First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed Twin ARB with Grim mounting Kit and wired ARB to Aux Switch others have done the same. but I wanted to have the Air Chuck Available without opening the hood and no good mounting points on Bumper I have Rough Country Fog Lights and stacked and a RoughB county 12K pro winch...so I thought about it and opted to mount through passenger side Fender routed like under the Fender liner with a 90 and looks clean. just some ideas...
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240307_143214
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240307_143158
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240311_193234
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240311_193250
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240311_193302
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240307_145053
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240307_143158
Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares IMG_20240307_145053

IMG_20240311_193318.jpg

IMG_20240307_143228.jpg

IMG_20240309_135605.jpg

IMG_20240307_145103.jpg
Sponsored

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may want to rethink that flare mount for the air line. That could be ripped out by a rock, or branch, while you are out wheeling. It could tear the whole mount apart if the hose is yanked hard enough. I believe there is plenty of room on your bumper for an air line connector.

Also think about adding cold intakes for your compressor if you are keeping the hood shut. Compressors loose around 15% efficiency compressing hot air. With a vertical tuck, yours in next to the engine block sucking hot air. Add that to the hood being shut, where is the heat going to dissipate? That is why most mounts are horizontal and run with the hood open. You aren't going anywhere while airing up. Hood up or down is merely a personal cosmetic consideration.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Brian. Thanks for sharing your creative install idea. I agree with Doc Toc about the location you chose, I have the worst luck with random sticks ending up with places that defy logic. With my luck that would get torn off first time out. But I do enjoy seeing other people’s ideas. I’m curious about the picture of the battery you shared. What’s that thing attached to your battery? Some sort of switch for your winch?

OP
OP
BroncoLowLife

BroncoLowLife

Wildtrak
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You may want to rethink that flare mount for the air line. That could be ripped out by a rock, or branch, while you are out wheeling. It could tear the whole mount apart if the hose is yanked hard enough. I believe there is plenty of room on your bumper for an air line connector.

Also think about adding cold intakes for your compressor if you are keeping the hood shut. Compressors loose around 15% efficiency compressing hot air. With a vertical tuck, yours in next to the engine block sucking hot air. Add that to the hood being shut, where is the heat going to dissipate? That is why most mounts are horizontal and run with the hood open. You aren't going anywhere while airing up. Hood up or down is merely a personal cosmetic consideration.
Thanks I appreciate it ..I will run this for a while see how it goes...no room on front Modular bumper have rough country God lights and a rough country 12k pro winch.
But thanks again for your comments.

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like the top of the mod bumper would have plenty of space to drill a new hole for the quick disconnect, or even mounted behind your winch. I've seen a few people mount the disconnect up by the radio antenna too. All better options than hanging out the side on a plastic fender, waiting to get ripped off in my opinion.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we're all giving advice here, another area you could consider mounting the chuck is somewhere on the front grill. Close to the engine bay, and would be concealed pretty cleanly. Might need to notch out one of the holes in the grill, but otherwise it could work nicely as an alternative option.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
BroncoLowLife

BroncoLowLife

Wildtrak
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely.... especially...dark sarcasms Hahahaha

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@BroncoLowLife - I am about to install the same setup in mine (with an air chuck on the compressor and one mounted on the rear bumper).

Can you tell me what torque value you used on the bracket that attaches to the upper shock mount (on the engine side of the Grimm main mount)?

Many thanks!

OP
OP
BroncoLowLife

BroncoLowLife

Wildtrak
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@BroncoLowLife - I am about to install the same setup in mine (with an air chuck on the compressor and one mounted on the rear bumper).

Can you tell me what torque value you used on the bracket that attaches to the upper shock mount (on the engine side of the Grimm main mount)?

Many thanks!
Nope ...Tight...Lol I didn't see any listed torque specs in the not included instruction manual lol....

Mm this is too much....I have really been missing out....never posted stuff before In forums...this is very entertaining.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope ...Tight...Lol I didn't see any listed torque specs in the not included instruction manual lol....

Mm this is too much....I have really been missing out....never posted stuff before In forums...this is very entertaining.
Well, (for me) "tight" is too subjective. For anyone else looking to do this, I did more digging and between the Grimm install instructions and the Ford Service Manual, the torque value is 41 lb.ft (55 Nm).

Grimm Instructions:

Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares Grimm

Service Manual:

Ford Bronco ARB Twin install with Exterior Air Chuck on fender flares Shock tower
Sponsored