First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT 302A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We just got our mannequin Wildtrak with a soft top and I have to say I prefer it over the MIC on our GM's Wildtrak.
Sponsored

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The front two freedom panels on a Wrangler JL are easily removable and I wouldn’t call them thin, $1,495 on the B&P so cheap depends on who you ask. Can’t speak for previous Wrangler models. Just wonder why Ford didn’t choose to go with a similar design.
Ford Bronco First Edition delivery with MIC top disappointing download (1)

Sounds like Ford got a little too excited about building something so much better than Jeep that they got too fancy and technical with a part that really didn't need to be upgraded in the first place. They hit the ball out of the park with the appearance and mechanics of the Bronco. Maybe they should have left the top design alone and gone with what seems to be working fine for Jeep 🤷‍♀️

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
well, since they were a $1895 option, yeah they going to cost a lot more than 2k when you figure in dealer markup and shipping, I bet you cant get one for under $3500, but its also at least 2 years before you will be able to order one.
Yep, which is why Ford needs to man up and come up with a plan or program for allowing early reservation/purchasers the option to get the roof that they wanted at a price they would’ve paid as an option on the original purchase.
That’s just my feeling of what would be fair since the reservations were made with the option of a MOD roof available and then once they had our money they changed the deal.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep, which is why Ford needs to man up and come up with a plan or program for allowing early reservation/purchasers the option to get the roof that they wanted at a price they would’ve paid as an option on the original purchase.
That’s just my feeling of what would be fair since the reservations were made with the option of a MOD roof available and then once they had our money they changed the deal.
Except for until you actually purchased your Bronco you only gave your dealer money and Ford never shipped any MOD top to people. I wanted a MOD top badly but not badly enough to later spend a fortune on one, best bet would be if MIC top fails and they have to send you a top anyways to let you pay the difference from the 695 MIC to the 1895 MOD on the replacement top

Also remember that if you were a wild trak or FE with a MOD top they gave us a free MIC top and $1000 in points for the trouble.

Sponsored

kkooch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the top is very thin plastic. We wanted the nice painted top.
This looks like the standard MIC top. These roofs need to be sent to another manufacturer to make.....lots of complaints and more to come. Ford- hear it!!!!

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Except for until you actually purchased your Bronco you only gave your dealer money and Ford never shipped any MOD top to people. I wanted a MOD top badly but not badly enough to later spend a fortune on one, best bet would be if MIC top fails and they have to send you a top anyways to let you pay the difference from the 695 MIC to the 1895 MOD on the replacement top

Also remember that if you were a wild trak or FE with a MOD top they gave us a free MIC top and $1000 in points for the trouble.
You’re right and yes I have an FE order and reservation. The Ford points in my opinion are for the delays, not for the roof, and I’d be happy to pay the difference, especially to get the top I wanted in the first place. I just don’t like the idea of paying for a top that I didn’t want in the first place especially if they don’t get these production issues fixed before they build mine ;)

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You’re right and yes I have an FE order and reservation. The Ford points in my opinion are for the delays, not for the roof, and I’d be happy to pay the difference, especially to get the top I wanted in the first place. I just don’t like the idea of paying for a top that I didn’t want in the first place especially if they don’t get these production issues fixed before they build mine ;)
Once again, we got free MIC tops, everyone else had to pay 695 for theirs so we really we got $1000 in points for switching tops and a $695 dollar top for no charge plus the other misc points for delays etc, I think when I take delivery it is like 253k points lol But I'd still rather a MOD top

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So every Bronco owner in the South will be doing donuts in the parking lot during next summer's heat wave.
All 6 of em at this rate.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the air starts blowing at a much higher speed for a minute or two then goes back to normal speed
That sounds like it is going to be a problem later on.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We got our first Edition last week and really like how it drives and handles but the top
is a real disappointment it looks very cheap and thin. Also, we have already had problems
with the air conditioning blend door when turning curves a lot more air comes through
the vents. All in all it is still a very good vehicle.

Ford Bronco First Edition delivery with MIC top disappointing download (1)
Noyce Truck!
I've gotta 2014 FieSTa with a screwed-up blend door accuator which does that; pull a high-G manuever, and the airflow changes.
Make sure you make Ford fix it under warranty; I was too late.
Ford shoulda kept good old cables and levers instead of this made-in-china bovine excrement.

mjbk12

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the air starts blowing at a much higher speed for a minute or two then goes back to normal speed
Are you sure that it isnt the automatic fan in the auto climate contral causing the fan to change speeds? And you are just noticing it more when turning. I didnt notice any change in the auto climate control fan speed when driving a bronco at bronco rodeo.