Floor heat non-existent?

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. While not a good substitute, the seat heater roasts my arse to the point I forget my frozen feet.
Ya.. it's got to be the hottest seat heater I've ever had! LOL
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I live in MN. This is the biggest issue I have with the my bronco. Praying the have a fix for the defrost vents being on when the feat are the only selected position.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? Iā€™d be happy to look into this on my end.

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only floor is selected, should any air be blowing from the defroster, even though not selected? After selecting the defroster, there was noticeably more air being pushed through it, but air is coming through the defroster when floor only is selected.

As a side note, when floor is selected and on hi, front does push air, but not so much in the rear; itā€™s a trickle, but it sounds like I am luckier than others. šŸ˜³

@Ford Motor Company is this normal? Not sure that has been answered yet?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Twice now I've had an issue where the dash vents weren't blowing even though I selected them in the directional menu. Each time I opened the menu, de-selected, then re-selected the vents and then they started blowing air šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I've had a couple other issues with the electronics:

1. Once had no touch response for android auto, had to restart car

2. Then a couple times the system didn't initially recognize any of my inputs...I would start car then try to change audio channels, volume, and temperature, using both the steering wheel controls and dash buttons/wheels, none of these did a thing, then about 1-3 minutes later ALL the button clicks/nob changes I had made just suddenly occurred in like a mass spamming moment. It was as if there was a blocking startup process that delayed any input.

All has been good for about a week though so maybe a software update fixed them?
Check your fuse box. Mine was not bolted on tight so it lost connection. Might be a factor for you.

Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im in the hvac business and I would say damper issue if all ducts are on.More than enough air volume to blast down to feet and back area if those ducts are isolated , just my opinion.
I agree has to be the damper, if the ducts are aligned at the joints correctly we should be feeling air flow. It is so loud behind the dash that it makes me think they are misaligned behind the dash, it is plugged, or the damper is not rotated correctly to the lower dampers. How do we get this to engineers at ford to resolve.
Everyone should bring there broncos to service this Friday for this issue. That may send the message!

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It almost certainly has to be a faulty duct or something.

Sounds like a wind tunnel and it barley leaks out

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This makes no sense but I have noticed it too. Why the heck wouldnā€™t it remember where I set it?
Ford Bronco Floor heat non-existent? A48B5188-8878-4A92-B8CD-911C730449E5

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in a cold climate and decided to check it out after seeing this thread. I feel like it blows adequate heat to the floor. Heat is coming out directly above the brake pedal.
Mine is the same directly down from brake pedal kinda odd but works. It is really loud on feet Only tho and defrost never shuts off on mine.

Ziggy

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Trans Am , 2005 Lexus es330
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is the same directly down from brake pedal kinda odd but works. It is really loud on feet Only tho and defrost never shuts off on mine.
I don't have my Bronco yet , does any else have issue of defrost not shutting off ? With those dampers wide open it won't leave much volume for other areas.

Sponsored

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same issue and I thought it was just me. NOTHING comes out of rear floor heat. Almost nothing on front floor heat. Defrost is always on and that side window panel is always blowing heat even if I select floor only. Sucks but I got used to a few of the defects of my bronco, still love it but miss my 4runner too! 4 door Big Bend Manual Transmission

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really is starting to sound to me like there may be an issue with the diverters not functioning correctly in the dash on many of these.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This sounds like a service visit. Clearly the dampers are not routing the air properly. I have a two door and haven't even checked the back (don't know if it even has floor vents back there) but changing the options on the front works fine and is very noticeable.
The rear vents under the front seats might as well not be there. Even on high, you canā€™t feel air flow, even when you place your hand under the seat to see if you can feel any air flow.

grump73

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang, honda crv, toyota sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was just me. I usually run warm blooded, but my feet have been cold. (Nebraska). I definitely don't feel much air moving near my feet. It does get plenty warm in the cabin but my feet don't seem to agree. I'll have to keep a watch on this thread. So far this is my only concern. My Bronco has exceeded my expectations.
Sponsored