First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the AC blowing more air when turning could be the automatic climate control picking up some warm air in the Bronco as you turn. The air in the car doesn't necessarily turn when the car turns so if a pocket of warm air is read by a temperature sensor as you turn then the automatic AC will blow more cold air to cool the car off. Once it has run for a minute or two the air has again been cooled and the AC slows back down.
Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think our expectation of a removable hard top should be that it:

A). Keeps out rain (min requirement for a “top” / “roof”)
B). Is light weight and easily removable (see “removable”)
C). Can be easily reinstalled and maintain features A & B

Everything else is up for grabs. Hell, Ford even offered the MIC less headliner originally.

I think a lot of folks fell for the Bronco’s rugged good looks but expect luxury for the price. The price reflects the technology in the Bronco. If you want off road tech + luxury be prepared to shell out $80K to $100K….. on a Land Rover.

remember what the Gen 1 Bronco was…. Hell, what it still is. You can’t touch one for less than $80K and it has a steel dash and “seatbelts“ are a luxury.
Exactly, and at the end of the day, with current inflation, it is technically on the cheaper side for what it is. If he doesn't like it he can sell it on ebay for over 100k which is what a lot of them are going for

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
The car top should be the engineering and supply chain management you give to rookies and fresh fish new hires. China can build 100 floor skyscraper in three months. Ford can't figure out or scale a simple polymer, molded top in 2 years??? It's not like they are creating a new polymer chemistry. That supplier is not yet fired? Wabas--as--good--as--ass? Embarassing.
I'm sure it's a contract thing, Ford needs to start doing more things in house, hell they are having their workers go help make the tops

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I couldn’t agree more!
I get that this is a first production vehicle and is always going to have teething issues. My problem is as FE order is that I was forced into a top that I didn’t want and now have to deal with the issues.
Ford had all the time in the world to look at the competition and reverse engineer Jeep’s tops and what I would consider the industry standard. Not being able to deliver that is very disappointing. All I’m hoping at this point is that we will get access to the tops we wanted at a heavily discounted or invoice pricing so that I can have the Bronco that I ordered in the first place.
Stop beating people up that are just pointing out deficiencies in the manufacturers attempts to make a std top
I don't see why people think the Mod would have been any better. The only difference between the MIC and the Mod top material construction-wise is the smooth paintable outer layer, versus the Molded in Color outer layer. I would bet the Mod top would be having similar lamination and fiber quality issues if it were in production (as original scheduled) right now.

FWIW, Jeeps are much cleaner on the inside. And also, the inside pic of a Mod top shows the exact same unfinished look of a MIC top:
Mod:
Ford Bronco First Edition delivery with MIC top disappointing 2021-bronco-nyse-13-

MIC:
Ford Bronco First Edition delivery with MIC top disappointing 782772

Jeep JL/JT:
Ford Bronco First Edition delivery with MIC top disappointing JLOMP_1_2

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People in these forums "I can't wait for members to get their Bronco and give reviews"
Some negative reviews come in.
People also in these forums "You bought the it what do you expect, stop being so picky, you just expected a sports car"

Like jesus... I get people are emotionally invested in the Bronco but it's getting embarrassing.

Sponsored

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't see why people think the Mod would have been any better. The only difference between the MIC and the Mod top material construction-wise is the smooth paintable outer layer, versus the Molded in Color outer layer. I would bet the Mod top would be having similar lamination and fiber quality issues if it were in production (as original scheduled) right now.

FWIW, Jeeps are much cleaner on the inside. And also, the inside pic of a Mod top shows the exact same unfinished look of a MIC top:
Mod:

MIC:

Jeep JL/JT:
I’m not saying the MOD top wouldn’t have the same issues.. I think it looks a lot better than the MIC that’s all..
Having some time in Jeeps I’m under no illusions of the top being some amazing thing.. I just want a top that looks good and not some bland MIC black/grey and I don’t want a waffle pattern on the outside ;)

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think this is incorrect. The hard too on JL 2 door is about 120 lbs. 100 lbs without the front panels. On the JK it’s about 25% heavier. The MIC cap on a 2 door is 80 lbs. and merele 60 lbs o. The 4 door. Those are huge differences in weight. Let’s hope that’s not due to flimsy material
The JL freedom panels together are about 34 lbs. That puts the cap at ~ 86 lbs. It's definitely under 90 as the 4 door cap without the panels is just under 110 and it is easily 20lbs more than the 2 door's.
Strangely, there is no good info from Mopar on the exact cap weights. But there is enough info out there to suss out a close approximation.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m not saying the MOD top wouldn’t have the same issues.. I think it looks a lot better than the MIC that’s all..
Having some time in Jeeps I’m under no illusions of the top being some amazing thing.. I just want a top that looks good and not some bland MIC black/grey and I don’t want a waffle pattern on the outside ;)
I am split between the functional utility of MIC, and the ability to get a white Mod.

It does suck that FE has been de-spec'd to a MIC (with some compensation), and Mod orders have been asked to cut to a MIC or wait to 2023 (with some compensation). Of course it also sucks that MIC orders have been asked to convert to soft top with no real compensation. The whole bloody top thing is a debacle and sucks. I predict Bronco is going to take it on the chin for initial quality because of it.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Theory: Blend doors are vacuum operated. When driver backs out of throttle vacuum increases=moves blend door. I wouldn't expect this in a modern vehicle, but who knows, new design and all.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Mod:

MIC:

Jeep JL/JT:
That Bronco MOD top interior image you showed, I recall seeing something similar early on. I know some folks didn't care for it, but I liked that finish quite a bit. Liked that carbon fiber-ish surface look. But the consistency of the pattern and finish seems significantly better in that MOD image, than what we are seeing on some production MIC tops.

Sponsored

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am split between the functional utility of MIC, and the ability to get a white Mod.

It does suck that FE has been de-spec'd to a MIC (with some compensation), and Mod orders have been asked to cut to a MIC or wait to 2023 (with some compensation). Of course it also sucks that MIC orders have been asked to convert to soft top with no real compensation. The whole bloody top thing is a debacle and sucks. I predict Bronco is going to take it on the chin for initial quality because of it.
Yeah, I know they’re saying they compensated for the MOD tops, but if you do want to turn around and get the top you wanted, Black, color matched or white (which would be cool) I think any savings for the MOD will be lost. I’m sure they’re going to charge $2000+ for the top that we originally wanted.
I just hope that they get it together and take care of those that have ordered and waited patiently and that these quality issues don’t affect our resales/value in the future.. Not saying I’m not keeping it, but I may have to upgrade to a Heritage/Warthog at some point ;)

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, I know they’re saying they compensated for the MOD tops, but if you do want to turn around and get the top you wanted, Black, color matched or white (which would be cool) I think any savings for the MOD will be lost. I’m sure they’re going to charge $2000+ for the top that we originally wanted.
I just hope that they get it together and take care of those that have ordered and waited patiently and that these quality issues don’t affect our resales/value in the future.. Not saying I’m not keeping it, but I may have to upgrade to a Heritage/Warthog at some point ;)
well, since they were a $1895 option, yeah they going to cost a lot more than 2k when you figure in dealer markup and shipping, I bet you cant get one for under $3500, but its also at least 2 years before you will be able to order one.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People in these forums "I can't wait for members to get their Bronco and give reviews"
Some negative reviews come in.
People also in these forums "You bought the it what do you expect, stop being so picky, you just expected a sports car"

Like jesus... I get people are emotionally invested in the Bronco but it's getting embarrassing.
The Ford homerism is alarming.

Anyone insisting we should expect - and be happy with - a "cheap" hard top from Ford can kindly shut it.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Take it to your dealer to have a look. If your hood is bent, hopefully they'll get you fixed up.

With those type of issues, though, best if you can spot and document before you leave the lot the first time.
Dealer is taking care of it… thanks!!!
Sponsored