GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The 212 temperature value you're referencing is Engine Oil Temperature, which runs hotter than Engine Coolant Temperature. You don't need to start sweating until you get to 245 degrees. I have had my GT350 up to 255 degrees during the middle of the Phoenix summer (110+ degrees ambient) in low speed traffic with the A/C blasting without worry.
Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 212 temperature value you're referencing is Engine Oil Temperature, which runs hotter than Engine Coolant Temperature. You don't need to start sweating until you get to 245 degrees. I have had my GT350 up to 255 degrees during the middle of the Phoenix summer (110+ degrees ambient) in low speed traffic with the A/C blasting without worry.
Random, but I cover Phoenix in my territory and always wonder how much everyone blasting their AC affects the overall outside temps when hot air is expelled. Everyone worries about fossil fuels or whatever but AC is blasting all day everyday… cars, homes, businesses. The more people, the more AC, the more heat created, the more AC, and so on.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I'm glad I read to the end before I posted the same thing :)

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Random, but I cover Phoenix in my territory and always wonder how much everyone blasting their AC affects the overall outside temps when hot air is expelled. Everyone worries about fossil fuels or whatever but AC is blasting all day everyday… cars, homes, businesses. The more people, the more AC, the more heat created, the more AC, and so on.
That's part of one of the biggest climate issues in Phoenix, the heat island effect. Like you said we have A/C systems discharging heat, concrete & black asphalt absorbing and radiating heat and very little vegetation to provide cover to the ground below.

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ok now thats a stupid oversight on my behalf!!! good catch, thank you!!!

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The “ heated air” you reference is air that is already heated. AC units simply move heated air from one location to another. Technically, a micro fraction of heat from the mechanical energy converting into thermal energy is produced by the compressor, but the heated air is simply being transferred through the process of refrigeration.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The “ heated air” you reference is air that is already heated. AC units simply move heated air from one location to another. Technically, a micro fraction of heat from the mechanical energy converting into thermal energy is produced by the compressor, but the heated air is simply being transferred through the process of refrigeration.
I am not sure your point makes sense. A place like Phoenix was never naturally 65-70 degrees in summer months, so the heat expelled to cool an indoor space will definitely create a greater heat effect outside.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I let it sit for about 30 min after getting home and looked to bleed the coolant system, but no bubbles. all fluids are right where they need to be and no chocolate milk in oil...had to check for S&Gs.
Call your dealer and ask, there is also a Ford Tec thread answering questions like this

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All this science, I don't understand...

favorite-facts.gif

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've gone up some really long steep grades - e,g., Baker & Tehachapi grades - with my JL's 2.0T in 115 degree heat and the coolant temp hasn't changed a bit. Rock solid @ 192 degrees no matter the air temp, on road and off.
Wrong vehicle.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The net change is close to zero. The fault occurs if you measure outside near a heat 'exchanger'. The energy used to exchange the heat does become becomes part of the UHI.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a couple folks correctly recognized, it is the oil temp at 212F, which is perfect, boils off moisture in the oil. The real concern is the trans temp, 205F is 15F higher than I would like to see under normal use.
Sponsored