Sponsored

Finalizing your 2021 Bronco order & DIO ...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last time i ordered a truck from ford i built it online got the lowest price printed it out went to dealer.I sat there ready for a fight im paying x and not a penny more he wrote a number on some paper and slid it to me wtf it was way lower than my estimate ? i had no defense against such trickery,i was shaking as i wrote the check for 500.00 .
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to agree. I sat down with the sales guy, and ordered my Ranger. I took a test drive, and when I returned he ask me to check the order. Damn if he didn't get the color wrong. So face to face is good, but it's always good to recheck.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well that's just terrible Mark. I'm surprised you didn't get up, and walk out. :ROFLMAO:

I can only wish that would happen to me. :)
It was still very stressful ,i was exhausted but 6 months later a beautiful baby f250 arrived by the stork

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last time i ordered a truck from ford i built it online got the lowest price printed it out went to dealer.I sat there ready for a fight im paying x and not a penny more he wrote a number on some paper and slid it to me wtf it was way lower than my estimate ? i had no defense against such trickery,i was shaking as i wrote the check for 500.00 .
@Hoofnmouth Well that's just terrible Mark. The nerve of some people. I'm surprised you didn't get up, and walk out. :ROFLMAO:

I can only wish that would happen to me. :)

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. I feel like build and price is going to be another ball game as I assume all the DIOs will show up as well as other options not present now. The hard part will be not to get carried away. The last time I custom ordered a vehicle it was a sports car so I focused on the performance options and stayed away from the almost infinite and pricey trim options. Still have the car 3+ years later and am still happy with the way I ordered. Will try to do the same with the Bronco.
Yup, that's the way I see it too. Get what you know you want or that isn't easily added later but hold off on things that could be.
Ford says you’ll be able to save your config and send it to the dealer.

From their recent email: “Be sure to save your configuration from For‌d‌.‌com to share with your dealer.”

As long as I can do that, no need to sit with the dealer.
Yes and both sides have a written receipt to protect them if something isn't correct or claimed to be.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

From their recent email: “Be sure to save your configuration from For‌d‌.‌com to share with your dealer.”

I agree. I sat with a dealer on a purchase once and it still had something I did not order. For me the bottom line is getting it exactly right on my end (measure 3 times, cut once) confirming recipt of the order on the dealer's end with a paper trail that I retain that shows explicitly what was and was not ordered. And even if you want the security of sitting face to face with the dealer, do not leave that dealership without a hard copy of your final order.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And correct me if I'm wrong Albert @Granger Ford. I guessing you'll send an email making sure the order is correct before you push the button.
More that likely we will talk on the phone and then send the build to you for approval...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

More that likely we will talk on the phone and then send the build to you for approval...
Thanks Albert. I figured you guys had already talked about that.(y)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have to agree. I sat down with the sales guy, and ordered my Ranger. I took a test drive, and when I returned he ask me to check the order. Damn if he didn't get the color wrong. So face to face is good, but it's always good to recheck.
I'll be going to my dealer. That will also give me a chance to look at other vehicles.

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

This is what I'm thinking, especially since I'm in Central PA, and my dealer is in Central Iowa!

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always ordered (phone, fax, or email) and received a printout of my order, line by line, with standard package levels and the available options added for the trim level and any discounts. Ended up looking much like the window sticker on the delivered vehicle. Never had an issue but never ASSUME. I will be dealing with a new sales person since the former one retired.
I’m not worried. More concerned what frickin Bronco to get

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you going to call me while I'm sitting on your lap when we enter my order?....:ROFLMAO:

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be ideal: Saving the configuration, sending to dealership, verifying by phone, and email confirmation from dealership with all the details. Which I will print out, blow up, and hang on my wall so I don't spend six months second-guessing my order (What trim, wheels, tires, engine, transmission, color, did I say I wanted again? How many doors? Did I go ahead with the switches or not? What else did I order? And how much did I agree to pay for all that ?).

I will obsess over this.
Besides my main wants/needs, things that I am interested in along with features that others have noted or are talked about in the forums that too have caught my interest are on a spreadsheet/list to look into when pricing becomes available. Some of the features may not be available on my choice of Badlands but it at least gives me the opportunity do further research for aftermarket add-ons and have pricing for comparisons. Not having the Bronco available for months can help to make sure my purchase is as complete to my initial expectations out the door if the price is right. Hopefully, the forum members will continue to update us with their configurations as they become available so we can finesse ours if needed (oh I didn't see that or know that was possible) before our builds are in the system.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those not purchasing through @Granger Ford or @StephensAutoCenter

- Now that B&P time is closing in, I've been thinking about the order process. I suggest in person ONLY next to the salesman confirming all the essentials. Color, Trim, DIO of course and the small particular items that we personally want on our Broncos to be ordered correctly. Considering the long wait for B&P, delivery, lack of Bronco knowledge shown by most dealers and the 40k-50k price tag. We ourselves need to be active and involved with the order process start to finish. A simple email will not suffice. Everyone has experienced mistakes by way of a missed key stroke when typing. We all will be very upset should it happen to any of us. So let's not assume anything, be involved with the order so there is nothing but satisfaction after the long wait! B&P 10/23 ?
There is no way on planet earth I would sit down next to a car salesman and go over things on B&P. We can do everything virtually in 2020. Have fun sitting at the dealership, though!
Sponsored