Sponsored

First Edition ordered and still no build date.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When this all first started I believed that the FE, was just that, FIRST. But I have come to the realization, that it is just another limited production trim level. I am ordering a badlands so, it really doesn't matter to me, but I would be upset if I ordered the FE thinking my build would have priority.
what led you to believe this? the name? Nowhere did it state under the description of First Edition would FE people get their Broncos before anybody else. That was 100% pure assumption.
Sponsored

vintagevp

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra TRD Pro, 2005 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They told me the same thing.
7/13 First 2 hour time stamp and nothing. I called Ford Bronco rep yesterday. Initially I was getting no info and somewhere in the conversation she started to list all of the parts issues related to the FE. A new issue I had not heard was a problem getting parts for the 2.7. At any rate she said (don't shoot the messenger warning) that some FE's might be 2022 units. First time I have ever heard that. Not good news and still no build date on my part.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The struggle is real.......

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

what led you to believe this? the name? Nowhere did it state under the description of First Edition would FE people get their Broncos before anybody else. That was 100% pure assumption.
Yes, it was an assumption as I stated and I'm sure a lot of other people felt the same way. No biggie though because that fall on anyone who ordered one.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you dealer update your order to the MIC top?

If not, it's still sitting in the order banks with the MOD top as "unbuildable" and wont ever get scheduled.

There were quite a few dealers who didn't know they needed to update it themselves.... some didn't realize it needed to be updated, and others assumed they would be updated automatically by Ford.

Last we knew, the dealership had to actively change the order to a MIC (since Ford figured some people might actually want the opportunity to switch to a different trim... or at least be told by the dealer they were getting the MIC top now).
I had them check the order and it was switched to a MIC top, however, the dealer told me that all hardtops are pulled from production. He doesn't think my FE will make 2021.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Happy to see folks get theirs delivered, but disappointed not to see any updates in regards to mine. Poor communication from both FORD and Dealers, and maybe even FORD to Dealers. Even stranger, FORD sends some folks mail (that poster thingy) and not others. Weird.
Beating a dead horse, if you ordered an FE, you clearly did it evening of reservations and while I never thought they would build all of them first with no other other variations mixed in, I did believe the time stamp being a key driver in delivery. It's just a bad look to open a reservation system for a vehicle that can not be delivered within a year, much less 18 months, to first day depositors, especially when something is called "FIRST". Add in the top fiasco and dishonest / price gouging dealers with which Ford apparently has no interest in correcting, it's a very troubled launch. FORD is no longer in the cheap car for transportation business and needs to reconcile their operations as such.
I don't post often, so while I'm at it: Ordering a car online via Tesla or Rivian and not dealing with a sales department is very appealing and if the legacy automakers don't figure out a way to pivot to some form of this, they'll need to rebrand their lines with/as electric companies in order to come out of dealer agreements and get around dealer laws/lobby. I think Ford's involvement with Rivian is a testing of this model. So too is the reservation system they've gone to w/ Bronco and the Lightening.
Lastly, there are some great dealers with some great personnel and with great pricing. Thankfully participating here! They are the the exception.

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
7/13 10pm fe and crickets for me.. but i did find out last week im at prority code 1 so ..who knows...

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/13 10pm fe and crickets for me.. but i did find out last week im at prority code 1 so ..who knows...
What’s up found you on another thread Re South Bay Ford. I’m also South Bay. Reserved afternoon of. Details in signature - 7/13 blend and build email 7/18 w shipment eta a day later. 8/6–8/14 and hoping for earlier but who knows.. looks like most west coast rail has been about 2-3 weeks. I’m technically 0082 but they told me when I ordered a few days prior to the 19th that 30-40 hadn’t converted to order so was prob closer to 40 in the queue. Don’t know what that meant tho cause my number stayed 0082. what was your order number at sbf? They don’t seem to know anything. Including trims haha. Trying not to bother them so they do call me the day it comes. Just don’t want the front license plate installed and that was the only thing I told em.

Sponsored

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What’s up found you on another thread Re South Bay Ford. I’m also South Bay. Reserved afternoon of. Details in signature - 7/13 blend and build email 7/18 w shipment eta a day later. 8/6–8/14 and hoping for earlier but who knows.. looks like most west coast rail has been about 2-3 weeks. I’m technically 0082 but they told me when I ordered a few days prior to the 19th that 30-40 hadn’t converted to order so was prob closer to 40 in the queue. Don’t know what that meant tho cause my number stayed 0082. what was your order number at sbf? They don’t seem to know anything. Including trims haha. Trying not to bother them so they do call me the day it comes. Just don’t want the front license plate installed and that was the only thing I told em.
wow..really? I was told I was 24 on the list and 4th first edition...so im very confused...i drove by on my bday on my way to home depot and saw one on the lot.. pulled right in and asked why i havenot heard anything and they said i do not have a date yet...so bummed at this point it almost seem as my order is getting botched in front of my eyes.. probably not but it just looks like that.. i really hope i get an email in the next round....reserved whenevr the webite let me at around 9pm 7/13......not sure what to think untill i get a update from them.... contrats on your ride!!! its gotta feel real to you now!

Cmargio

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Volvo, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

7/13 First 2 hour time stamp and nothing. I called Ford Bronco rep yesterday. Initially I was getting no info and somewhere in the conversation she started to list all of the parts issues related to the FE. A new issue I had not heard was a problem getting parts for the 2.7. At any rate she said (don't shoot the messenger warning) that some FE's might be 2022 units. First time I have ever heard that. Not good news and still no build date on my part.
I have also heard that some FEs will be built in 22 by customer service and my dealer. Not the most exciting news.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here is what I gathered from my dealer - apparently they are finally doing something to be more aware:

1. On 7/16, Dealership showed my FE was still 19'd. The following Tuesday, 7/20, they informed me it had changed to 01.
So check with your dealer, ask for a new DORA sheet. Check to see if yours changed.
If it's anything <10, yours is in the chute so to speak as only Ford can set your priority to single digits. Dealers can only set to 10 or higher.

2. Scheduling week is not build week. MAP is shut down, and may have extra shutdown weeks depending on chip/top issues causing many to be parked until those parts come in. You can't build more if you have no space to put them, and what space they are using, some of it has a rental cost.

3. Semiconductors are slowly becoming available - news the PC world is that newer chips there are starting to ship again. I figure automotive can't be far behind. I have no insight into Ford's supply chain directly though, so I have no idea of their delays.

4. As noted elsewhere, First Editions were not limited by dealership allocation. My dealership told me the same thing.

5. "First Edition" was probably not the best moniker to use. Most of us associate "First Edition" with publishing and being the 'first' produced like it means in the publishing industry. Here is how my dealership explained it: "A Ford selected set of options combined into a trim package for the first production year. These will be produced alongside other trim levels." Nowhere in that definition does it suggest it will be first produced of all models that year, just a trim package that is custom for the first year. This definition also fits how it's being used on the Maverick. Maybe if Ford communicated it that way, it would have been more clear. Its what I based my understanding on, and why I am not frustrated. I knew it was potentially going to be a long wait.

6. If you ordered a First Edition trim, check with your dealer ASAP to make sure it's buildable. I hear some orders are still configured for dual tops or the MOD top resulting in unbuildable configurations. These options are no longer available and that needs to be changed at the dealership. The dealership "owns" the order entry process, so they have to be the ones who change it. You can't call the helpline and have them change it, and Ford will not proactively change it. YOU have to go in and request it. And be sure to get an updated DORA sheet when you do it. I would suggest getting this done today if possible. Your priority code may not change right away. It will wait for the next preview pass to get updated.

To expand on this: I was told buildable First Editions were changed to Priority 01 or 02. If yours was NOT changed, you need to make sure it's buildable now. The way it was explained to me through other channels closer to Ford: All buildable First Editions were all switched to 01 or 02. Priority 01s will get scheduled next. If there are available slots left on the schedule and it won't affect building 01s, then 02s will fill in those slots. Any 02s that do not make the cut this round will be bumped to 01 for the next round of scheduling. If yours is NOT changed to buildable before that next round, you're SOL because they switch to MY22 scheduling after that. So please, please, please - check with your dealership, make sure yours is buildable NOW, otherwise you may not get it at all as it cannot make MY21 scheduling if you don't.

7. The models/posters/bags/points thing - most I saw with the models had serious scheduling issues, and those with posters had some less serious scheduling issues, so it seems to be a 'peace offering' based on the level of disappointment. I have not received ANYTHING from Ford or my local dealership (in fact, it went the other way around LOL I gave the sales tower guy a Maisto Wildtrak Bronco model in red LOL), but that's probably because mine was never scheduled and changed. My only thing was the tops, so I changed it and even told those points will arrive a few weeks after I take delivery on top of the 42000 from the purchase. The bags and other stuff is dealership dependent - the dealership is buying that swag themselves to give out, and some dealerships aren't buying swag.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven’t received jack crap. Zero emails from ford. The last one I received was something about “stay pumped about your new ford bronco”. I even asked my Ford rep to make sure they had my correct email.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow..really? I was told I was 24 on the list and 4th first edition...so im very confused...i drove by on my bday on my way to home depot and saw one on the lot.. pulled right in and asked why i havenot heard anything and they said i do not have a date yet...so bummed at this point it almost seem as my order is getting botched in front of my eyes.. probably not but it just looks like that.. i really hope i get an email in the next round....reserved whenevr the webite let me at around 9pm 7/13......not sure what to think untill i get a update from them.... contrats on your ride!!! its gotta feel real to you now!
that is pretty absurd I wonder why the delay on the FE -
Sponsored