Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I saw that someone else, not Webasco, makes the soft top.

The Bestop seem to have pretty flimsy frames. I hope there's a good comparison video out one of these days.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I saw that someone else, not Webasco, makes the soft top.

The Bestop seem to have pretty flimsy frames. I hope there's a good comparison video out one of these days.
Someone else makes the fabric, Webasto does the rest.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m glad someone posted this question - I was wondering the same thing, if I had missed a video. Hopefully we see one soon @TFLtruck

Post a video on it, and I’ll stop posting that gif for a day - Deal? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey nice find! Detectives over here ha!

Video is not live yet, but yeah we went with the BesTop trektop.

They use a proprietary technique to bond in the quarter windows that is unique to BesTop, the webasto factory soft top has a different design that creates the window wave.

VERY thick canvas, and it doesn’t do that silly lift up rear clam shell like the factory unit. Just flip open the rear window like a Jeep. This will be available as a Ford accessory or direct through BesTop, will update if there are any issues or failures but so far very impressed. No zippers, no hassle

Back in May, I sent an idea, and a suggestion of how to build it, to Bestop for a "Sunrider for Hardtop" to cover both rows while keeping the back section on. It was supposedly sent to R&D. Since you deal with them directly, can you check with them on this? I have seen others interested in this type of setup more than a few times on 6G.

This way you can have the roof open for all seating positions and have the doors stored in back for a true all weather experience and be able to close up as inclement weather inevitably arrives.

Also, why can't they make a regular squared off soft top with a removable flip up rear window when you want to fold it all the way down?

Thanks, @TFLtruck

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW...Got in contact with our aft mkt distributor to find out when these will be available and am being told Dec/Jan. My FAD shows a dozen on order but can't give me any ETA either. I ASSume Ford will have excusive distribution at first then Bestop distributors some time afterwards.

I'm no marketing genius but a lot of us north of the Mason Dixon line won't have much use for a soft top in January. Your mileage, like latitude, may vary.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
B6G needs to start a Petition with Ford. Offer two door orders and VIN holders and Purgatory vehicles the option to switch to the Bestop Trek Top immediately, so we can get our two doors!! The MIC is a failure and the proposed fix only theoretical. Give us a roof by a vetted manufacturer or our money back!
Oh no, you're using logic here, that doesn't work in the real world.. :ROFLMAO: Leave it to the third party to have the solution.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm no marketing genius but a lot of us north of the Mason Dixon line won't have much use for a soft top in January. Your mileage, like latitude, may vary.
And yet my dumbass opted for the Soft top because there was no other option to get this beast sooner :(

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And yet my dumbass opted for the Soft top because there was no other option to get this beast sooner :(
I was referencing the Bestop accessory top, not the soft top installed at the factory. Sorry for the confusion.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was referencing the Bestop accessory top, not the soft top installed at the factory. Sorry for the confusion.
I don't think any version of a soft top would be optimal in a location that has heavy winters. I currently reside in lower Virginia so not too worried about winter as of yet. But the notion of moving back north to PA after i retire from the military brings me dread picturing myself shivering sitting in a car without a hard top. If i don't get picked up for a MY21 when the MY22 order banks open up i'm probably going to switch back to my original WT order.
Sponsored