Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed @TFLtruck ditched their noisy MIC top and installed a Bestop fastback twill top. Did I miss the video update or can you give a review for folks curious about a possible roof solution that doesn’t have issues? It certainly looks the part.

Ford Bronco TFL First Edition with Bestop Soft Top 9D3726E4-C8A5-4466-A059-2ABDD4F1ED7B
Sponsored

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I noticed @TFLtruck ditched their noisy MIC top and installed a Bestop fastback twill top. Did I miss the video update or can you give a review for folks curious about a possible roof solution that doesn’t have issues? It certainly looks the part.

Ford Bronco TFL First Edition with Bestop Soft Top 9D3726E4-C8A5-4466-A059-2ABDD4F1ED7B
I saw it in 2 of their recent videos - no video so far of it getting installed or reviewed.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it does LOOK a lot better than the Ford soft top in that picture. The side windows are nice.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe they were given the soft top as a consolation prize.

Sponsored

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Hey nice find! Detectives over here ha!

Video is not live yet, but yeah we went with the BesTop trektop.

They use a proprietary technique to bond in the quarter windows that is unique to BesTop, the webasto factory soft top has a different design that creates the window wave.

VERY thick canvas, and it doesn’t do that silly lift up rear clam shell like the factory unit. Just flip open the rear window like a Jeep. This will be available as a Ford accessory or direct through BesTop, will update if there are any issues or failures but so far very impressed. No zippers, no hassle

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They use a proprietary technique to bond in the quarter windows that is unique to BesTop, the webasto factory soft top has a different design that creates the window wave.

VERY thick canvas, and it doesn’t do that silly lift up rear clam shell like the factory unit. Just flip open the rear window like a Jeep. This will be available as a Ford accessory or direct through BesTop, will update if there are any issues or failures but so far very impressed. No zippers, no hassle
I look forward to the review and price info. Really enjoyed all of the comparison videos lately and the video on no regrets for the Wrangler purchase. Keep up the great work.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I look forward to the review and price info. Really enjoyed all of the comparison videos lately and the video on no regrets for the Wrangler purchase. Keep up the great work.
Thanks for the kind words!

This is definitely an early unit, but BesTop is just down the road from us in Colorado and it was a way for them to get hands on with a bronco, double check instructions that kind of thing. No price yet, hopefully soon.

We actually combined this with the optional mesh Bikini (I believe officially called Bimini) so when you throw the top back there is still a little sun protection which is neat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm hoping Ford makes this available as a 2-door option as we've seen it in action for months now.

Solutions can be had, just not given.

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the kind words!

This is definitely an early unit, but BesTop is just down the road from us in Colorado and it was a way for them to get hands on with a bronco, double check instructions that kind of thing. No price yet, hopefully soon.

We actually combined this with the optional mesh Bikini (I believe officially called Bimini) so when you throw the top back there is still a little sun protection which is neat
How's the noise? Is this not the $2k tell top that ford sells as an accessory?

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How's the noise? Is this not the $2k tell top that ford sells as an accessory?
I’m pretty sure this is the same one on Ford website.

I could care less about the full fold down feature of the Webasto top, I’d rather have a higher quality soft top like this one with a better rear access and thicker windows. Hoping my dealer can order and install upon delivery and maybe “sell” them back the ford soft top in exchange for other accessories.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude. The guys here make the internet interesting.

total sleuths and funny half the time.

also the other half of the time are dumb as a box of……

haha. We have our cake and eat it too here.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

B6G needs to start a Petition with Ford. Offer two door orders and VIN holders and Purgatory vehicles the option to switch to the Bestop Trek Top immediately, so we can get our two doors!! The MIC is a failure and the proposed fix only theoretical. Give us a roof by a vetted manufacturer or our money back!
Sponsored