Sponsored

2.7 engine failure tracking thread - Ford Please!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t believe so. Ours is a 2 dr build and never received a finalized build date till October. Build date was originally in July then went to august then September and finally postponed to October because of hardtop fiasco.
With regards to finding out the engine build date, here is a post with a screen capture showing you where to look. Maybe your dealer can take a photo and text you.
Sponsored

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With regards to finding out the engine build date, here is a post with a screen capture showing you where to look. Maybe your dealer can take a photo and text you.
thank you, I’ve emailed the service manager with that photo to see if he can get me that info tomorrow.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks like blown engines probably have build dates from mid June through October...at least.
Ford Bronco 2.7 engine failure tracking thread - Ford Please! madhu

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And yet there are so many people on here that will argue that this is not an issue.

So I wonder how many valves come in a "batch"?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And yet there are so many people on here that will argue that this is not an issue.

So I wonder how many valves come in a "batch"?
I love the argument the fanboyzz make that this forum is a small percentage/representation of bronco owners so it’s probably not an issue at all. That makes absolutely ZERO sense! If this forum is a small percentage and we have 12 REPORTED blown engines, that could actually mean a way bigger problem than we even know! And it’s not like there are thousands of 2.7 broncos out there to begin with.

But that’s why this thread is here- collect data and find out as best we can if there is or isn’t a widespread problem. Ford certainly won’t come forward.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the argument the fanboyzz make that this forum is a small percentage/representation of bronco owners so it’s probably not an issue at all. That makes absolutely ZERO sense! If this forum is a small percentage and we have 12 REPORTED blown engines, that could actually mean a way bigger problem than we even know! And it’s not like there are thousands of 2.7 broncos out there to begin with.

But that’s why this thread is here- collect data and find out as best we can if there is or isn’t a widespread problem. Ford certainly won’t come forward.
There is definitely something going on. My concern is that there are a lot more that are affected but haven't hit their breaking point yet due to being so new still... so this issue could rapidly become more prevalent.

HOPEFULLY it's just a small number of affected vehicles.

Still want my 2.7.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there is a dozen here, shouldn't there be at least a hundred 2.7 F150's?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If there is a dozen here, shouldn't there be at least a hundred 2.7 F150's?
Not necessarily.. If it was a bad batch of valves, or retainers, etc... It could have been the one batch shipped to the Bronco engines. Despite being "the same" there are different part numbers between the two engines (f150 vs Bronco). Haven't done much research myself, maybe someone else can chime in that knows more

Sponsored

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is definitely something going on. My concern is that there are a lot more that are affected but haven't hit their breaking point yet due to being so new still... so this issue could rapidly become more prevalent.

HOPEFULLY it's just a small number of affected vehicles.

Still want my 2.7.

from the sound of it they arent going to have to wait long. Ours only made 2,000 miles

segt1915

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this makes more than a dozen 2.7L blow-ups (i.e. engine dropped valves) reported here in B6G . . not including coolant hose failures, et cetera

Here's another post . . details
how to determine your engine 'build date' from the label info . . example photos below
Where are the "more than a dozen" blow-ups? The tracker in this thread lists 5. There are a couple more mentioned in this thread, and a couple more "saw it on facebook" references. That's still a 35% increase away from 12+.

segt1915

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. .

there are several more not listed in this thread . . . you'll have to search around . .

personally in B6G I've seen 13 of them . .
I'm an interested owner of a 2.7 Bronco that sounds like a diesel engine for two seconds on start-up. I've searched around. Every failure that is floating around in different threads is referenced here. If you're going to throw around the 13 number with authority maybe you should compile the list.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen more than what’s listed in this thread too. I’m not going to spend the time going back to find them all. You either believe it or you don’t.
Sponsored