Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all -

I tried searching but didn't see much in terms of feedback on this. Looking to do the following:

200.4 amp and 500.1 amp using the PnP harness
Stinger 12" Sub in enclosure

This would be in addition to the current Polk Db+402 speakers i have and Memphis MJP6 in the kick panels.

That said, for the sub/amp combo, how are you enjoying? Would you change anything if you had the chance to do over again?

Also, for this install with the amps and sub, how many shop hours realistically should it take?

Thank you for any help.

-David
Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interested in the same thing
Would like to hear one in person

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will take feedback even if you don't have the Key Amp. :)

Also, anyone have this installed with 35" or 37" tire on the back as well without reinforcement? Any issues?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you like the Memphis kick panel speakers? Better bass than stock? I’m thinking of installing them as well. Thank you.

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have not installed yet, just the Polks. But i have spoken to a few here that love them and they seem to be a great usage of the kick panel for mid bass, which currently is very lacking with the stock woofer.

Sponsored

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't that going to be underpowered? The Stinger sub takes in 400W at 2 ohm, while the Kicker 500.1 only goes up to 300W at 2ohm

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn't that going to be underpowered? The Stinger sub takes in 400W at 2 ohm, while the Kicker 500.1 only goes up to 300W at 2ohm
Seems many are using the setup, hence my question on it.

Ultimately can always change the woofer if needed - the box location, design and construction is the star of the package.

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems many are using the setup, hence my question on it.

Ultimately can always change the woofer if needed - the box location, design and construction is the star of the package.
I was originally going to go this route, called the plugnplay guy and he said it would be underpowered with the 500.1. Ended up getting a 5 channel amp which I'll install this weekend with the stinger box, we'll see how easy it is

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was originally going to go this route, called the plugnplay guy and he said it would be underpowered with the 500.1. Ended up getting a 5 channel amp which I'll install this weekend with the stinger box, we'll see how easy it is
I could see how one would come to that conclusion on paper but given so many have run this with that setup I'm very curious who feels that way as I have not seen any feedback stating that.

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could see how one would come to that conclusion on paper but given so many have run this with that setup I'm very curious who feels that way as I have not seen any feedback stating that.
You've seen people here running that setup? I searched and didn't find anyone with the Stinger box and Kicker 500.1

Sponsored
OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You've seen people here running that setup? I searched and didn't find anyone with the Stinger box and Kicker 500.1
Yes. I've seen multiple posts of people stating they have that setup. Again, the reason for the post.

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. I've seen multiple posts of people stating they have that setup. Again, the reason for the post.
Got a link to even one post of someone running a Kicker Key 500.1 and the Stinger box? I have searched the forums and there are zero posts of someone with that amp and sub.

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got a link to even one post of someone running a Kicker Key 500.1 and the Stinger box? I have searched the forums and there are zero posts of someone with that amp and sub.
Lol. Yes I can link a post. Out tonight but happy to send tomorrow.

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Here's one from a quick search. I did contact him directly and he stated it works great. I have definitely seen at least one other in the past state they purchased or were using this setup, but there are so many posts now with Key users along with even people using the box for a different speaker. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-on-back-tail-gate.52879/page-2#post-1569331 User WillinMA

Overall, i pulled the trigger as stinger has a sale right now for 15% off so made it a no brainer. Can also place a different shallow mount in there if needed for the future. What is strange is there is no sub on Phoenix Gold site that has the same spec as the box.

STEED77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also interested in this set up.... I have been looking at the PnP 200.4 and 500.1 or the LC-5.1300

That Stinger tailgate sub is definitely ordered now.....
Sponsored

Last edited: