Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So it only took a couple of weeks of getting cooked in the sun to realize I am probably going to need a bimini. It seems the two high-end options are Gearshade and Jtops. The Jtops is what I'm leaning toward since I like their zipper setup for hardtop and also the fact that it seems to flap much less than any other option. I'm not crazy about the velcro strips, but I understand the advantages they bring to the design vs bungees, straps, etc.

Anywho, the only thing that is stopping me from pulling the trigger is that it seems like the Jtops have less visibility through them when you are inside looking up vs. the other brands. I'm not sure if this is just how the images I've seen make it look, but I was wondering if anybody with a Jtop could comment on the visibility out of the top when you are in the vehicle. I definitely want to preserve as much of the open air experience as possible with whatever shade I go with. Ill be getting the tan/khaki color in whatever version I go with so bonus points if somebody happens to have one of those. Thanks!
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have one and love it, IF it doesn’t rain tomorrow I will take the top off and take a picture from inside looking up for you. Definitely the best Bimini top option available right now and probably for the foreseeable future. You can see right thru it for sure, but keeps the sun from cooking you. Mine is the distressed flag with custom script on it, so not tan like you’re looking at getting.

moborb

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996, Speed Triple, Odyssey, LS460
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recognize this is the purpose, but…it’s a game changer in the direct sun. Completely different experience (in a good way) for driver and passengers, particularly in the high heat. Are there a couple things I could complain about, sure. But it’s the best investment we’ve made so far. Top only goes up if we’re caught in the rain now.

I’d say visibility is impacted but not eliminated. You still see through it. That said, I don’t have a comparison with other tops.

good luck!

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have one and love it, IF it doesn’t rain tomorrow I will take the top off and take a picture from inside looking up for you. Definitely the best Bimini top option available right now and probably for the foreseeable future. You can see right thru it for sure, but keeps the sun from cooking you. Mine is the distressed flag with custom script on it, so not tan like you’re looking at getting.
That would be sweet if you could snap a pic or two. Appreciate your insight! I'm guessing the focus/angle of the picture on phone cameras probably makes it look like it's less see-through than it really is.

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Jtops one incoming. I purchased the hardtop version hoping it would be compatible with the soft top I have for now. But that isn’t the case as I found out.

I had the Bestop and it was way too flappy/noisy. I have put in the Velcro before I figured that the bimini was not interchangeable and it already seems like it’s a better design. There’s a plastic strip up front thatkeeps the front edge tucked in to prevent flapping. And there’s the Velcro and magnets throughout The rest that makes me confident this is going to be WAY quieter than the Bestop.

You have to pick H/T or S/T as the layout is different and it becomes an issue if you are planning to have dual tops at some point in time until JTops comes with a design that is compatible with both.

Sponsored

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
J tops is amazing and so is there customer service, I have one on my Jeep and love it. You won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That would be sweet if you could snap a pic or two. Appreciate your insight! I'm guessing the focus/angle of the picture on phone cameras probably makes it look like it's less see-through than it really is.
From the top down you can’t see thru angthing really but I will post a pic from the inside too

35171C5A-6D92-4498-B4F1-387D29CF4B81.jpeg

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So it only took a couple of weeks of getting cooked in the sun to realize I am probably going to need a bimini. It seems the two high-end options are Gearshade and Jtops. The Jtops is what I'm leaning toward since I like their zipper setup for hardtop and also the fact that it seems to flap much less than any other option. I'm not crazy about the velcro strips, but I understand the advantages they bring to the design vs bungees, straps, etc.

Anywho, the only thing that is stopping me from pulling the trigger is that it seems like the Jtops have less visibility through them when you are inside looking up vs. the other brands. I'm not sure if this is just how the images I've seen make it look, but I was wondering if anybody with a Jtop could comment on the visibility out of the top when you are in the vehicle. I definitely want to preserve as much of the open air experience as possible with whatever shade I go with. Ill be getting the tan/khaki color in whatever version I go with so bonus points if somebody happens to have one of those. Thanks!
Just installed the J top on my four-door big bend. I used it for the first time this weekend. Sun was out and hot and blazing. this thing really did the job. It’s superior quality you can see through with no problems. Very little flapping at all. I would highly recommend the J tops product. I don’t have any experience with anything else, but like anything else in the world usually get what you pay for. You can’t go wrong with this thing!

Reactions: rws

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a JTops in Titanium, which is a tighter weave than most other colors. It's definitely not like full topless, but you can see through it well enough in my opinion.
Their customer service is absolutely top notch, which is why I'd recommend them over any other brand.

Ford Bronco Experience with JTop biminis? 0FB80C1C-05A5-45DD-8A52-9E82D4D92E10

Last edited:

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I'm out cruising the state forest roads, I can clearly see hawks and other types of birds flying overhead through the mesh. I have the black one. I've had it on for 2 months and a couple of the corners came up on the velcro strips but it hasn't affected anything and still holding strong.

Sponsored

Eruption

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a slightly different take, and it is due to the fact that I am a bit on the tall side (6'2"). The item installs and works as designed and is great in full sun / top off.

The issue comes up when the top is on and the front is not in full tension. The droop when the front is folded back with the top on is just enough to sit on the top of my head when in that mode.
It is unfortunate, but it makes the item unusable due to this issue. That along with the constant ringing from the zipper jingle is what led me to request a return authorization from the vendor.

They have unfortunately denied this request, so I guess I will try to sell it used at this point.

Received it as a gift and waited 3 months to get it, used it for one weekend and cannot wait to get it off of my vehicle.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a JTops on order but needed something for a trip so I ordered a Gear shade for that week. I figured i'd sell which ever one I didn't like.

Gear shade was an easy install, stretched fine. Gave plenty of shade. I didn't like the gap at the front between the windshield and the mesh top and it flapped pretty good on the highway.

Jtops mesh top was a much more involved install. I installed my velcro on a normal 80 ish degree day and waited 2 days to install the mesh top. We had a major heatwave that week and I had some issues with the velcro pulling away. Contacted Mike at Jtops and they sent me a whole new velcro kit and goof off to remove the residue of the old velcro. Awesome customer service for sure. As far as the top goes, there is absolutely no comparison between them. The Jtops looks factory, provides plenty of relief from the sun but does not take away from the open top feel of the bronco and it it hardly flaps at all at speed on the highway. I have the hardtop version and didn't like the jingling of the zippers so I cut all the pull tabs off and threaded some thin black ribbon thru them. Works perfect.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a JTops (4door) on order. The shared comments here have given me confidence that I've chosen the right top. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another happy J Top customer here.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a slightly different take, and it is due to the fact that I am a bit on the tall side (6'2"). The item installs and works as designed and is great in full sun / top off.

The issue comes up when the top is on and the front is not in full tension. The droop when the front is folded back with the top on is just enough to sit on the top of my head when in that mode.
It is unfortunate, but it makes the item unusable due to this issue. That along with the constant ringing from the zipper jingle is what led me to request a return authorization from the vendor.

They have unfortunately denied this request, so I guess I will try to sell it used at this point.

Received it as a gift and waited 3 months to get it, used it for one weekend and cannot wait to get it off of my vehicle.
Zippers heads can be tucked up when closing. It will eliminate any noise. A simple request to us to help the situation would have been nice.
Sorry we did meet your expectations. Your feedback will help us become a better company.
Mike
Sponsored