First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please let us know if you are able to get it shipped as they may not be able to get the switch for a while .
I was thinking the backordered switch was the dual fog light version since they aren’t used in the US. We’ll find out soon enough.
Sponsored

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been trying to find time to tackle this for everyone and finally did. I hope this can serve as the base of a write up for everyone, I don't have much experience making write ups but I will try my best.

To enable and utilize the factory fog light harness these are the steps needed. You will need ForScan (obviously but had to clarify) and the headlight switch of your choice, mine specifically is the auto lamp one with spot light buttons and just the single fog light in the center of the dial (I forget the part number if anyone knows)

Connect to the vehicle and go into configurations --> BdyCM and open it.
You will want to find and change the following:

Front fog lamps - change this from "Disabled" to "Enabled".
Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
Using Front Fog With High Beam - This is an optional change but if you want to use fogs with high beams change it to "Allowed"

Write the settings made, you are finished with the BdyCM for now

Next you need to open the IPC which will turn on the fog light indicator in your gauge screen:

Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"

Write this setting and now we will go onto the As-Built change.

You will need to open BdyCM (As-Built Configuration). BACK UP THIS FILE in case anything goes wrong you can restore the original.

Locate the following line:

726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (My Badlands specifically was 726-42-01-0000-0000-0575)

You will need to change the second box to 0101. ForScan does autochecksum calculations so what I ended up with was 726-42-01-0000-0101-0577

Write this change

I originally started with just the first two parts but while the indicator would show up on the dash I was not getting power to the fog light harness in the bumper. I was curious and compared to a 2021 F-150 spreadsheet. This 726-42-01 is the control line for what the Left and Right fog light circuit actually does. There's a few options but the default setting is "not used". The setting I changed it to (01) is "Fog cornering" (I assume 04 for Fog Only will work too) but there is another one (05) which basically turns that circuit into an always on 12v. The switch does not turn it off and while I tested it with the vehicle on I forgot to check it with the vehicle keyed off though I assume it would be a key on only setting. I mention this just because it could be useful to somone here who may not be hooking up fog lights but might want a low amp, I believe the fuse is only 5 amps, source for other accessories.

For those curious here is the full list of options but I only tried the two I mentioned:

LF_Fog_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Fog Cornering 02=Fog DRL 03=Fog DRL Cornering 04=Fog Only 05=Power Supply

Also, I did not research or attempt anything relating to the Rear Fog Lamps. I know some people here are seeking that but unfortunately I didn't dive into that yet.
This is really brilliant stuff - thanks for sharing. One quick question: If I want FOG ONLY (04) should the As-Built line in your example end up being 726-42-01-0000-0404-0577?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please let us know if you are able to get it shipped as they may not be able to get the switch for a while .
Tasca cancelled my order. Maybe I’ll try the rear fog version.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PootsBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone help me out with the switch part number. I have a black diamond coming, and can't figure out the part number.

I know there's the wiring harness issue but I'd like to start tracking down the part.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can someone help me out with the switch part number. I have a black diamond coming, and can't figure out the part number.

I know there's the wiring harness issue but I'd like to start tracking down the part.
Fords Part number is:

M2DZ-11654-CA for front and rear fogs switch ( termed DUAL FOGS) and just -DA for the front only fogs. Your Black Diamond Mid Package doesn't have the needed harness that comes in the high package. As for chasing the headlight switch , no stock in the States as of this morning. I have also tried Mexico this morning and while they have zero stock he informed me the price in Mexico when available is $160 for an $80 switch including Frieght .
I'm checking with friends in both Canada and The UK and will report back if I have any luck.
Adding the harnesses for the Black Diamond is an uphill battle. Add the fogs to an AUX switch.smile.
Regards,
George

Last edited:

PootsBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you! Let us know if you have any luck with the parts!

Sponsored

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I ordered my switch the parts man said it was the last in the country. I didn’t believe that to be the case but perhaps it was true.

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you order from?
The part man at my local dealership is who told me about there only being one switch and then quoted me $103 + shipping. I then found it online for $63 plus shipping from Fordpartsonsale.com who got it in less than a week.

nineagel

Badlands
First Name
Oleg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2, Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The part man at my local dealership is who told me about there only being one switch and then quoted me $103 + shipping. I then found it online for $63 plus shipping from Fordpartsonsale.com who got it in less than a week.
Thanks for sharing this. Im trying to order from the same place, and they put my order on-hold and asking for VIN. I this common? I don’t really share VIN with online stores. Did you have the seme experience with your order? Or it was just shipped without any issues?

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing this. Im trying to order from the same place, and they put my order on-hold and asking for VIN. I this common? I don’t really share VIN with online stores. Did you have the seme experience with your order? Or it was just shipped without any issues?

Yes, they are a Ford dealer and want to confirm you’re ordering the correct part for your vehicle. The next step is them telling you it’s the wrong switch because you don’t have fog lights and you’ll reply that you’re adding fog lights and understand that you’ll need to activate modules…then they will process the order. In reality it’s a great double check they provide.

Also, I don’t know why folks are so secretive with VINs. I can go to a dealer right now and take note of any number of VINs. If someone is going to grab your info there’s so many ways for them to do it.
Sponsored