Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Changed the oil today at the 1500 mile mark. Watched video on youtube. Adhere to the advice to leave the catch pan under the oil pan, and oil pan plug out when removing the oil filter. A good amount will definitely drain from the pan. Use a separate pan for the oil filter drain channel. 2.3L took 6 quarts 5w-30 synthetic blend and FL910S filter. The level is right between the hash marks (about 3/4). Will check in a few days to confirm the level. No lift required. The skid plate on my 2022 base was plastic and had 4 bolts that needed to be removed (3 on the rear., 1 in front) and 1 just loosened to slide the skid plate out. All were 15mm as well as the drain plug-finally an engineer with sense. Not sure how many uses the plastic screw fastener in the wheel I will get before it doesn't hold anymore.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Traveller

Traveller

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used to do my F150 without a lift too, but I needed to jack up the one side to fit underneath-it was lowered two inches.

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any cons to doing it with the front wheels on ramps?

OP
OP
Traveller

Traveller

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only thing I could think would be the pan might not drain completely. I'm one to think doing it level drains the oil more efficiently. My F150 was lowered so I had to raise it just enough to get under it-that worked well.
Sponsored