Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this probably sounds like a stupid thing to comment on, but all the pictures I've seen of the Bronco at events/pre-production pictures appear to have no engine cover and seems to have a lot going on under the hood... kind of "messy"... not sure if that'd be the right term. Maybe I've missed some other pictures out there.

Just curious if this is a typical pre-production thing or if the final versions will be cleaned up a bit? I would imagine a cover would help keep some of the off-road dirt/water off too.
no cover means its easier for us to work on and clean I am all for it, the covers and way most modern engines are set up is super annoying as it prevents us from doing maintenance and getting in there I am super happy ford did it this way.
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't get the point. It's just one more thing in the way of doing repairs. Even if i'm just dropping it off at the dealer, I'd rather not pay for the 5 minutes it takes the tech to remove.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to enjoy the clean lines of my color-matched engine cover perfectly centered between the left and right fenders. :cool:

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OEMs seem to be spending less effort on engine bay beautification in recent years. Iā€™m guessing they realized it didnā€™t rank very high on shoppers want list of desired features.
engine covers serve two purposes. There is usually sound deadling materials undernear it which helps reduce sound. And that materials also serves as a fire resistance materials that blankets the engine in case it catches fire. I like a nice quiet ride and would prefer a cover. Not to mention I haven't seen any photos of any materials on the bottom side of the hood to help with that. I think Ford is cutting costs here since my Lariat came with a engine cover and lower level trims like the XLT and XL didn't have one.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
engine covers serve two purposes. There is usually sound deadling materials undernear it which helps reduce sound. And that materials also serves as a fire resistance materials that blankets the engine in case it catches fire. I like a nice quiet ride and would prefer a cover. Not to mention I haven't seen any photos of any materials on the bottom side of the hood to help with that. I think Ford is cutting costs here since my Lariat came with a engine cover and lower level trims like the XLT and XL didn't have one.
Ford Bronco Engine Cover? 1618792124427

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The answer I got at a Bronco Roadshow event was no engine cover to keep from accumulating dirt and debris under the cover. I think Ford is concerned if there was a cover and you got a bunch of mud and dirt between the cover and engine components it would cause problems.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this probably sounds like a stupid thing to comment on, but all the pictures I've seen of the Bronco at events/pre-production pictures appear to have no engine cover and seems to have a lot going on under the hood... kind of "messy"... not sure if that'd be the right term. Maybe I've missed some other pictures out there.

Just curious if this is a typical pre-production thing or if the final versions will be cleaned up a bit? I would imagine a cover would help keep some of the off-road dirt/water off too.
I agree, a lexus engine bay is almost completely covered.

infiniti had a kinda cheesy plastic piece that looked like the 3.5/3.7 6 cyl had a ā€œsix packā€.

but itā€™s still an effort that Ford apparently hasnā€™t attempted yet.

I see a lot of leaves and pine needles get under the hood, so not everything comes from beneath @Toccoa

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the bronco. Iā€™m still allegedly buying one.

but the engine bay pics Iā€™ve seen are the messiest Iā€™ve seen since maybe old Jaguar v12s.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the bronco. Iā€™m still allegedly buying one.

but the engine bay pics Iā€™ve seen are the messiest Iā€™ve seen since maybe old Jaguar v12s.
I'm glad I'm not alone in the messiness standpoint. Even with my engine cover off my WK2, it looks far cleaner.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see a lot of leaves and pine needles get under the hood, so not everything comes from beneath @Toccoa
I wasnā€™t covering every scenario. šŸ˜‚ Yes, leaves and pine needles can sneak into an engine bay from the top.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wasnā€™t covering every scenario. šŸ˜‚ Yes, leaves and pine needles can sneak into an engine bay from the top.
Then donā€™t be so quick to dismiss šŸ˜‚

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2019 ranger came with one for 2.3 but it was cut for subsequent model years. Kinda lame and it did offer some sound deadening. Sometimes people order it from the parts department and add it to the newer trucks. I imagine the 2.3 ranger cover will work just fine on the bronco.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 2019 ranger came with one for 2.3 but it was cut for subsequent model years. Kinda lame and it did offer some sound deadening. Sometimes people order it from the parts department and add it to the newer trucks. I imagine the 2.3 ranger cover will work just fine on the bronco.
Iā€™m not sure that qualifies as an engine cover. More like an engine napkin. šŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco Engine Cover? 1618794400265

Ford Bronco Engine Cover? 1618794410504

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model