Sponsored

2.7 engine failure tracking thread - Ford Please!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the tally of failed 2.7's still at 5?
Another thread mentioned maybe one more recently.
I have seen at least 12+ including forum + Facebook groups.
Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
At least 10 have been reported here in B6G
I think some of those are coolant hose failures, but I could be wrong.
I really need to check/tighten mine, but they sure are hard to get to.

And the range of build dates of the failures keeps getting bigger. Maybe all 2.7's are at risk?

Last edited:

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No real updates on my engine exchange. Ford rep called yesterday and said all the parts to swap engine have been received by dealership and it will be ready next week. She hasn't revealed any detailed information other than "it needs a new engine". I'm hoping when I pick it up the dealership can/will give me more details.

WEEK 3 UPDATE:
Ford rep called yesterday and said not all the parts are in.....complete opposite of what she said last week. Bronco should be ready next week :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No real updates on my engine exchange. Ford rep called yesterday and said all the parts to swap engine have been received by dealership and it will be ready next week. She hasn't revealed any detailed information other than "it needs a new engine". I'm hoping when I pick it up the dealership can/will give me more details.

WEEK 3 UPDATE:
Ford rep called yesterday and said not all the parts are in.....complete opposite of what she said last week. Bronco should be ready next week :ROFLMAO:
Are they paying for a rental?

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From bronco nation today-

Didn't want this to be my first post but last week our 2.7 ecoboost looks to have dropped a valve with only 2,000 miles on the clock. Driving down the interstate the Bronco shuttered and a message on the display popped up saying to put it in park to restart. Got pulled off the interstate and tried to restart. After many attempts we had to call a tow truck because it wouldnt start back up. Dropped off at the dealership and the next day they started diagnosing the issue. They couldnt find anything using the scanner so the next day they dug a little deeper and found a very damaged spark plug. Looking thourgh the bore scope they found a damaged piston. As you can see from the photos its in bad shape. This was this past Friday and currently we are waiting on Ford to get back with them to give the go ahead to start tearing into it further.

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s me. I don’t have any details other than what the dealer sent me on Friday. The sent me photos of the spark plug and the scope pictures. Bronco has 2000 miles and a build date late October. We took delivery on the 5th. Was at the dealer on the 3rd.
From bronco nation today-

Didn't want this to be my first post but last week our 2.7 ecoboost looks to have dropped a valve with only 2,000 miles on the clock. Driving down the interstate the Bronco shuttered and a message on the display popped up saying to put it in park to restart. Got pulled off the interstate and tried to restart. After many attempts we had to call a tow truck because it wouldnt start back up. Dropped off at the dealership and the next day they started diagnosing the issue. They couldnt find anything using the scanner so the next day they dug a little deeper and found a very damaged spark plug. Looking thourgh the bore scope they found a damaged piston. As you can see from the photos its in bad shape. This was this past Friday and currently we are waiting on Ford to get back with them to give the go ahead to start tearing into it further.
6DD12811-7992-4E5D-A75B-1896127D50C4.jpeg

5F41ED3A-D7E2-48F8-A04D-206B84CF66B4.jpeg

DFD5B7E2-E04F-464B-AF7F-087DCD2A4384.jpeg

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do I go about getting the numbers that are needed for the form?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s me. I don’t have any details other than what the dealer sent me on Friday. The sent me photos of the spark plug and the scope pictures. Bronco has 2000 miles and a build date late October. We took delivery on the 5th. Was at the dealer on the 3rd.

Ford Bronco 2.7 engine failure tracking thread - Ford Please! DFD5B7E2-E04F-464B-AF7F-087DCD2A4384

Ford Bronco 2.7 engine failure tracking thread - Ford Please! DFD5B7E2-E04F-464B-AF7F-087DCD2A4384

Was your engine built in late October or the bronco

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i don’t know how to determine when the 2.7 was built. Know the bronco was built in late July
Sorry about your bronco hopefully they get you all fixed up soon I take delivery in a couple days and got a 2.7 basically all is 2.7 guys are scared shitless @fordmotorcompany needs to step up to the plate and let us customers know what the hell is going on with the 2.7 and how many engines this effects

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are they paying for a rental?
The Ford rep has been the only positive thing in this entire ordeal. She assured me that I would be reimbursed, via a Visa gift card, for any rental car expenses. She offered to comp me an extended warranty, but I purchased one when I bought Bronco. She offered to make my monthly payment, but fortunately, I don't have one. She then offered to give me some service credit.

When I actually get my bronco back.....will supposedly be done this week.....I will then see what I can negotiate with Ford in comps. In all honesty, if the dealership doesn't mess up my Bronco with dings, scratches, stains, or scuffs....and Ford reimburses me for the rental car, and throws in a couple oil changes, I will be happy.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Oh man....that sucks. I feel your pain.

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Late July? Were you on Dirt Mountain and just took delivery recently?
Don’t believe so. Ours is a 2 dr build and never received a finalized build date till October. Build date was originally in July then went to august then September and finally postponed to October because of hardtop fiasco.
Sponsored