Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely confirms the need for a black or body colored top for me. I can't imagine that dull gray plastic up against my shiny Carbonized paint.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the production versions of the MIC grey tops we have seen recently. Looks like a nice finish and I like that the color is light enough it doesn't look like it's supposed to be black. Also, living in south Texas, the lighter the roof color the better. But I don't know how good cyber orange will look with a painted white roof, and I think a painted orange roof is too much, so I've been leaning heavily towards the grey hardtop. Looks good.
That's the whole problem as I see it. It looks like it's been parked in the sun in S Texas or Phoenix for 5 years.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some notes from studying these pics closer:

• Ford has done a nice job with the modular rear fenders. The way they are installed and have the plastic cages, they will take a lot of damage before that bleeds into other areas of the vehicle which would need to be replaced/repaired/repainted.
  • Any damage the plastic fenders cause if/when they are ripped off the vehicle will be contained to that panel.
  • The rear BLIS sensor costs have been coming down lately, which is good considering they put them in the extreme corners, where they will take a beating if anything gets close there.
  • Taillights are going to be expensive replacements when off-roading a lot.
  • The oil filter on the Bronco 2.3 is the same location as the Ranger.
  • It's directly behind the steering rod so any impact to the filter is going to be one hell of a lucky shot. This should not be a problem.
  • The front bar which comes out ahead of the front wheels is much more stout than Ranger. Looks like it will take full vehicle weight. They also moved it forward away from the tire, so you won't have clearance issues there like with the folks wanting to lift and plus size their manhood. er, sorry, "tires".
  • Not much room for a full sized transmission cooler. Guessing you'll have to run a 1/4 size cooler and be happy with it.
  • Brake booster is HUGE. Wonder what size rod is on the reservoir. Looks to be a heavily boosted system, which is nice when you're crawling all day.
  • Mounting brackets for the front bash plate are very stout. Vast improvement over Ranger (Which wasn't designed to sit on the bash plate). Betting that if the bash plate is stout material, that it will take many years of mild to moderate abuse before needing replacement.
  • Harmonic isolation pads have been moved forward compared to Ranger and it's older chassis.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
Thats how we will get out while tops, order the gray and wait for the fade to white!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re also paying for the modularity (making multiple parts is more expensive and more inventory and assembly). It’s also coming with the pop out windows on the 2-door. Whether that’s worth $2k, I don’t know. But it’s definitely not just a paint job.
The pop out windows are only on the 4 door currently.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The $1,900 upgrade to the black top is not just color change, right? It also has a functionality difference compared to the MIC grey? Just curious why people don’t think the upgrade is worth it.
I'm pretty sure this was covered somewhere. The painted top is said to be better quality material and on the 4 door, the rear side windows pop out.

Sponsored

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gray top would be better if the fender flares and bumpers were gray as well. Mismatching trim colors looks odd.

Bumper: Black
Fender Flares: Black
Roof: Gray
But, the grill is gray and the wheels (Badlands optional) have black and gray to tie it together.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think a lot of people will move to the OBX. Yes as it is its a mall crawler but it can be added to. Good way to save a little money with customization. It’s a good platform to get in under 50k (maybe under45k) from the factory with an option rear locker and then add bash plates when you can afford them along with removing the tube steps and putting on rock rails, also change the bumpers. If you were on the fence about the $1900 top you can just stick with the grey one because it will look great. You can take the OBX basically all the way to Wildtrak and anywhere in between.
Outer Banks 4 door comes with a soft top. I'm hoping there will be a trade off for the painted top for less than $ 1900.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Outer Banks 4 door comes with a soft top. I'm hoping there will be a trade off for the painted top for less than $ 1900.
Ya, I thought it was $700 to add the MIC top, am I making that up?
Sponsored