Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey everyone, I am looking at getting an exhaust system for my bronco when it comes in. I am currently driving a v8 with a flow master setup and I love the sound. I know I’ll never get the 2.7 to sound like my v8, but does anyone know if there’s a system that could get me close? Currently I’m looking at the AWE 0FG cat-back system.
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you cant get even close with a bronco.Engine just isnt made for that. Unfortunately. You can get some throatiness but nothing close to the v8 you had. You dont have to spend a lot of money on a bronco exhaust to get the same sound. I have been looking around too. I have listened to 400 dollar systems versus 1500 dollar systems with same volume.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No comment on your proposed system but, I was under the back of my 2.7L Badlands SAS a few days ago looking at the exhaust system. I noticed the exhaust tubing running the length of the vehicle to the muffler appeared to be stainless steel and was a fairly large diameter (2.5” tubing) for 2.7 liters of displacement. I was impressed!

I don’t know why you would want to replace this section of tubing. $$$$

edit: I also noticed the muffler has 2 condensate drain holes in the bottom.

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s good to know thanks. I have an OBX Sas on order. Hopping to get it by February. I would much rather do a axel back system but just haven’t found any that don’t sound like a ricer when doing a hard pull.

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you cant get even close with a bronco.Engine just isnt made for that. Unfortunately. You can get some throatiness but nothing close to the v8 you had. You dont have to spend a lot of money on a bronco exhaust to get the same sound. I have been looking around too. I have listened to 400 dollar systems versus 1500 dollar systems with same volume.
Oh believe me I know I’ll never get my trucks sound outta the 2.7. I just want it to sound deeper and not like a ricer when I get on it. So in your opinion what has sound the closest?

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know I’ll never get the 2.7 to sound like my v8, but does anyone know if there’s a system that could get me close?
Nope. Can't be done.

Exhausts are like kids. You inexplicably like your own, but most other people's kids (and exhausts) are annoying as hell.

Every time you see someone say, "I put XYZ exhaust on my V6 and it sounds great," remember that they're the same type of person that will say, "My little Jaxsyn is an absolute angel and a wonderful child." And then remember that Jaxsyn is a little shithead that kicks dogs and bites his classmates and reconsider trusting that person's opinion.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh believe me I know I’ll never get my trucks sound outta the 2.7. I just want it to sound deeper and not like a ricer when I get on it.
"Deep" comes from cylinder count and arrangement, not exhaust. A 2.7 opened up gets raspy and warble-y. The only way to not sound like a "ricer" is to keep it quiet.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a upgrade I've been kicking around for months and have yet to pull trigger. I did an axel back with my JK that sounded decent when in the throttle, but it does get old sometimes on trips.

If I ever do go forward I was thinking the flowmaster FX axel-back HERE it sounds half decent and doesn't seem to have that "raspy Chris Collinsworth" sound to it, but again I'm old and this is not a V8 so not sure if when I will do it..

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Deep" comes from cylinder count and arrangement, not exhaust. A 2.7 opened up gets raspy and warble-y. The only way to not sound like a "ricer" is to keep it quiet.
Yea that’s what I’m finding with a lot of these. They sound good at idle but once the rpm go up I don’t like the sound. I have heard some nice sounding v6’s but they were larger than 2.7. I just want it to sound deeper when I get on it.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey everyone, I am looking at getting an exhaust system for my bronco when it comes in. I am currently driving a v8 with a flow master setup and I love the sound. I know I’ll never get the 2.7 to sound like my v8, but does anyone know if there’s a system that could get me close? Currently I’m looking at the AWE 0FG cat-back system.
I have this system with the bashpipe. AWE offers the two other options but those scream rice burner to me. Although if you get the double tip or single you still get the bash pipe. The sound: meh, the bronco is so smooth with shifting there is no "lul" between gears just a constant drone and a slight pitch change. That reaffirmed my purchase of not spending more for the different tips. I drive 20-30 min to work every day. It does not bother me, in fact it either dropped in decibels or I got used to it and I don't notice it. It is noticeable when you give it some gas and I wasted money on a BOV which the two together sound nice. Compared to the rest on the market I still believe AWE has them beat. Especially Roush.. Maybe check the marketplace here and see if anyone is selling their exhaust? Ive seen a couple AFE's on it. Being that they all sound similar could save you some coin.

p.s: screw roush and their 500$ CAI, slightly bigger box and filter..:sick:

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

there are some threads on this that include sound that may help your journey.

word of caution, even with hard tops you get a lot more noise. you will see a ton of exhaust that people went aftermarket and right back to stock. sometimes less is more.

personally, if i do anything at all it will be mbrp or awe. add a little tone and sound without drone or ruining overall ride. in the end i want to hear my music and be able to take a call too.

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have this system with the bashpipe. AWE offers the two other options but those scream rice burner to me. Although if you get the double tip or single you still get the bash pipe. The sound: meh, the bronco is so smooth with shifting there is no "lul" between gears just a constant drone and a slight pitch change. That reaffirmed my purchase of not spending more for the different tips. I drive 20-30 min to work every day. It does not bother me, in fact it either dropped in decibels or I got used to it and I don't notice it. It is noticeable when you give it some gas and I wasted money on a BOV which the two together sound nice. Compared to the rest on the market I still believe AWE has them beat. Especially Roush.. Maybe check the marketplace here and see if anyone is selling their exhaust? Ive seen a couple AFE's on it. Being that they all sound similar could save you some coin.

p.s: screw roush and their 500$ CAI, slightly bigger box and filter..:sick:
Thanks, I’ve thought about that, but I get funny about used parts. But the fact that I don’t have my bronco yet it may be better to wait and see when it gets in.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco sounds like the mail truck. I've learned to just love it for what it is.

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

there are some threads on this that include sound that may help your journey.

word of caution, even with hard tops you get a lot more noise. you will see a ton of exhaust that people went aftermarket and right back to stock. sometimes less is more.

personally, if i do anything at all it will be mbrp or awe. add a little tone and sound without drone or ruining overall ride. in the end i want to hear my music and be able to take a call too.
Yea I’m not looking for anything super loud. Just a little deeper tone. My truck is plenty loud right now and I don’t want to piss off my neighbors.