Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 TBird, 1971 GTO, 2004 Chopper, 2016 Indian
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For comparison, noticed what appears to be misalignment of the black plastic cowl cover with the windshield. Not garaged at the moment. Its' that time of year and the 'helicopter' leaves have started to fall. Noticed many below the plastic cowl - having fallen into the gap centered at the base of the windshield. Noticed from above while removing the 'helicopters from the driver-side vent screen. Looked over slightly and then noticed what appears to be a misalignment. Unsure without another Bronco next to me, whether this is just as all other Broncos are from the factory, or whether mine is simply a defective cowl cover. Can anyone take a look at yours' and a photo for comparison. I've texted my salesman to ask them to check their parking lot Broncos as well. Sorry for the bother and thanks in advance for the assist.

cowl cover misalignment on bronco.jpeg
Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Definitely shouldn't have a gap. I had my windshield replaced and there was a small misalignment of the cowl afterwards, but not to that extent.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check to see if it (the cowl) is fully/correctly seated.

OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Parrie, Reid,

Loosened fasteners both on black cowl cover as well as mirror covers on either side. Pressing on center of cover determined that the panel "would" align if fasteners "would" engage. Difficult if not impossible to see the fasteners. Unsure whether the fastener(s) for the center panel is actually a part of the panel or an individual fastener that attaches to that panel. Male or female unsure. Also unsure what the center panel attaches to with removing the entire center panel. Have reviewed 'Procedures' 501-02 (Front End Body Panels) and 501-16 (Wipers and Washers) and "can" remove if I had to - but do not have a Two Leg Puller. Before either I do it, or have it done at the dealer at my first 1,000 oil change, you had mentioned proper seating of the cover. It "appears" to be properly seated everywhere except for the center area where it is supposed to align with the windshield. With the fasteners removed to relieve any tension, I was able to press down on the panel at the center at the base of the windshield. It does move toward the windshield and again, "Would align" if any fasteners "would" engage. My question is whether my under-hood fasteners (there are 11) are fully engaged? Can you photo those for me from your Bronco for reference - I wanted to see if mine are positioned at the same depth. Also, hoping someone has a diagram of the center cowl cover and the fastener positions and type. Thank you Parrie and Reid.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Parrie, Reid,

Loosened fasteners both on black cowl cover as well as mirror covers on either side. Pressing on center of cover determined that the panel "would" align if fasteners "would" engage. Difficult if not impossible to see the fasteners. Unsure whether the fastener(s) for the center panel is actually a part of the panel or an individual fastener that attaches to that panel. Male or female unsure. Also unsure what the center panel attaches to with removing the entire center panel. Have reviewed 'Procedures' 501-02 (Front End Body Panels) and 501-16 (Wipers and Washers) and "can" remove if I had to - but do not have a Two Leg Puller. Before either I do it, or have it done at the dealer at my first 1,000 oil change, you had mentioned proper seating of the cover. It "appears" to be properly seated everywhere except for the center area where it is supposed to align with the windshield. With the fasteners removed to relieve any tension, I was able to press down on the panel at the center at the base of the windshield. It does move toward the windshield and again, "Would align" if any fasteners "would" engage. My question is whether my under-hood fasteners (there are 11) are fully engaged? Can you photo those for me from your Bronco for reference - I wanted to see if mine are positioned at the same depth. Also, hoping someone has a diagram of the center cowl cover and the fastener positions and type. Thank you Parrie and Reid.
I'll take a few photos later today. The clips I was having issues with were at the leading edge where the cowl meets the hood and they are a hook style clip that clips toward the front of the vehicle.

But I'm not sure the issue you are having would be caused by those.

Sponsored
OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. My clips can't be seen from atop the cowl cover. Clips "must" be ok on either side (passenger and driver) as the cover is secure on either side and aligned with the windshield on either side. Under-hood, the cover is secured by 11 parallel side-by-side male fasteners which underneath the cover. That's what I'm looking for, the depth of those fasteners on a properly seated cover. That depth will let me know if "my" cover is properly seated or too high in the center. The 11 fasteners under-hood appear to be at a consistent depth. If identical to yours' then I know that there are missing or broken fasteners at the base of the windshield. Thanks again.

Blew Oval

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various makes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For comparison, noticed what appears to be misalignment of the black plastic cowl cover with the windshield. Not garaged at the moment. Its' that time of year and the 'helicopter' leaves have started to fall. Noticed many below the plastic cowl - having fallen into the gap centered at the base of the windshield. Noticed from above while removing the 'helicopters from the driver-side vent screen. Looked over slightly and then noticed what appears to be a misalignment. Unsure without another Bronco next to me, whether this is just as all other Broncos are from the factory, or whether mine is simply a defective cowl cover. Can anyone take a look at yours' and a photo for comparison. I've texted my salesman to ask them to check their parking lot Broncos as well. Sorry for the bother and thanks in advance for the assist.

Ford Bronco Fitment/Alignment - black plastic 'Cowl Cover' with Windshield cowl cover misalignment on bronco
All those helicopter seeds will get down underneath your cowling and rot and cause corrosion issues down the road.

OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer ordered one from Detroit. Will be here Wednesday. Was worried about accumulation of debris obviously, as well as Cabin air filter, etc...down below as well. Same reason rocker panels on our old trucks rotted away, accumulation. Wasn't only worried about cosmetics. :)

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine’s pretty tight against the windshield.
Ford Bronco Fitment/Alignment - black plastic 'Cowl Cover' with Windshield IMG_0498

OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks Bob, all...

Either warped at the top where the plastic 'would have' met the windshield; or broken fasteners along the leading edge under the hood - unsecured and causing that center section to rise up and out - away from the windshield. Appreciate the review, all comments and photo. :)

Sponsored

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a very similar problem. My cowl warped just from sitting in the sun and then I didn't realize it and opened the hood and the bottom of the hood caught the edge cowl to make it look even worse. Seems like yours might be doing the same.

AGC_20240430_132856642.jpg

AGC_20240430_132901865.jpg

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a very similar problem. My cowl warped just from sitting in the sun and then I didn't realize it and opened the hood and the bottom of the hood caught the edge cowl to make it look even worse. Seems like yours might be doing the same.

Ford Bronco Fitment/Alignment - black plastic 'Cowl Cover' with Windshield AGC_20240430_132901865

Ford Bronco Fitment/Alignment - black plastic 'Cowl Cover' with Windshield AGC_20240430_132901865
That is the issue I was having, with the leading edge not sitting down. Look at the clips in the area where the cowl pops up, I would bet one is popped free or broken.

I used double sided tape to convince my clip to stay put, just make sure to use some that isn't crazy tough in case you need to replace your windshield.

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the issue I was having, with the leading edge not sitting down. Look at the clips in the area where the cowl pops up, I would bet one is popped free or broken.

I used double sided tape to convince my clip to stay put, just make sure to use some that isn't crazy tough in case you need to replace your windshield.
That's exactly what happened, except that it's warped so much that the clip won't even go in anymore. I ended up just ordering a new one from ebay

OP
OP
24BDSAS2DR2.7

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks Brent, Reid...New cowl arrived last night. Dealer installation is Monday. I know, its black with windshield and sun screen reflection coming at it, but local temps not yet in the 90s. I'll let everyone know if any fasteners were the cause; or warpage was the issue.