Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This reminded me I wanted to check for this. I did some peaking and didn't see it so I went and looked at wiring info. It doesn't exist unfortunately. However it's not completely non-existent. The harness it would be included in is actually for the license plate light. The connector (attached below) is pre wired for the rear fog on the body (female) side. So if you do want to use this as a source for some rear lights you would just need to land a wire into pin 3 on the bumper (male) side of that connector, enable rear fog in FORScan and voila you have an easily toggled rear lighting solution.

I wish I would have dug into this sooner for those who were eager enough to actually buy the rear fogs. The idea definitely isn't dead but it is just a little bit of extra work than anticipated. Honestly though I feel like this is still a relatively easy way of adding light power since you don't have to do wiring all the way back to a power source under the hood/use the upfitter provisions. Hope this helps someone and I hope to see something come of this finally. With this discovery I myself am kind of intrigued to go through this process. I don't have any rush to add rear lights but it's crossed my mind for an option in the future.

Capture.PNG
Thank you for this!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just an update from a Black Diamond - that wire/harness is NOT in the front bumper. So, likely everyone with a 2022 will be better off…as of now it looks like the wiring is at the switch and potentially goes to C203. From there - we’ll have to see. Thanks to @flip for helping me sort this out. Bummed it’s not going to be as easy as I hoped to upgrade the headlight switch and save an AUX.
831EF242-AB89-4C46-A7BB-6CE1FFA6A2BF.png

CD0D21CB-098A-404D-B92D-CDDC64D00FFC.png

B8761181-ADBE-45C9-BD2B-9FC565007E9E.jpeg
Stinks, but that's workable. Anyone know a p/n for a terminated lead for this that I can then splice into a homemade fog harness?

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This reminded me I wanted to check for this. I did some peaking and didn't see it so I went and looked at wiring info. It doesn't exist unfortunately. However it's not completely non-existent. The harness it would be included in is actually for the license plate light. The connector (attached below) is pre wired for the rear fog on the body (female) side. So if you do want to use this as a source for some rear lights you would just need to land a wire into pin 3 on the bumper (male) side of that connector, enable rear fog in FORScan and voila you have an easily toggled rear lighting solution.

I wish I would have dug into this sooner for those who were eager enough to actually buy the rear fog switch, the idea definitely isn't dead but it is just a little bit of extra work than anticipated. Honestly though I feel like this is still a relatively easy way of adding light power since you don't have to do wiring all the way back to a power source under the hood/use the upfitter provisions. Hope this helps someone and I hope to see something come of this finally. With this discovery I myself am kind of intrigued to go through this process. I don't have any rush to add rear lights but it's crossed my mind for an option in the future.

Capture.PNG
Wow! , you’re awesome! My Bronco is currently scheduled for build “week of Jan 3. “ When it get’s here , I’ll make up the third conductor for the male side to add it for an “upgraded “ rear light feature. I’ll probably use it for a rear SS1 Clear lens fog with red LED back light . Is the running light pin ieither pin 2 or pin 5 by any chance. It will save me looking manually. Smile

My add on harness will need 2 conductors plus a ground . Thanks for making this very doable . While the switch assembly is still on back order, it will eventually fill. While I wait, I’m trying to work around it by utilizing @BeeBops accidentally getting an incorrect version.
I have ordered the wrong dual fog deliberately to see if I can utilize it. IE modify to utilize parts from both.
…..will advise as I do not have an ETA.
I’ll call the parts folks today to see IF it was in stock?
Thank you again!!!!!! 🎂 appreciate it!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alfie,
The fog light indicator is on your instrument panel and the images on the switch do NOT illuminate ,
Regards,
George
I assume you mean the switch doesn't change illumination to show its on? I'm going to also assume it's backlit like all the other interior buttons...?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stinks, but that's workable. Anyone know a p/n for a terminated lead for this that I can then splice into a homemade fog harness?
I’m in the same boat.

C203. I highlighted the two cavities the wires should be in.
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 59FB5DD3-3432-406C-8896-1C75761EDC18

Thanks to @flip

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume you mean the switch doesn't change illumination to show its on? I'm going to also assume it's backlit like all the other interior buttons...?
Correct, the switch face doesn’t illuminate when it’s on and the switch isn’t backlit

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@D2dhanover where are you getting all the wiring diagrams? Do you have a service subscription? Helm hasn't released the wiring manual yet, they state it will be available 12/31/21

Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't find any part numbers for this, the info actually says there's no pigtail kit available.

Yes it's Fords service system.
No issue... does the system show the tag light as an assembly? I could order it now to see what the connector is? this would enable me to share with everyone.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yellow/Orange and Brown are under the steering column, but C192 is NOT under the headlight…

Side note: there was a bunch of SAND under the steering column from visits to the beach over the summer. Presumably from tire kicking it up? 😬

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered the M2DZ-11654-DA switch for my Badlands High. The price has gone up a little, $72.77 was the cheapest I could find from Tasca, so $89 with tax and shipping.

I bought the Forscan adapter on Amazon for $39.

Last edited:

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just ordered the M2DZ-11654-DA switch for my Badlands High. The price has gone up a little, $72.77 was the cheapest I could find from Tasca, so $89 with tax and shipping.

I bought the Forscan adapter on Amazon for $39.
Please let us know if you are able to get it shipped as they may not be able to get the switch for a while .
Sponsored