Sponsored

Factory Sound System Sucks. Get Over It.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Simple solution. Not get over it. Do something about it.
Sponsored

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Compared to an early Bronco with AM radio and one speaker in the dash, this system does a similar job quite well.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No one is forcing you to engage with those threads. If you find that distressing to the point where you need to open a thread complaining about it then that’s probably a sign that you need to log off for a bit and spend that energy elsewhere.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The one piece I found is Sirrius/XM sounds like complete crap on the B&O. Even if want to like it, you can't, it sucks. Playing through car play Pandora, Spotify, Tidal - things get better! To each is own for sure on sound and enjoyment. That said, replacing everything except the head unit. Pretty pricey with all the components and optical switch that plugs into the factory head unit so that the amps, speakers, and everything else work well. Do I need it, of course not, but didn't need the bronco and all the other upgrades either.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@PSUTE Starting yet another thread about the sound system saying you are tired of hearing about it 🤔 are you expecting zero replies? 😆
  • yes it does suck
  • LiteBrite says it’s an on road vehicle with some off road capabilities. Like a more capable Outback 😆. It should have a radio that sounds better than what was in my ‘86 accord
Light bright comment= Jeep homers

Sponsored

Ulysses

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From the videos and stuff I've seen it seems pretty simple to upgrade speakers at least.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess some of you young snowflakes never owned a 1957 ford with a factory radio.... :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, I’m fine with it. My first car had an 8 track and the next two vehicles didn’t have a radio at all. My top and doors are usually off and I can still hear it just fine. It’s an off road vehicle. I have much better platforms to truly enjoy music.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the B&O. We just got back from a 500+ mile road trip, my wife and I listening to a combination of radio and carplay the whole way, and it sounds good. Good enough we were singing along and having a great time - isn't that the point? I've never needed to crank it to 11 and I sure don't care for ground-shaking bass. If you pass me rattling my windows and cracking my mirrors with your mega-sound, you will get the ol' stinkeye from me.

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I upgraded the speakers and tried to be fine with it but I am goingto install a sub or two to enhance my driving pleasure.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I honestly don't get why people have such an issue with this. I think it sounds great no issues from me

Gulley13

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 1996 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve never had a car or truck where I was like “this sound system is awesome! There’s no need to upgrade.” There’s a reason they don’t go to JBL for factory installation, it costs to much money. I spent 3 grand on my sound system for my 95 Bronco and it sounds amazing. If you want great sound you gotta spend money!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sound system is fine. No one needs to hear the crap you play from down the block anyway.
It's not the volume that's bad so much as the sound quality which is terrible. Ford really cheaper out on speakers. If you pulled a set out you could tell. They're made of freaking greeting card paper.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From the videos and stuff I've seen it seems pretty simple to upgrade speakers at least.
Changing the 4” might give you better highs but the built in EQ in the head unit muddies the sound terribly with overly boomy lows and midbass. Luckily, one of our fellow b6g folks tested with a JL dsp and found the forscan change to eliminate the horrible EQ
Sponsored

Last edited: