J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The negativity here is unreal. We should all hope Ford makes lots of special editions so we can pick and choose bits for our own builds, at least.

Personally I’d rather have an EG over my OBX 4 door, but I already have it. I have two orders in for my “dream” 2 door basesquatch and am very tempted to switch one to an EG…but that 2 door is something I’ve been dreaming about for awhile.

For 3500 bucks over a similar BD build you get a (VERY nice) winch and mount (that alone is a 3500 dollar option over the counter), snorkel, unique wheels, unique fenders, a 12” screen, and the chance at a special color. That’s a steal.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have another called Terrain (VA) which is what I thought one of the wrapped test units was wearing. Either way, my next BL is going to be desert sand or Terrain. Need to see if the paint mix recipe has been published for VA and if so, have the body shop do a spray out.

If they won't work with me on color, I'll order white and have it painted.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The negativity here is unreal. We should all hope Ford makes lots of special editions so we can pick and choose bits for our own builds, at least.

Personally I’d rather have an EG over my OBX 4 door, but I already have it. I have two orders in for my “dream” 2 door basesquatch and am very tempted to switch one to an EG…but that 2 door is something I’ve been dreaming about for awhile.

For 3500 bucks over a similar BD build you get a (VERY nice) winch and mount (that alone is a 3500 dollar option over the counter), snorkel, unique wheels, unique fenders, a 12” screen, and the chance at a special color. That’s a steal.
Sure, *if* that's what you are looking for. I won't compromise on a 4 door, so it's an immediate no-go here. Discounting even that, without changing any other options, it's already 12k more than my Base Sasquash, I feel like I'm not getting 12k worth of things I'm looking for.

And I'm not affronted that the Everglades exists, I just won't jump until there is special edition that has what I'd want on it. (I doubt Ford will ever do a 2 door SE)

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was gonna start the same thread a few weeks ago but I felt like I knew the answer.

It's a flop.

Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have another called Terrain (VA) which is what I thought one of the wrapped test units was wearing. Either way, my next BL is going to be desert sand or Terrain. Need to see if the paint mix recipe has been published for VA and if so, have the body shop do a spray out.

If they won't work with me on color, I'll order white and have it painted.
Terrain is the same color as Desert Sand. Terrain (PN4BZ) is in the order history as the paint chosen for customers who pick DS.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Levine reiterated that only unscheduled order holders will have the option to order the MY'22 Everglades. The Everglades will be open to all for MY'23.

If there is only 100 unscheduled order holders that choose the Everglades Edition (figuratively speaking), I can guarantee that many more will be produced and delivered to dealers for sweet ADM despite what Levine said. First and foremost, Ford is committed to building the Everglades Edition. They have a half a year of production to do so it will receive priority over stock trims to satisfy Ford's desire to see the special edition delivered to the public.

If people are on the edge of their dealer's allocation, opting for the Everglades will push them to getting a Bronco sooner than remaining steadfast with their original build.
Yah that makes total sense. I can see that. I'm curious when they will catch up with model years, like example if they will always be half a year behind. I can't wait to see some Everglades around. I read that it was a limited run, like the ranger splash is going to be.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yah that makes total sense. I can see that. I'm curious when they will catch up with model years, like example if they will always be half a year behind. I can't wait to see some Everglades around. I read that it was a limited run, like the ranger splash is going to be.
It is a Special Edition not a Limited Edition. Levine already confirmed that it will be available to be ordered by anyone for MY'23. Now, it likely won't remain an option for future MY(s) beyond MY'23 so it can be viewed as "Limited". But, it won't be "Limited" in the sense that the FE was.

Who knows when/if Ford ever catches up with the backlog. I suspect they will continue to offer price protection for early reservation holders until after the modular HT is available. But after that, I'm sure that protection will go away. At some point, people will have moved on.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a Special Edition not a Limited Edition. Levine already confirmed that it will be available to be ordered by anyone for MY'23. Now, it likely won't remain an option for future MY(s) beyond MY'23 so it can be viewed as "Limited". But, it won't be "Limited" in the sense that the FE was.

Who knows when/if Ford ever catches up with the backlog. I suspect they will continue to offer price protection for early reservation holders until after the modular HT is available. But after that, I'm sure that protection will go away. At some point, people will have moved on.
I agree, they will have moved on and they announced that they are not doing price protection for 2023 models, which sucks for those who still haven't gotten their 2021 models built. Is that what they said? It's a two year run? A dealer that I know read off the email from Ford to me and it did say limited edition so if it's two years than yah that's a very small window to get one.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe the overlanding crowd is all excited on Reddit somewhere 🤷‍♂️
Haha that could be. That's the only place I haven't looked. I'm sure there is a discord as well I should be checking

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me clarify, based on the location of the airbox on a Sas Bronco and the 36.4" water fording depth, it makes the need for a snorkel is totally unnecessary. The snow/dust advantages (others have brought up) is just marketing hype, a solution to a non-existing problem.

As to the rest of the Everglades, I like the fenders, the wheels are the best of the lot, the winch for many would be more useful than disco, and I like the additional color. So the only thing I'm down on is having a snorkel that serves no real purpose.
So how do explain snorkels being required equipment for vehicles running in the outback? Not much water there but lots of dust. note the snorkel set up on these Aussie trucks.
Ford Bronco Everglades take rate? Western-Star-pocket-road-train-I-drove-on-the-harvest-of-2016-when-the-cattle-job-was-quiet-du
Sponsored

Last edited: