Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm fully confident there is going to be far more than meets the eye.
You already know what I'd say, I'm repeating myself like a parrot xD

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Wrangler went to the same IFS that appears in the Bronco's "spy" shots, literally nobody in that 10% would buy one tomorrow (but any remaining SFA models would instantly blossom in value). In a very brief period of time, the IFS Wrangler would become ridiculed and known as the sissy Wrangler or any/all of a bevy of derogatories, and it's association with mall dwellers and soccer moms would become it's icon rather than the Moab/Rubicon/insert your tough trail criteria here. A reputation takes years to build, but only seconds to lose.

Wrangler sells to that 65% on reputation alone. The 25% might be satisfied with something less capable, but the 10% and the 65% add up to a whole lot of missed opportunity if the product doesn't create the hardcore "halo" for the posers to buy into. Ford would be ill-advised to disregard the necessity of Wrangler-challenging performance in the most difficult of terrain - unless they intend to create a new market segment - which isn't impossible, but would be a heavy lift considering the competition. I have faith that Ford knows this, and will make the Bronco just capable enough to draw a respectable percentage of sales from Jeep while carving out some new territory as well.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
why the F would Ford NOT offer a SFA option ? :fingerscrossed:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly. Lets be honest here, people are acting as if IFS means that Ford doesn't care at all about the enthusiasts. The return of the Bronco alone is evidence to the contrary. If they didn't care, it wouldn't be returning... or it would be as an all electric crossover with "off roading spirit"

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are some excessively long bolts in two if those photos as well. (one within your red circle of the 1st photo & two on the lower shock mount).

As others have mentioned, this is still a prototype.
So who knows, this might just be the next gen Ranger's suspension and not the BroncoBronco's..........
I just can't imagine that the suspension isn't like 99% finalized this close to the reveal. Sure, there could be a beefier or different version that we haven't seen yet but I think what we are seeing is very close to what we will get on some version of the bronco

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
why the F would Ford NOT offer a SFA option ? :fingerscrossed:
Lots of reasons - cost, assembly line complexity, supply/warehousing of parts, perception of necessity to achieve targeted market share... it just depends on who is making the decisions. If it's the bean counters, there won't be a variant unless the enthusiasts can convince them that the reputation for capability is what will sell units. Corporate accountants have a historically demonstrable lack of ability to assess passion, so it's a tough sell.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I'm going to show my newbiness with all this, but how hard could it be for an aftermarket solution to satisfy the 10%?

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly. Lets be honest here, people are acting as if IFS means that Ford doesn't care at all about the enthusiasts. The return of the Bronco alone is evidence to the contrary. If they didn't care, it wouldn't be returning... or it would be as an all electric crossover with "off roading spirit"
Ford cares about selling units. They don't care if you're an enthusiast or a commuter. Once it's out the door, they're counting their shekels, not pondering what you do with it unless it involves a lawsuit or could be used as an advertisement.

BadKarma!

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Shelby GT350R, Chevy Tahoe PPV, 21' Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what is that red button? The baby had one too
Yes, it's a kill switch. Every pre-production Ford I have ever seen up close or in pics like this one have one mounted for easy access. Don't know if it's a Ford testing protocol or if it's required by law since these vehicles are considered "experimental".

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford cares about selling units. They don't care if you're an enthusiast or a commuter. Once it's out the door, they're counting their shekels, not pondering what you do with it unless it involves a lawsuit or could be used as an advertisement.
If anything, always the Bronco R or Bronco Raptor

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it's a kill switch. Every pre-production Ford I have ever seen up close or in pics like this one have one mounted for easy access. Don't know if it's a Ford testing protocol or if it's required by law since these vehicles are considered "experimental".
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579712607054

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has a tough job to do. On one hand they need the Bronco to perform on pace with Jeep. On the other hand they want the Bronco to have its own lane of a more civilized Jeep. All with keeping it in the same price range.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Jeep sells because of reputation and what it CAN do. Same as a sports car. All but track racers are the ones that can actually push the car to its limits. It’s kind of ridiculous when you think about it. You can’t use these high end sports cars for what they are made for on the street.

People buy them for what they can do. For the one time maybe now and then they can push it or need to push it.

Bottom line is the Bronco needs to be able to perform the way enthusiast want them to. Even the “posers” and mall crawlers won’t buy them if they can’t. These Jeeps out there and sports cars driving on the road are out there because of the things they can do. Not because of what they do daily driving. They are not vehicles catered to daily drivers. Yes they make up the sales group but even they aren’t buying it for their daily needs. They are buying it for what it is capable of.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has a tough job to do. On one hand they need the Bronco to perform on pace with Jeep. On the other hand they want the Bronco to have its own lane of a more civilized Jeep. All with keeping it in the same price range.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Jeep sells because of reputation and what it CAN do. Same as a sports car. All but track racers are the ones that can actually push the car to its limits. It’s kind of ridiculous when you think about it. You can’t use these high end sports cars for what they are made for on the street.

People buy them for what they can do. For the one time maybe now and then they can push it or need to push it.

Bottom line is the Bronco needs to be able to perform the way enthusiast want them to. Even the “posers” and mall crawlers won’t buy them if they can’t. These Jeeps out there and sports cars driving on the road are out there because of the things they can do. Not because of what they do daily driving. They are not vehicles catered to daily drivers. Yes they make up the sales group but even they aren’t buying it for their daily needs. They are buying it for what it is capable of.
But don't discount what it's capable of as well.

One thing is definitely clear; easy power. Unless the 2.7 isn't an option, can make good power with Catted downpipes and a tune, then come the supporting mods (FMIC, Spark Plugs, DV/BOV, CAI, Catback, etc.)

Try to make as much power with the 2.7 as you could with the 3.6 as it currently is

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mmmmmm, correct to a point. Jeep sells on the vague image of off road usability... I say this as in the 65% that buy it as a car that they COULD go anywhere in could also get plenty of use out of a Ranger or something like that, as they see them on the same level of ruggedness. You know what the difference is?

REMOVABLE ROOF

That's what sells the most Jeeps. I don't really associate with Jeep enthusiasts all that much, so my scope of Jeep owners is limited to the 65%. They all buy the Jeep because its a car with a fun energy, fueled by the removable top paired with the go-anywhere attitude

My point is, it doesn't need to be an all-out offroad brawler to sell to the masses, it just needs to have a fun image
Sponsored