NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a couple folks correctly recognized, it is the oil temp at 212F, which is perfect, boils off moisture in the oil. The real concern is the trans temp, 205F is 15F higher than I would like to see under normal use.
This has been discussed extensively elsewhere but all signs point to this being normal operating temps for the 10R fam

206-215 has been pretty widely reported as normal observed temps for the 10R80 in the f150, and the ULV ATF specs seem to support this band of temperatures being normal
Sponsored

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

At 77 degrees, Cruising at 75 up a slight hill, the water temp shot to 212F and climbed to 218 then back down to 208 for the rest of the 1.5 hr trip. I am used to seeing stock engines run around 185-190. Does anyone have this engine running kinda hot for you?

tempImageMgajHe.png

Modern cars have thermostats that are 195-200. Aux fans come on around 212-215. Like has been said, to get emissions and fuel economy modern engines run hotter. Watch it, but I wouldn't be concerned.

Last edited:

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks normal to me. If you are worried about it just continue to check the temp at the end of every one of your drives to compare but I doubt there will be much of a difference as long as there isn’t a leak
Yup. Normal.

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What does the owner's manual say is the normal operating temperature? Completely different vehicle, but for my Jeep TJ it is 210 degrees.
My JkU also runs between 205-210.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What does the owner's manual say is the normal operating temperature? Completely different vehicle, but for my Jeep TJ it is 210 degrees.
Yep, every Jeep 4.0 I've been around runs 210 all day.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As everyone has said, throw what you know from older motors out the window. The newer motors will run warm and stay there. 220 water temp is pretty normal. I towed all over in my F150 3.5EB with water temps running 235-240. The computer pulls boost around 250 to save the motor.

transmission temps are the same. They will run hotter than what you’ve been used to seeing but they will just stay there.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re really concerned, @Mishimoto will eventually make a lower temp thermostat, also there’s that company with the vented hoods (forget the name, sorry) and eventually a fmic and charge pipes as well.

Plus summers over, it’ll cool down as well

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Under normal conditions - and not towing anything - that shouldn't happen. I've gone up some really long steep grades - e,g., Baker & Tehachapi grades - with my JL's 2.0T in 115 degree heat and the coolant temp hasn't changed a bit. Rock solid @ 192 degrees no matter the air temp, on road and off. Newer engines shouldn't fluctuate much under normal driving conditions.
If the number never changes, they're lying to you

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Random, but I cover Phoenix in my territory and always wonder how much everyone blasting their AC affects the overall outside temps when hot air is expelled.
The biggest issue is the heat island effect from all the concrete. Drive across a wash or other slightly open area at night and your outside thermometer will show up to a 10 degree drop.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2.3 seems to like running warm. I spent ~25 mins running up 3 - 9 degree grades in 1st gear, low rpms off road earlier this week. Oil temp started at 215 and slowly crept up to 223. Was there for a while before I got to the top. No lights, no warnings. Appears normal and to be expected. Performed as expected.

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.7L 90F outside going 75mph I had 225F for engine and 205F for trans, never went over and whenever I went off cruise control to slow down it usually almost dropped instantly to 223F
Sponsored