dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was my understanding. As my sales guy put it: "first edition" is 'it has most options packages included' in a first year of production, but it could be months before it gets here. He's also the guy who explained 'scatter' scheduling to me back in January. Even though I am the only FE at their dealership, I don't expect it before late July. If it shows up earlier, I'll be surprised.
So, you reserved it for what it is and not when it will be built. Based on all the noise in this forum, you are in the minority.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody know how many reservation (all trims) occurred in the first 4 hours after the system opened up? I got an FE out of the first 3500 which I think were sold out about that far into the system opener. I'm just curious...I guess I figured since a buyer could modify to any lower trim that most of the early reservations were for an FE, but maybe there was a lot more non-FE reserved???

Maybe ZackDanger knows how to find the data???
So far this is the narrowest I’ve seen that type of data. It’s from a dealership with lots of orders, and these timestamp predate and sort of big deals offered by dealerships. so I suspect it’s representative of the national spread:

Ford Bronco First Edition Sadness Thread 1619604739818

14% on the 13th, 20% on the 14th. Loose math puts 26,000 on the first day.

Also, not sure how you think you’re in the first 3,500 FE reservations. My understanding was that they said 3500, but the system allowed 7000 by accident, so they announced after the fact that they would keep the 7,000 and not make 3,500 people really really upset.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
14% on the 13th, 20% on the 14th. Loose math puts 26,000 on the first day.

Also, not sure how you think you’re in the first 3,500 FE reservations. My understanding was that they said 3500, but the system allowed 7000 by accident, so they announced after the fact that they would keep the 7,000 and not make 3,500 people really really upset.
Oh Wow! I had not heard about the 7000 accident - I was aware that Ford increased the additional 3500 units but thought it was because of the "overwhelming demand". Interesting insight!

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thousands and thousands of line skippers? Do you mean the 3,104 priority orders that were dispersed randomly across all reservations when they weren’t explicitly given to the earliest reservations at a particular dealer? If so, it’s important to remember that number represents only a single week of production, and by dispersing them randomly, or given to the earliest anyway, the impact to your specific delivery date is unmeasurable. There’s a very real chance that the single order that “skipped” you at your dealer only resulted in your vehicle being the 4th loaded on the same truck rather than the 3rd.

I’m not sure whether you are being deliberately obtuse, or if you believe those handful of extra dots you want added to the hypothetical graph are going to negate the conclusion of my post…

… but if it is the latter, that only reinforces my point that humans are emotional creatures who award too much weight to anecdotal or outlying data.

Ford Bronco First Edition Sadness Thread 1619623879535

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am actually glad my First Edition won’t be rolling off the assembly line anytime soon. Let MAP work out the production bugs first on other people’s Broncos 😉. Plus covid is wreaking havoc in the automotive plants here in Metro Detroit. The FCA plant that produces the Dodge Ram had over 20% of its workforce this month come down with Covid. Friends that I know that work there said with all the fears of Covid and so many sick relief workers in the plant that it is basically organized chaos! So for me personally I’ve got no problem waiting for a vehicle I’m going to probably own the rest of my life.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually glad my First Edition won’t be rolling off the assembly line anytime soon. Let MAP work out the production bugs first on other people’s Broncos 😉. Plus covid is wreaking havoc in the automotive plants here in Metro Detroit. The FCA plant that produces the Dodge Ram had over 20% of its workforce this month come down with Covid. Friends that I know that work there said with all the fears of Covid and so many sick relief workers in the plant that it is basically organized chaos! So for me personally I’ve got no problem waiting for a vehicle I’m going to probably own the rest of my life.
Yup. Let the "priority" orders work their way through that mess. I'm happy enough to wait.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you understand the car business dealer allocations were absolutely on your radar. There was zero chance these we’re going to get built and shipped around the country in exact time stamp order. It is physically impossible at the production level and logistically impossible at the shipping/dealer level. You have to understand Fords customers are the dealers, not you.
This may come as a shock to you, but not all car buyers understand the car business. Particularly the intricacies of allocation.

So when these car buyers are told by the company that makes the cars and IS intimately familiar with the car business, that things are going to happen in a certain way driven by certain criteria; I find it just a bit obtuse and arrogant to then chastise them for being so naive as to have believed what they were told.

So now we've learned that not only can you not take car dealers at their word, you also can't take car manufacturers at their word either.

This could all have easily been avoided by Ford directly and in the beginning coming out and saying here's exactly how it's going to go. According to you this was never a mystery or in question, it's always been done this way, so why tell us anything other than the truth -- FROM THE BEGINNING?

You get one chance to set initial expectations.