Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks to the new photos we can finally see what all the symbols are. Looks like a rocky slope, fish, tent, camp sight are all in the books. Is that supposed to be a heart beat? A mountain range? I think these are all hints to little packages that you may be able to get with the bronco. The original came with a jack and shovel. Maybe they will have fishing edition, hunting edition, birding (binoculars) edition, etc. that would be pretty cool if for allocated gear for outdoorsmanship like they did in the original. Even if we only get a jack and shovel!

43277840-B994-42A1-8402-6D24851CEBF2.jpeg
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to the new photos we can finally see what all the symbols are. Looks like a rocky slope, fish, tent, camp sight are all in the books. Is that supposed to be a heart beat? A mountain range? I think these are all hints to little packages that you may be able to get with the bronco. The original came with a jack and shovel. Maybe they will have fishing edition, hunting edition, birding (binoculars) edition, etc. that would be pretty cool if for allocated gear for outdoorsmanship like they did in the original. Even if we only get a jack and shovel!

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 43277840-B994-42A1-8402-6D24851CEBF2
Some of those are trail markers, most of those are on campgroundsigns.com. I think they are gearing the bronco towards adventuring/overlanding crowd, Which is fine with me. I'm not a hardcore rock crawler. I would much rather have a purpose built vehicle for crawling. same with mud-bogging and sand dunes. I think the bronco will be good at all those things, but not great or "ideal" its going to be a jack of all trades, master of none. I like the idea of something that can get me where I want to go, even if it takes me a little longer than the Jeep I followed in. But I have a comfortable ride home.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of those are trail markers, most of those are on campgroundsigns.com. I think they are gearing the bronco towards adventuring/overlanding crowd, Which is fine with me. I'm not a hardcore rock crawler. I would much rather have a purpose built vehicle for crawling. same with mud-bogging and sand dunes. I think the bronco will be good at all those things, but not great or "ideal" its going to be a jack of all trades, master of none. I like the idea of something that can get me where I want to go, even if it takes me a little longer than the Jeep I followed in. But I have a comfortable ride home.
Add to the fact that it'll have a more powerful and tuneable V6 and we got a winner

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
justboltons.com
Vehicle(s)
Current: '05 Mustang 4.6 Swap / '18 300S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was bored and wondering about the Bronco, so I took a stab at guessing what's under the tarp on the recent leak. Keep in mind that I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I used a free online photoshop imitation. I can't wait to see what the people with actual skills come up with.

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 43277840-B994-42A1-8402-6D24851CEBF2

Going off the draped clay teaser and the Road and Track rendering, I think the back will have a slight slope to it, but who knows. I also had no idea what to do with the front end, as it was very well hidden.
New here, been watching the forum for a while. This looks impressive! Glad to be a part of the community. I'm already 3rd in line for one at the dealership I ordered my previous SVT Raptor from.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New here, been watching the forum for a while. This looks impressive! Glad to be a part of the community. I'm already 3rd in line for one at the dealership I ordered my previous SVT Raptor from.
it really does look awesome. Can't wait to see it without all the camo.

Sponsored
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
justboltons.com
Vehicle(s)
Current: '05 Mustang 4.6 Swap / '18 300S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it really does look awesome. Can't wait to see it without all the camo.
I agree, the anticipation has been killing me. Now the engine options, a completely different story. I'm still hoping Ford has some love for the V8 enthusiasts and throws a 5.0L as an option.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, the anticipation has been killing me. Now the engine options, a completely different story. I'm still hoping Ford has some love for the V8 enthusiasts and throws a 5.0L as an option.
I am two years out from buying a 4dr to replace our 4runner, and at least 3 yrs out from buying a 2dr, so they have time as far as I am concerned to come out with the V8 option that I would prefer. Otherwise I may go for a base model and do the swap, which'll likely cost around 20k to do between a new motor and the swap kit.

on edit, of course a brand new no mileage 2.3 ecoboost should have a decent resale value to recover some of the costs.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am two years out from buying a 4dr to replace our 4runner, and at least 3 yrs out from buying a 2dr, so they have time as far as I am concerned to come out with the V8 option that I would prefer. Otherwise I may go for a base model and do the swap, which'll likely cost around 20k to do between a new motor and the swap kit.
on edit, of course a brand new no mileage 2.3 ecoboost should have a decent resale value to recover some of the costs.
I think you're onto something, Jimmy. Might be a horse apiece cost wise vs an I-don't-think-so hope for a factory option V8 Bronc.
Ford Performance has a crate 5.0L Coyote engine rated at 460 hp. (tunable higher) coupled to a Mustang GT-spec Ford 10R80 10-speed automatic- $17,900USD retail. Figure a 2dr, 2wd Base/XL Bronco at est. 26,995: total $44,990. Retail. eBay the 2.3L & trans to cover cost of the rest of the driveline and fabrication, then add wheels/tires other cosmetics and probably stay under $50K.
Hmmm...

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 72f594d30770903ca96bc28780a56fc6

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you're onto something, Jimmy. Might be a horse apiece cost wise vs an I-don't-think-so hope for a factory option V8 Bronc.
Ford Performance has a crate 5.0L Coyote engine rated at 460 hp. (tunable higher) coupled to a Mustang GT-spec Ford 10R80 10-speed automatic- $17,900USD retail. Figure a 2dr, 2wd Base/XL Bronco at est. 26,995: total $44,990. Retail. eBay the 2.3L & trans to cover cost of the rest of the driveline and fabrication, then add wheels/tires other cosmetics and probably stay under $50K.
Hmmm...

72f594d30770903ca96bc28780a56fc6.jpg
Honestly, you can pick up a wrecked f150 or mustang relatively cheap. I'd go for the f150 just because of the transfer case. I know ford sells the wiring harness if you can't make the factory one work. Also the f150 has longer intake runners for a better torque curve if I remember right.

**be awesome to find the gt500 5.2l in a scrap yard for cheap though.....**

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, you can pick up a wrecked f150 or mustang relatively cheap. I'd go for the f150 just because of the transfer case. I know ford sells the wiring harness if you can't make the factory one work. Also the f150 has longer intake runners for a better torque curve if I remember right.

**be awesome to find the gt500 5.2l in a scrap yard for cheap though.....**
Funny you would post that. My neighbor just brought home a flood-damaged 2016 Mustang GT 350 (non-R) he bought at auction. He's gutting it and will be building it into a Trans AM race car. Lotsa time and trea$ure, probably won't be ready for this season.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny you would post that. My neighbor just brought home a flood-damaged 2016 Mustang GT 350 (non-R) he bought at auction. He's gutting it and will be building it into a Trans AM race car. Lotsa time and trea$ure, probably won't be ready for this season.
A new 5.0 motor From ford is 10k I think that’s better than a salvage motor with who knows what issues

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A new 5.0 motor From ford is 10k I think that’s better than a salvage motor with who knows what issues
I'm sure he would appreciate you gifting him a brand new crate motor! ;) It is in the process of being torn down to every last circlip, so in the unlikely event there is any internal engine damage it will be addressed. The car appears to have been flooded about 3-4 inches above the hubs at the rear, less toward the front, looking at the silt line, so diff internals are likely rusted.
Sponsored