Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why? You can live in any of those states, and still do the European Delivery thing. They didn't have to change any laws for that to be possible. And how can Ford charge shipping, if you're picking it up at the factory?

I do admit, though, that Covid would make it improbable at this time. But by the time we actually get our Broncos, it might all be over.
I believe there is a Ford dealership literally across the street from the plant. They have to pay the $1495 delivery charge also.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford promises your Bronco will roll out of the Factory on August 10, 2021.
You purchase a one-way plane ticket to Detroit on August 9.
You call your Boss on August 11 asking for another day of vacation because of build issues.
You call your Boss again on August 12 and ask to just take off the whole week.
You buy a one-way plane ticket home on August 15 because you need to go to work on the 16th.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's weird that destination charges for vehicles made literally halfway around the world and shipped on boats over oceans, storms, and Cthulhu and shit are the same if not less for something built in the US, thrown on an open car carrier and schlepped 2-3 states over.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the teamsters union contract prevents factory pick-up.

The Carhaul Division represents thousands of hardworking Teamsters across the United States and Canada. Workers in this industry safely transport loads of cars and trucks from one location to another. Teamster Carhaulers have been doing this work under the National Master Automobile Transporters Agreement (NMATA) since the 1940s. (from an article describing the union)

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why? You can live in any of those states, and still do the European Delivery thing. They didn't have to change any laws for that to be possible. And how can Ford charge shipping, if you're picking it up at the factory?

I do admit, though, that Covid would make it improbable at this time. But by the time we actually get our Broncos, it might all be over.
..The US dealers pay the manufactures millions of dollars every year to be a franchised licensed dealers...so the dealers are the only ones that are allowed to sell to the public...so no..we can't pick up our Broncos at MAP...

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I believe there is a Ford dealership literally across the street from the plant. They have to pay the $1495 delivery charge also.
Yup, Jack Demmer, thats where im ordering from. I have to pay the same delivery charge as everybody else. And it literally is right across the street!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope but you can send me a postcard. I've been to both the Mercedes and Porsche factory in Germany, head down here and we can visit BMW and Volvo but I'm good not having Detroit on my bucket list.
When I lived in Stuttgart I did the Mercedes factory tour, also the porche tour at the Suffenhausen plant. But I took a trip up north to do a factory pick-up on a new Saab Turbo Convertible, one of the funnest cars to drive behind my DeTomaso. (that I could not bring home)

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's weird that destination charges for vehicles made literally halfway around the world and shipped on boats over oceans, storms, and Cthulhu and shit are the same if not less for something built in the US, thrown on an open car carrier and schlepped 2-3 states over.
In the US it's equalized across all dealers. That way the dealer across the street doesn't have a competitive advantage to one a few states over, or on the other side of the country. Destination is only calculated for transport inside the US. If the car's shipped from overseas, that cost is baked into the MSRP.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d totally in on this, have the 5 off-rodeo locations as a pick up point. Do an off road program for .5/1/3 days on factory rides, then drive home in your own new ride. Win Win.
Sponsored