mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862.jpeg

0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD.jpeg

D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E.jpeg

D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4.jpeg

9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9.jpeg
Thanks for the review im a tad larger than you and im concerned as well. Monday is my day to see,sit,kick tires at my dealer im getting a 2.3 manual and i hope i can operate it with boots on .
Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862.jpeg

0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD.jpeg

D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E.jpeg

D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4.jpeg

9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9.jpeg
Nothing wrong with an honest opinion. I am sure you are not alone in your experience. I figured it was going to be tight quarters when i heard the "Ultimate RZR" reference in the Vaughn Gittin video. I am going to have to go to an upcoming event to actually sit in one now.
I’m also 6’3” and 240ish.

My expectations!

I think it will be great!

Why?

Because I am comparing the 4dr Bronco to my 3 car garage with one car in it, my wife’s Audi Q5! Two empty bays, one to be filled with a Badlands!!

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm actually relieved to hear that it seemed small to you compared to what you were expecting and in comparison to the F150. One thing I was a little leery about was it being too big. Maybe it's because I'm 5' 10" and my wife is 5' 3" but generally, I'm not a fan of big vehicles.

Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Yeah after driving an F150 for almost two hours to get their it probably hindered my thinking lol. I mean when I walked up on it I could literally see that it was smaller than I anticipated.
You’ll love it I promise.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was there at the same time- crooked beard mask. Anyway, I felt cozy in the driver's seat but not cramped. I was worried about that. It's funny how we all see things differently lol
*Edit* Nm, I don't think we were there at the same time. You look similar to someone that was there.

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the review im a tad larger than you and im concerned as well. Monday is my day to see,sit,kick tires at my dealer im getting a 2.3 manual and i hope i can operate it with boots on .
you shouldn’t have a problem. I played around with the clutch and it had good front leg room.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was there at the same time- crooked beard mask. Anyway, I felt cozy in the driver's seat but not cramped. I was worried about that. It's funny how we all see things differently lol
I didn’t think the front seats were cramped just the dash was small and I was towering over it. But like I said it does have ergonomic benefits. We all do see things in different views for sure! I was having trouble keeping my kids from goofing off. I saw you! Lol

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
*Edit* Nm, I don't think we were there at the same time. You look similar to someone that was there.
I think I saw you... What time were you there?

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And I went to the food truck right there by it. I hope you didn’t, wasn’t very good like the slogan on the side said. Lol
Haha, never did luckily