The battery had lost its charge over night. I thought it must have been something I had done, like leaving it in accessory mode or something like that. I put it on a charger and brought the battery back up and everything started working again. I left it overnight again to find a low battery again the next morning. Not dead, but very low. Now along with all of this, it is doing all kjnds of weird stuff. The interior lights will not come on and there is a host of warning lights that come on. Also the brake light stays on all the time, and the brakes themselves are doing weird things. When you apply the brake pedal the parking brake engages and when you release the pedal the parking brake release. So, if you put it in reverse and start backing up and press the brake pedal the bronco comes to a slamming stop. Neck jerking actually. This bronco will not stay charged if left sittting for more than 24 hours.

About 3 days into ownership, I called the dealership that i bought it from and explained the problem. I was told by them that they could not even look at it for 3 weeks! Okay fine, I asked if i could arrange for a loaner car. I was told that Ford or the dealership does not offer loaners, but that they could help arrange a rental for $55.00 a day!

About a week into ownership, I decided to do a little research on this issue. It seems like this is a very common issue with Broncos and many of them cant be repaired. Or they just blame the owner for doing something to it.

I am sick over this, I just want to turn back time and make this whole thing go away. It is so disgusting to bring home a brand new car that breaks down the first day and you have to wait to get it fixed and provide your own replacement transportation. Please help me understand this.
Make a big deal over it and Ford will eventually cover the cost of a rental. I used to work at Enterprise and we would facilitate the rentals for Ford for warranty work.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely try what Baja said, try another dealer if possible. There is absolutely no excuse on their side for not making room for you after spending $60+k on a vehicle. Hopefully your in an area with more than one dealership.

My dealer gave me a loaner without me even asking for it when my 9 day old bronco had to go back to try to fix some major issues. Your dealer is being an a$$. I know exactly how you feel right now with having a brand new truck in the shop after spending a ton of moneyā€¦it sucks. hang in their though man, worst case you buy a battery and move on.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Call the dealer, speak to your salesperson and tell them you are going to file a Lemon Law arbitration claim (even if you don't really intend to) - that may get their attention.

You don't really meet the criteria for it (yet), but if they can't get it into the shop for 3 weeks, there's a 30 day timer for Washington state, and since it is affecting your brakes the "serious defect" qualifer applies... they don't have a lot of time to deal with it (or refer you to another dealer that can)

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been numerous people post about bad batteries upon taking delivery, most have been warranty replacement. How many volts are showing on your gauge cluster? Have you put a tester on the battery to check the charge?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You realize that they make multimeters and battery testers for this very reason. I know that sounds unhelpful, but the level of whining is ridiculous... Don't be so dramatic as to want to turn back time.

It could be something as simple as a defective battery. Find someone local who is an enthusiast who can at least rule out some simple things (some of us do that for free all the time). Perhaps even keep you on the road until your vehicle can get serviced. There are a multitude of easy solutions to get through the next 3 weeks without feeling like this is the end of the world.

@Ford Motor Company will be by soon to ask for your VIN number and to open you a trouble ticket.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You local Autozone, Advance, or Oreilleys will test the battery and alternator for free. Just drop in, give it a shot.
At least then you might know for sure.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You realize that they make multimeters and battery testers for this very reason. I know that sounds unhelpful, but the level of whining is ridiculous... Don't be so dramatic as to want to turn back time.

It could be something as simple as a defective battery. Find someone local who is an enthusiast who can at least rule out some simple things (some of us do that for free all the time). Perhaps even keep you on the road until your vehicle can get serviced. There are a multitude of easy solutions to get through the next 3 weeks without feeling like this is the end of the world.

@Ford Motor Company will be by soon to ask for your VIN number and to open you a trouble ticket.
"The level of whining is ridiculous." C'mon man. It's a brand new vehicle and the dealership sounds like total douchebags. I think the OP has a right to whine about it. Your solution: go spend MORE of your money to figure it out. Uh.... NOPE.

Sponsored

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands 7 Speed (June 2024)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We wait a long time for these cars, pay full price, and having something crap out day 1 isn't right. It's also IMHO not right to tell someone they are being dramatic. People have different reactions to different things. The owner should not have to run around to try to get parts tested when dealer should take the car in RIGHT away and diagnose this, no waiting list.

Glad to see FORD is on this thread so they can deal with both the dealer and the owner.

We all whine and bitch about things in life. I'm sure I do things that would be considered dramatic but other things I handle without even breaking a sweat. Life isn't 0s and 1s. Easier to type about it than live it.

Hope you get it fixed, I have a badlands coming in July.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I've gathered there have been a lot of problems with AGM batteries over the last couple years across the board. My '22 bronco's battery died earlier this year during a real cold spell and the dealer t sted it and swapped it under warranty. My buddy recently went through 2 new AGMs on his gladiator before he got a good one that holds charge. Blame QC and foreign manufacturing since almost all of those batteries come out of just a handful of facilities.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"The level of whining is ridiculous." C'mon man. It's a brand new vehicle and the dealership sounds like total douchebags. I think the OP has a right to whine about it. Your solution: go spend MORE of your money to figure it out. Uh.... NOPE.
I agree here. It probably is as simple as a bad battery, but the dealership who just got a fat check canā€™t find 5 minutes to help the guy out. Thatā€™s the retarded part here

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There is a really good chance that the battery was low when you took delivery. Modern cars will start with a battery that is pretty low on charge. If it isnā€™t FULLY charged back up you will fight this problem for a while. Go get an AGM safe battery maintainer and leave it on overnight for a few nights and see if the problem doesnā€™t get fixed. It takes a whole lot longer to get a low battery fully charged than most people think, and if itā€™s not fully charged it will discharge faster than a fully charged battery. All the odd behavior of your Bronco is typical of newer cars with a battery concern, I wouldnā€™t worry about it too much. Good luck!
Sponsored