2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have a 4dr oem soft top available for sale after the first week of taking delivery. Will be replacing with bestop, dont need the silly rear lift feature and def canā€™t stand the oem softtop windows. Give me what my jeep has and Iā€™ll be happy. No need to reinvent the wheel on a softtop.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have a 4dr oem soft top available for sale after the first week of taking delivery. Will be replacing with bestop, dont need the silly rear lift feature and def canā€™t stand the oem softtop windows. Give me what my jeep has and Iā€™ll be happy. No need to reinvent the wheel on a softtop.
Yep I'll be doing the exact same thing. Switched to soft top to get mine sooner, but I'll be promptly switching to the Bestop after I get it. The fastback slant on the Bestop will also help visually shorten the super long look of the 4 door too.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed @TFLtruck ditched their noisy MIC top and installed a Bestop fastback twill top. Did I miss the video update or can you give a review for folks curious about a possible roof solution that doesnā€™t have issues? It certainly looks the part.

Ford Bronco TFL First Edition with Bestop Soft Top 41A46146-2AA3-4572-8707-62FBB6D5A244
love the fastback look but I REALLY wanna see it in beige or khaki

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will there be any market for the OEM top? With so few broncos on the road I wouldn't think much. I guess maybe some MIC top people would want a cheap soft top in lieu of the bestop. Would I prefer the bestop? Sure, but not sure I'd pay $2k to upgrade. Would rather invest into a new hard top.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is the route I am going, Bestop and sun shade. I plan on only using my MIC top for longer travel destinations and winter time which isnt that long by me.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey nice find! Detectives over here ha!

Video is not live yet, but yeah we went with the BesTop trektop.

They use a proprietary technique to bond in the quarter windows that is unique to BesTop, the webasto factory soft top has a different design that creates the window wave.

VERY thick canvas, and it doesnā€™t do that silly lift up rear clam shell like the factory unit. Just flip open the rear window like a Jeep. This will be available as a Ford accessory or direct through BesTop, will update if there are any issues or failures but so far very impressed. No zippers, no hassle
Doesn't have that soft top window wave that the Ford one has

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the kind words!

This is definitely an early unit, but BesTop is just down the road from us in Colorado and it was a way for them to get hands on with a bronco, double check instructions that kind of thing. No price yet, hopefully soon.

We actually combined this with the optional mesh Bikini (I believe officially called Bimini) so when you throw the top back there is still a little sun protection which is neat
Wind/traffic noise compared to the MIC?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will there be any market for the OEM top? With so few broncos on the road I wouldn't think much. I guess maybe some MIC top people would want a cheap soft top in lieu of the bestop. Would I prefer the bestop? Sure, but not sure I'd pay $2k to upgrade. Would rather invest into a new hard top.
Im sure there will be some people that wish they had the dual top option and keep the oem look. But I also just realized that I may want to hang onto it since Iā€™ll be trading in order 1 BL w/ soft top for MY23 4dr BL w/ mod top when it arrives. So would want to keep the aftermarket bestop.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I totally agree, Ford set a very low bar with the soft top, that fast back top looks much better.
Ford went with Webasto instead of Bestop for their OEM soft top. I get that Bestop was probably more expensive, but for obvious reasons (like they know WTF theyā€™re doing when it comes to off-Road SUV soft tops, and their window quality is higher.)

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love the look of it, but I cant quite stomach the idea that it doesnt fold all the way back.

The soft top is the summer top for me, and Im most concerned with how easy it is to go full convertible. If all I wanted to do was to get an open sunroof, Id just get mic year round and leave the rear clamshell on. (assuming of course, that I could get a MIC top...)

I hope they release another version with the 2nd position.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it does LOOK a lot better than the Ford soft top in that picture. The side windows are nice.
After seeing the wrinkly FoMoCo soft top I went with the MIC figuring it'd be less than a year before Bestop had a better offering.

Little did I know that Ford/Webasto would screw the pooch on the MIC so hard......

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After seeing the wrinkly FoMoCo soft top I went with the MIC figuring it'd be less than a year before Bestop had a better offering.

Little did I know that Ford/Webasto would screw the pooch on the MIC so hard......
perhaps they will all come out at the same time :p
Sponsored