First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I have a base model with the 2.3l engine. Only 4,500 ish miles (I purchased it with 4,300 miles on the Bronco). I installed the JCR engine cover and when at idle the cover was "ringing" due to impact on other engine parts. I checked the clearance between the cover and verified fitment and all was good, but it sure seems like the engine was vibrating more than it should causing the vibration in the cover. I dropped two cans of techron in the fuel tank and intend to drive it enough this week to burn all the purchased (with the Bronco) fuel out of the tank. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe a metal engine cover is looking like a bad idea, but I have no proof its the engine cover either (out of fairness to JCR). I plan on calling them today and speaking with them.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine runs very smooth, no excessive vibration. With the metal cover possible harmonic distortion causing the ringing?

OP
OP

thompsdw

Base
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure on that one. Just know it was making a pinging sound - I just assumed it was hitting something. The outer edge of the cover was probably moving on the order of 1/2" (total up/down).

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things that come to mind

1: The cover is triggering the knock sensors, retarding timing, causing harsh vibrations.

2: A bad engine mount.

Hopefully it’s just installed incorrectly and easily fixed with an adjustment

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was doing the same thing on my 2.7. I ended up trimming the front of it a bit to give it more clearance. Pic is before trimming. It was basically touching the pipe and would rattle like crazy and make a pretty obnoxious noise. It's been fine after trimming.

Ford Bronco Excessive Engine Vibration IMG_7794
Sponsored