Sponsored

2.7 engine failure tracking thread - Ford Please!

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you able to get engine ser#, or the VIN ?

I remember your posts about this last week -
Not yet. I will have to ask my dad for the numbers, he should have the VIN but I doubt he'll have the engine serial. I'll try to get it and get back to you
Sponsored

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like- you have not specified the type of engine i.e. 2.3L I4 or 2.7L V6. I guess you would need to provide that too.
These are all 2.7's and only 2.7's. I would think it would be obvious from the part number.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are all 2.7's and only 2.7's. I would think it would be obvious from the part number.
LOL in my head this is the reaction I see you having to that post šŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco 2.7 engine failure tracking thread - Ford Please! 734b6f6e-d876-4769-b5e3-fd6333578005_text

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On a "not so positive" note, my Ford Customer Service Rep left me a voicemail today. She stated that three of the parts to replace my 2.7 are on back order. Two of the parts are scheduled for delivery Thursday, but one of the parts does not have an ETA! She didn't say which parts they are waiting on (probably the engine itself :ROFLMAO:). Up to this point, I have actually been pretty calm and easy going, but my patience are starting to wear thin.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a "not so positive" note, my Ford Customer Service Rep left me a voicemail today. She stated that three of the parts to replace my 2.7 are on back order. Two of the parts are scheduled for delivery Thursday, but one of the parts does not have an ETA! She didn't say which parts they are waiting on (probably the engine itself :ROFLMAO:). Up to this point, I have actually been pretty calm and easy going, but my patience are starting to wear thin.
It is what it is. I canā€™t get a lot stuff that was readily available 3 years ago.
Itā€™s a world problem. Not just yours.

Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is what it is. I canā€™t get a lot stuff that was readily available 3 years ago.
Itā€™s a world problem. Not just yours.
Fully aware of the worldwide problem and lack of availability of products. Wasn't crying sour grapes and never indicated that it was "just my problem". But thanks for your constructive comment.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been following this thread and the forum to see if any of these failures have come with warning signs. My 2.7 clatters like a diesel engine for a couple of seconds at start-up and has for almost two weeks. It has coincided with colder weather here in Georgia, but my Bronco is garage parked. It's driving fine but thanks to these posts I can't help but wonder if my engine (Julian 21175, 2200 miles) is trying to tell me something before it takes a big dump while I'm out on the road with my wife and kids.
That just sounds like the VVT settling in.

Orangecrush

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, F-150, Fusion, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been following this thread and the forum to see if any of these failures have come with warning signs. My 2.7 clatters like a diesel engine for a couple of seconds at start-up and has for almost two weeks. It has coincided with colder weather here in Georgia, but my Bronco is garage parked. It's driving fine but thanks to these posts I can't help but wonder if my engine (Julian 21175, 2200 miles) is trying to tell me something before it takes a big dump while I'm out on the road with my wife and kids.
^^^This!

Mine does the same, but it lasts more than a couple of seconds. Checked oil level at 450, overfilled, and changed at 500, yeah, I'm old school, with no improvement.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch this video, it will explain why it is making that noise;

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ks-and-what-you-can-do-to-make-it-last.29458/

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the tally of failed 2.7's still at 5?
Another thread mentioned maybe one more recently.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just posted a thread of a 2.7 that blew up and posted on a Facebook group. Wonder if heā€™d give you his info to add to the data?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the tally of failed 2.7's still at 5?
Another thread mentioned maybe one more recently.
@mpeugeot are you updating the original post (well more like the 3rd one). I swear I thought there's been more than five.... Alot more just on this board alone.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI - Here are some numbers for what the forum users(3900)have ordered - Bronco6g order stats

I have forgotten everything from college, but it seems like in general 400 was the magic number for sample size so I think these are good numbers for what people on this forum want. I did not break down on the percentages of what has been received, but in general it looks like Bronco6g members prefer the 2.7L at a 72.3% rate. So that does mean that much more 2.7L issues should be reported(even though we know the orders might not be getting filled 100% equally between 2.3L and 2.7L(constrained).

The numbers seem small currently, but how do we know that the issues are indeed confined to certain build dates?, and that if there is a dropped valve issue, it should occur in the first 3500 miles, etc? In my opinion, the numbers on this forum seem a little too low(at this time I was thinking it was 5) to be concerned yet, but like everyone has discussed, the majority of Bronco owners are not posting on this forum.

The best numbers I heard of was from a member that said he spoke to a Ford dealer/tech, or something like that, and said he saw about 30 dropped valve issues with the 2.7L mentioned on a Ford dealer/tech message board. I thought that is what I had read, but please correct as I am sure I have forgotten some of those details. if you guys do have any better numbers, or reasons to believe that a dropped valve would occur in the first 5000 miles, etc. please post.

This thread helps a lot as my main concern in engine choice is which one is more dependable over 10+ years/200k miles, fuel economy(not much difference on the BL), and not on the acceleration/torque.

Dan
Sponsored

Last edited: