Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took my Bronco in today to get the switch replaced and to get the windshield fixed under that recall. They just called, windshield work is done, the headlight switch however is on backorder. Ugh!

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he reserved a car!

Seriously, when you make an appointment to have part replaced, you would think they would make sure that the part is in stock and slated for you.
Sponsored

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he reserved a car!

Seriously, when you make an appointment to have part replaced, you would think they would make sure that the part is in stock and slated for you.
Yes, that is the essence of the appointment.
I love Seinfeld :)

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my 2009 F150 I’d hit the dial with my knee on occasion and bump the dial to a different position than what I left it in. Might be what’s happening as that dial is mechanical only I believe.

<edit 2022-02-18> From my experience with my Bronco and with confirmation from the manual, the light switch in the Bronco is electronic, and will return to the “auto” position when you restart your Bronco. Like other switches in modern cars, it resets each use.
Speaking of hitting the switch with the knee I have done this countless times on my2021 bronco....bad location. Also when park I believe the lights go out after 20 mins?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of hitting the switch with the knee I have done this countless times on my2021 bronco....bad location. Also when park I believe the lights go out after 20 mins?
I haven’t hit it again since I got used to avoiding it. Much like the headlight switch in my 2009 F150 which I hit with my knee all the time at first, I seemed to have changed something so it doesn’t happen anymore.

The time your lights stay on after ignition off is adjustable. Check your settings screen and find where this is done.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah for the most times I am conscience about the switch location its only when I get in a hurry

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Late last week I setup (online on the web) an appointment in December for the door windows rattling and the headlamp switch - I also emailed a service manager to let her know about the appointment. Got a reply today that she checked with their parts dept, and they are ordering the switch. So hopefully it will all be done in one go and on the same day.
My dealer called me yesterday and the switch came in. So I take it in tomorrow (11/17) to get it replaced. We shall see.

OP
OP
MinxShoals

MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
So far so good. First test and after 1 hour, 20 minutes, headlights have not come on!
Ford Bronco FIXED: Headlights turning on when switched off 4C330894-94EA-4E3E-BA53-58B86B20804A
Can you post the part number for your new switch? The one previously posted was for the switch with factory fogs and not the one for the Base trim. Thanks

Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to Star Ford Glendale to have this switch replaced, service rep ignored me when I gave them the Ford Service number. Picked it up today and low an behold the lights are back on again. Service rep informed me the tech "reprogrammed the module" even though it clearly states in SSM 51166 that it is the frigging switch!

Avoid Star Ford Glendale they had my Bronco for 4 days and only managed to do the windshield recall. In that 4 days I was hung up on at lead 8 times (Service manager claims phone system issues) but in that time I never received a status update. I had to drive down to the dealership and meet with them in person.

I asked them to fix the headlight issue, a weather strip issue and the rattling window issue. The recall I did not even want done but they insisted and I understand Why they insisted.

Avoid the headache Try someone else!

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you post the part number for your new switch? The one previously posted was for the switch with factory fogs and not the one for the Base trim. Thanks
Sorry, I have been away from the forum. I will look it up on the receipt when I get home and post later.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

According to my paperwork from the Dealer, the old switch was 11654A.

The new replacement switch for my Base, non-foglight is: M2DZ*11654*GC

They checked OASIS, reference SSM 51166.

I can report that so far so good. No phantom lights.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went to Star Ford Glendale to have this switch replaced, service rep ignored me when I gave them the Ford Service number. Picked it up today and low an behold the lights are back on again. Service rep informed me the tech "reprogrammed the module" even though it clearly states in SSM 51166 that it is the frigging switch!

Avoid Star Ford Glendale they had my Bronco for 4 days and only managed to do the windshield recall. In that 4 days I was hung up on at lead 8 times (Service manager claims phone system issues) but in that time I never received a status update. I had to drive down to the dealership and meet with them in person.

I asked them to fix the headlight issue, a weather strip issue and the rattling window issue. The recall I did not even want done but they insisted and I understand Why they insisted.

Avoid the headache Try someone else!
That would be frustrating. I wrote out a memo detailing the issue, what I have observed, the hour and twenty minute delay, and copied the SSM. I went over that with the service manager, and even mentioned I have photos if he didnt believe me. I also taped a copy of the memo to my dash so the technician could read it too. I explained that if they didn’t wait out the time it likely wouldn’t repeat itself. You should go to another dealer if that is an option.