Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone turned on the rear fog light option and hooked up lights in the back?

I'm trying to figure out if I add a rear lighting option to the back of the vehicle (like this - Baja Designs) Can I have the switch enabled when the vehicle is parked, can it be enabled if off-highway driving (do they work with low/high beams)? Will they turn off when you turn the vehicle off or maintain previous operation when you restart)

Anyone have knowledge/experience here?
In my experience with other vehicles equipped with rear fog, your front fogs must be on to activate the rear fogs.
They'll likely only work with the ignition on...
Will work with high beam...
Likely will work as long as at least the parking lights are on... Not necessarily headlights must be on.

The sun hit my dash the other day and I could see the physical idiot lights (not the screen icons).... There was clearly a fog light idiot light but I couldn't see a rear fog one.
Perhaps it shows on the screen? 🤷
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! But.... Does a hole need to be cut into the NA bumper to make this work?

BAD DOG! smile...... the one in stock was ordered for me by Phil ( @ Flip) and we have a little project underway that we were NOT going to disclose to the forum , UNTIL later when successfully completed. Yes , you can cut a hole in the NA bumper and someone may even be nice and provide you with a template. Big Ole Grin! In the mean time,...Shhhhhh.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BAD DOG! smile...... the one in stock was ordered for me by Phil ( @ Flip) and we have a little project underway that we were NOT going to disclose to the forum , UNTIL later when successfully completed. Yes , you can cut a hole in the NA bumper and someone may even be nice and provide you with a template. Big Ole Grin! In the mean time,...Shhhhhh.
So, I guess you can confirm (or deny) that there IS a factory harness back there for the rear fog? I don't remember if it was covered earlier in the forum and I just missed it.. 🤷
Oh wait... The power-side, switched lead is there on one side of the plug, but not on the light end? It just needs pinned?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you use the rear fog switch to turn on some lights if you were to install a few in the rear cargo area? I'd probably use that more than the rear fogs.
You could also use an upfitter switch for this. Which would be more suitable, and easier to install.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes but I'm going to utilize the front factory fog switch for the Baja designs fogs up front anyway
Well, you can use it for interior lights if ya like, but be aware you'll need to also have your ignition on for it to work 🤷

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could you use the rear fog switch to turn on some lights if you were to install a few in the rear cargo area? I'd probably use that more than the rear fogs.

I'm sure you could once the dual fog switch assembly is restocked. I would caution to use low current draw LED lamp. Will also need to utilize Forscan to enable it. You need the correct harness.

Last edited:

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I guess you can confirm (or deny) that there IS a factory harness back there for the rear fog? I don't remember if it was covered earlier in the forum and I just missed it.. 🤷
Oh wait... The power-side, switched lead is there on one side of the plug, but not on the light end? It just needs pinned?
yes . There are three PINs inbound from the Body control module . + 12 volt, PIN 2 , Rear Fog is PIN 3 and ground is PIN number 5 . ( thank you D2dhanover) So you need a Pigtail to connect to PIN 3 and a splice into the ground or find where they all attached and run a ground to chassis.

All this is making use of the the Lux package harness ......so pending what you have,????? your milage may vary.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes . There are three PINs inbound from the Body control module . + 12 volt, PIN 2 , Rear Fog is PIN 3 and ground is PIN number 5 . ( thank you D2dhanover) So you need a Pigtail to connect to PIN 3 and a splice into the ground or find where they all attached and run a ground to chassis.

All this is making use of the the Lux package harness ......so pending what you have,????? your milage may vary.
Lux package because....? Backup sensors?
High pack also has backup sensors... Which I have

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lux package because....? Backup sensors?
High pack also has backup sensors... Which I have
I would guess your good to go. Easy way to find out....follow your license plate lamp harness backwards to the first plug. If its mate has a wire at PIN 3 ??? you're home free.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1639093318079.png

D2dhanover posted a picture which is a mate to this with the switch installed and @flip helped me with understanding what the rear fog bumper should be by sharing this image of the bumper with rear fog slot. Thank you both for your contributions to help me with my crusade to add factory rear fog set up.
Does that blue bracket come with the foglight part # or is it already on our Bronco's?

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does Forscan have an entry in the Instrument panel module for rear fog? Just front fog?
both front and rear, and you can enable one or the other or both.
Sponsored