First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a portable compressor with alligator clips. I'd like to have a rear vehicle connection rather than opening the hood every time I need air (use it for MTB tires and inflatable SUP in addition to the Bronco tires). I already have a distribution block with an available port in the cargo area that is wired direct to the battery.

Any suggestions for a connector that is exterior rated or another way to quickly connect the compressor at the rear of the vehicle?
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d consider researching trolling motor connectors. I typed “outdoor 12v connector “ into the google and a lot of different options popped up. The Amazon seemed to have many different options, including the aforementioned trolling motor connectors. Didn’t mind doing the search, as I will probably find myself in the same quandary in the not so distant future.

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you though about hooking up the 7-pin trailer plug? Pin 1 is ground, pin 4 is 12V+. The 4-pin trailer plugs do not provide a constant 12V+ pin. When you get the 7-pin kit (can use anybody's), you will have the male plug to attach to your compressor. Your exterior plug will have a weatherproof cover and you don't have to drill additional holes into the body.

OP
OP

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d consider researching trolling motor connectors. I typed “outdoor 12v connector “ into the google and a lot of different options popped up. The Amazon seemed to have many different options, including the aforementioned trolling motor connectors. Didn’t mind doing the search, as I will probably find myself in the same quandary in the not so distant future.
I did see a couple solar connectors that seem like they'd work. I check out trolling motors too.

OP
OP

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you though about hooking up the 7-pin trailer plug? Pin 1 is ground, pin 4 is 12V+. The 4-pin trailer plugs do not provide a constant 12V+ pin. When you get the 7-pin kit (can use anybody's), you will have the male plug to attach to your compressor. Your exterior plug will have a weatherproof cover and you don't have to drill additional holes into the body.
Interesting idea. I do have a Curt 4 pin harness. I'll look into the 7 pin as a possibility.