Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe I found the location of the connector C192. I was watching the video on the rust proofing, and they had removed the wheel well linings.
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1642648107997
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is the best way/procedure to get out the existing headlight switch module in order to replace it with a new one having the fog button?

P.S. This a great thread; so much information but long. Thank you to all who contributed and shared.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the best way/procedure to get out the existing headlight switch module in order to replace it with a new one having the fog button?

P.S. This a great thread; so much information but long. Thank you to all who contributed and shared.
Panel opens via about a half dozen clips (green in pic) then you can easily remove/swap the switch

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch F4DC5649-5F30-4A9A-A782-5A3740170752

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Panel opens via about a half dozen clips (green in pic) then you can easily remove/swap the switch

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch F4DC5649-5F30-4A9A-A782-5A3740170752
Thank you. Any one know the gauge of the existing factory harness fog light wire? Planning to remove the current connector and use a Weather Pack connector so it will connect up easily to the BD Fog Kit, and want make sure I order the right gauge weather pack pins. Looks like pin wire options are 18-20 gauge or 14-18 gauge.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1002556

I linked an earlier post of mine in this thread, these are the terminals we use at Ford for reference.

Ground is 18 and power is 16

I went opposite of you and converted the BD harness to work with the factory harness
Thank you!!! I may go that route. Do you feel like you get a good weather tight seal using that existing factory cap with male pins added? I assume yes, but thought I'd check. Any seals that should be ordered with the pins? Also, is the length of the existing lead coming out of the back of the BD Squadron long enough for direct connect to the factory fog connector?

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two questions:
1. Where does that mount?
2. Part number?
It mounts in the rear center of steel bumpers available in Badlands and up trims only . Not in Outerbanks and down with Plastic bumpers . There are diagrams here on the site . A pre wire for rear fog is in the Lux harness with lots of info here as well. The connector is located behind left rear tire that you need to tap into.

it requires a dual fog switch or you can use the upfitter pre wire if you have aux switches .
The fog switches , single and dual have been on back order and look to be relieved by a handful this month. Many of us have had in order for at least 2 months and some will start being fulfilled.
Pm me if you wish to talk about it?

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It mounts in the rear center of steel bumpers available in Badlands and up trims only . Not in Outerbanks and down with Plastic bumpers . There are diagrams here on the site . A pre wire for rear fog is in the Lux harness with lots of info here as well. The connector is located behind left rear tire that you need to tap into.

it requires a dual fog switch or you can use the upfitter pre wire if you have aux switches .
The fog switches , single and dual have been on back order and look to be relieved by a handful this month. Many of us have had in order for at least 2 months and some will start being fulfilled.
Pm me if you wish to talk about it?
I was lucky and got my dual switch a couple months ago (before my bronco showed up)... just missed the update on this rear light... [Going to go outside and look at the bumper on my BL now.. lol]

stanger1944

Base
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F150, 16 F150, 2010 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
May have missed it but can anyone confirm this will work for a base model? If it will I will be looking for factory fogs as well to make it plug and play essentially.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone have a good picture showing where the front fog light factory wire plug (unused) is located? I know it's near the shackle connection point but did readily see it under there and didn't want to go pulling on things yet.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have a good picture showing where the front fog light factory wire plug (unused) is located? I know it's near the shackle connection point but did readily see it under there and didn't want to go pulling on things yet.
It’s tucked right underneath the shackle, if you have one. Sorry, no pic from me, but I’ve seen them.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I understand not without serious wiring as factory wiring is only there with lux package
High package as well.... At least on Badlands. âś‹

stanger1944

Base
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F150, 16 F150, 2010 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well then my base probably going to get the Auxbeam panel or something similar.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch CCD994EB-99A0-4BBF-83AA-34A50CFCEB52

It’s NOT there if you have modular bumper without sensors. Take off the cap in front of the tow hooks and it makes it easier to access.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what I understand not without serious wiring as factory wiring is only there with lux package
Doesn’t the base model have plastic bumper with fog lights?
Sponsored