Clubs

It's actually come up a few times.

Vehicle Height/Garage Clearance

sasquatch proof garage

Fitting Through Garage Doors

Four Door Length for Garage Fit

Will a Sasquatch fit in a garage?

Fitting into garage

Unfortunately many of the houses in my town were built before people reliably owned cars... some were even built before cars were invented.
Thanks for the links. This topic actually made me go out and measure how tall the opening is in my garage.

Unless you have an older house most newer homes have a 84" garage opening.
My house, built in 2017, has a 93" opening. I could likely fit a Sasquatch with roof rack plus a raft or something on top of it in there.

But I expect the Bronco to sleep outside anyway, because my garage is already full with two cars and two motorcycles.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the links. This topic actually made me go out and measure how tall the opening is in my garage.

My house, built in 2017, has a 93" opening. I could likely fit a Sasquatch with roof rack plus a raft or something on top of it in there.

But I expect the Bronco to sleep outside anyway, because my garage is already full with two cars and two motorcycles.
You're lucky because standard height is usually 84" so maybe the original owner requested it larger.

When I build my last house back east I had it at 108" so I could drive into my garage with my ladders on my racks. Mine should just fit into my garage here with a little rearranging of some shelves.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had to replace my 8 foot door to a 10 foot when I got my Jeep! I think my 2 door Badlands be just fine!! No worries for me!!

Like a glove!! ??

Screenshot_20201216-172518.png

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My problem is width, I have a 16' wide door and a 8' wide door. My wife's Expe already owns the 16 footer so guess what I am stuck with. Probably going to have to fold my mirrors in every time I go in and out. I am sure they add 3-4 inches to the body width folded out.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're lucky because standard height is usually 84" so maybe the original owner requested it larger.
I'm thinking maybe they do things differently in Idaho than Arizona. All garages in my subdivision (200+) have at least as large of opening as mine does. And about 1/3 of the houses have larger doors on the end where they can park a full size motorhome inside.

And for the record, I am the original owner, even though the house had already been built when I first saw it.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I should have kept scrolling! Thanks guys. That first thread @Jason posted yielded this result which is exactly the kind of creative maneuvering I was looking for (regardless of if it actually works it's a cool idea and that's what I was looking to find):

Lonestar777 said:
One of my good friends has a built rock crawling jeep with huge tires and bit lift. He installed an ATV winch underneath which compresses the suspension so he can get through the garage door, then once inside he can release it.
Well, good time to upgrade to that new custom built home you've been thinking about. Do that and buy your Bronco at the same time and only cry once.

Just sayin.....

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fit a Raptor on 37’s with Deaver +3 (1” more lift than factory) in my garage. It’s tight, but I fit no problem. On either side of the garage or right under the garage chain. Maybe an inch of clearance at the lowest, but fits with zero issues. This is a standard newer garage door. Older garages you may have issues fitting a taller vehicle.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking maybe they do things differently in Idaho than Arizona. All garages in my subdivision (200+) have at least as large of opening as mine does. And about 1/3 of the houses have larger doors on the end where they can park a full size motorhome inside.

And for the record, I am the original owner, even though the house had already been built when I first saw it.
Yeah most houses built out here are cheap cookie cutter tract built homes. But I bought mine during the recession and got it for close to nothing so it'll due for now. When I lived back in MA I worked for several different custom builders and am use to quality. These guys wouldn't last a week back there. lol

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My problem is width, I have a 16' wide door and a 8' wide door. My wife's Expe already owns the 16 footer so guess what I am stuck with. Probably going to have to fold my mirrors in every time I go in and out. I am sure they add 3-4 inches to the body width folded out.
Bronco is 86.2in wide (7ft 2in) with mirrors extended. So, you should be fine on mirrors. Just need to fine tune your entry and exit.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco is 86.2in wide (7ft 2in) with mirrors extended. So, you should be fine on mirrors. Just need to fine tune your entry and exit.
oh nice, I had not ran across that number yet. Five extra inches on both sides, take it nice and slow.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
oh nice, I had not ran across that number yet. Five extra inches on both sides, take it nice and slow.
Got it off of Ford‘s Bronco site. All the way at the bottom of the specs page under the dropdowns.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went off the specs on the Ford website. I measured my garage door and a non-Sas Badlands with roof rails have about an inch of clearance with the top of my garage door.

Without anything attached. It's going to be close....

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My "must have" was a garage, my wife's was a fireplace....

...guess what two things the house we bought doesn't have.

Go ahead... take your time...

...I'll wait.

;)
A laundry room and walk in closet?
Sponsored