Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea I’m not looking for anything super loud. Just a little deeper tone. My truck is plenty loud right now and I don’t want to piss off my neighbors.
check out mbpr and awe. both have a good sound, no drone, and seem to add a little without sounding like you are best friends with vin diesel.
Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there an exhaust that will make the 2.7 quieter and maybe remove the droning? That is money better spent.

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

check out mbpr and awe. both have a good sound, no drone, and seem to add a little without sounding like you are best friends with vin diesel.
I just started looking at mbpr. Haven’t done much research into them yet, but I’ll check them out.

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there an exhaust that will make the 2.7 quieter and maybe remove the droning? That is money better spent.
That I don’t know about. I personally can’t do that. I need to hear the engine. I speed to easily if I can’t hear the rpm’s.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put the MTR exhaust on my 4cyl, then when it was totaled, installed it on my v6 Bronco. Couple of thoughts. Yes it is louder by a bit. Had to make my truck lighter after removing that keg out from under the rear end. Received a few compliments from Bronco Owners behind me on a trail run for the sound (though they could have been being polite?). Doesn't really drone, but you can hear it. HOWEVER... With the Automatic keeping the truck in a very narrow rpm range with all the constant shifting the tranny manages, well, I would prefer the exhaust sound in a stick shift.

I have it because I had it. I like the more aggressive sound but the constant rumble is just that, pretty constant (not a drone, but the tranny keeping you in a tight RPM band). I miss the burble of an up/down shift of a manual.

Edit: One of the trucks in the group was running a straight pipe. It sounded louder for sure, but really not that much louder. You could un couple your trucks kegger and try running it straight for a bit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put the MTR exhaust on my 4cyl, then when it was totaled, installed it on my v6 Bronco. Couple of thoughts. Yes it is louder by a bit. Had to make my truck lighter after removing that keg out from under the rear end. Received a few compliments from Bronco Owners behind me on a trail run for the sound (though they could have been being polite?). Doesn't really drone, but you can hear it. HOWEVER... With the Automatic keeping the truck in a very narrow rpm range with all the constant shifting the tranny manages, well, I would prefer the exhaust sound in a stick shift.

I have it because I had it. I like the more aggressive sound but the constant rumble is just that, pretty constant (not a drone, but the tranny keeping you in a tight RPM band). I miss the burble of an up/down shift of a manual.

Edit: One of the trucks in the group was running a straight pipe. It sounded louder for sure, but really not that much louder. You could un couple your trucks kegger and try running it straight for a bit.
Interesting thanks. Did the straight pipe make it any deeper? That’s more my thing. I like the low grumble that my v8 has.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leaving mine stock.
Best sound clip to my ear has been the Ford Performance exhaust. Pricey!
When you listen to the sound clips, do it with ear buds or headphones.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting thanks. Did the straight pipe make it any deeper? That’s more my thing. I like the low grumble that my v8 has.
I feel like my mtr had a better low end than the straight pipe, but the no muffler is easy to test out. Takes 15 min to disconnect and remove that keg.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You will waste a lot of money trying to get a good sound out of the 2.7. It can be made louder but not better. Save your money.
Best advice right here ^. A buddy swapped out 4 exhausts on his Gen 2 Raptor looking for that V8 sound and ended up going back to stock. V8s sound awesome with just about any aftermarket exhaust, but unfortunately the TTV6 EcoBoost sounds like poo.

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leaving mine stock.
That’s what’s on the bronco raptor right?

Sponsored
OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Best advice right here ^. A buddy swapped out 4 exhausts on his Gen 2 Raptor looking for that V8 sound and ended up going back to stock. V8s sound awesome with just about any aftermarket exhaust, but unfortunately the TTV6 EcoBoost sounds like poo.
Yea thats definitely not what I wanna do. I hear some that sound great on YouTube but I know that doesn’t mean thats how they sound in person.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Leaving mine stock.
FYI the Ford Performance exhaust is made by Borla. The Borla can likely be had much cheaper.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI the Ford Performance exhaust is made by Borla. The Borla can likely be had much cheaper.
Was just referring to my take on sound clips.
Like I said, mine is staying stock.
I don't care if these were all free upgrades, I prefer the stock configuration

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey everyone, I am looking at getting an exhaust system for my bronco when it comes in. I am currently driving a v8 with a flow master setup and I love the sound. I know I’ll never get the 2.7 to sound like my v8, but does anyone know if there’s a system that could get me close? Currently I’m looking at the AWE 0FG cat-back system.
I narrowed mine down to Borla, Roush, or Magnaflow.
Sponsored