First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We pay a premium for our fantastic Ford products, but upgrades carry an even larger premium price. Sometimes I see justification, other times I feel used lol...

Regardless I think somebody will be able to upfit the gray top to look good on their rig.
Sponsored

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
grey top looks terrible...but I'm going for the cheaper top on the two door and will be painting it satin black on the sides and rear, then body color on the top. NO damned way I'm paying $1600 or $1900 for for them to paint the top or molded in color...that cost Ford minimal in money it's all markup and profit for very little in materials...worst case I'll have $250 in primer and paint. Plus the color I want.

Last edited:

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always laugh when someone from San Antonio says they are in South Texas. I grew up near Corpus and we called that South Texas, but then the people from the valley would correct us. :)
Yeah, but if I say I'm from central Texas, all the people from Austin get offended. San Antonians just can't win.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doesn't the $1900 up charge for black painted top also include black painted side mirrors and grille, thus matching the already black fender flares?

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is exactly how I feel. In the beginning of this production you can see all the plastic looked wonderful. It looked black it looked clean and shiny like it had some fresh tire wet on it. Review the photos and in many of them the plastic that is black looks great but then assembled and in the final picture the top looks like shit. Like you said it looks faded it looks old it doesn’t look like it’s going to hold up from the sun or keep me happy looking at it like. Will it chalk up like the other ford plastic or maybe worse, the Chevy avalanche plastic. I don’t even think a fresh out of dealership ceramic coating on that plastic would help it look nicer. C’mon ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A56670C7-4772-45DD-AF01-8BD73F9C68B0.jpeg
You have to remember it's in a plant with bright LED or florescent lighting that washes out color.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this sasquatched?
I don't think so.

Sasquatch has wider tires (315s) and wider fender flares to accommodate... To fill the gap between the flares and the bumper they add a larger filler piece.

If you're trying to figure out if it has wider fenders, look for this:

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver Wider Fender Filler

Last edited:

Little tornado

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door Base and a 4 door Badlands.

Via BN: Two 2021 early pre-production Ford Broncos rolled off the MAP assembly line early Wednesday morning after completing the first tool-testing run.

Both vehicles feature the 2.3L variant engine. The four-door model rocks the Badlands trim, a 10-speed automatic transmission, mold in color hardtop, and is painted in Oxford White. The two-door, on the other hand, is a base trim level example with a 7-speed manual transmission, hard top, and Iconic Silver paint job.

In these photos you can see the finalized vehicle coming off the line as well as the Badlands body being attached to the chassis and powertrain.
These early pre-production vehicles will be used by the Ford engineers to conduct further durability and reliability testing and brings enthusiasts one step closer to having one of these vehicles in their driveway.

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver Wider Fender Filler

So if we get the black top is it painted like the ones they are taking around and showing off ?

B011773B-60CF-4D25-86ED-537A4D97CBF2.jpeg

Little tornado

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Just when I thought I could live with the gray top I see pictures like this and I cringe. I want to like it because it's hard for me to justify the $1,900 it will cost to get Black. I just hope it won't cost as much on the two door because they come with a hard top anyways.
So does it cost so much because they’re painted black ? I’m trying to figure out if that’s a option or not cause the black painted ones look great!

D6EA8587-FD6D-46A3-B756-00FE31920063.jpeg

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any more pics of the 2door base? This is the model I pre-ordered & desperately want to see some photos of it.....

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Note to Ford from Internet whinners :

Please make all Pre-Production vehicles that will be tested and crushed out of final production ready colors and matching components .

Ford :
We shouldn't have shown these fools a bronco at all until 2021 .

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does it cost so much because they’re painted black ? I’m trying to figure out if that’s a option or not cause the black painted ones look great!

D6EA8587-FD6D-46A3-B756-00FE31920063.jpeg
Part of the increase in cost is probably the paint, the other part is for the "escape hatch" in the center of the rear portion of the top on the two door. There is no confirmation on it being $1,900 for both the two door and the four door, this is just what we are guessing from the survey.

Also, the increase in cost on the four door is in part to the removable side windows. It is possible that the $1,900 is the price of going from the soft top on the four door straight to the Modular top and the two door top would be cheaper because you are going from MIC to modular.

We just don't know yet.

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup. Just when I thought I could live with the gray top I see pictures like this and I cringe. I want to like it because it's hard for me to justify the $1,900 it will cost to get Black. I just hope it won't cost as much on the two door because they come with a hard top anyways.
? The grey is terrible. I don't understand why they picked this. ? Like you, I'm hoping the black roof isn't $1900 on the 2 dr. But if anything, these pics make me happier about switching to the 2 dr model. ?
Sponsored