First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
New member, new Bronco owner. I love the look of the new Broncos! My criteria was simple: It had to be a new vehicle, it had to be a SUV and I wanted a manual transmission. In the United States that limits us to Wranglers, Broncos, and the Subaru Crosstrek if you want to consider that a SUV (meh not really one). So Bronco it was :)

I had been searching a while and couldn't find anything without some crazy markup. Everything was pre-sold (customer orders) and quickly realized that the only way one could get a Bronco was 1. have ordered it or 2. current customer cancels order and the vehicle is available for that dealer to sell. I live in LA County and have never driven off road. In that sense, I really didn't know what trim I should go for. I work at the airport so the car would be sitting all day outside in the employee lot, and be used to shuttle kids to/from school and for basic errands (gym, shopping, etc). Now call me crazy, but the base Bronco looks really good. It has steel wheels which look very sharp, and it's default with All Season tires which, frankly, is the kind of driving I'll be doing. Most nearly all dry and wet pavement in LA County. As for 2-dr vs 4-dr, I personally feel the 2-dr captures the real Bronco look/design. Nothing against the 4 dr of course. I also wanted the hardtop, which is standard on the 2-dr but an option-only on the 4-dr and very hard to find on an already hard to find vehicle.

So 2-dr Base Bronco it was. The few I found were marked up 10k to 15k over.

Fast forward to just a little over a week ago and I found a brand new listing for 2023 Bronco Base 2dr at a Ford dealer in Sacramento. They were selling it at MSRP but they were adding $2,990 in dealer fees. Stargard GPS lifetime for $995 and $1995 Cal-Tex ResistAll protection exterior/interior for 7 yrs. I know this is BS. I couldn't care less about either item. But every new Ford they sell on their lot comes standard with the $2,990 fees and they absolutely would not budge on those, period.

Immediately, two things stuck out at me. One, this was a 2023 Base Bronco but before the new MSRP price increase. The sticker price was $33,890. I saw on Ford's website that building a new Base Bronco base was now $35,890. So I figured that's $2,000 right there because if I try building a new Bronco I'll be paying another 2 grand anyway. The second item of note was minor, but I noticed it had no deletion for the subwoofer. The window sticker just showed AM/FM,7 SPKRS,SDARS with no price reduction. I took this to mean this vehicle did have the subwoofer in it, something they are (apparently?) deleting from all Base Broncos made after (?) Jan or Feb 2023 (I think)?

Between the fact the MSRP was increasing 2k anyway and this coming with a subwoofer, I said screw it and pulled the trigger. :) I inquired on a Saturday and the guy responded that it was available, apparently the lady who had ordered it didn't realize it was a manual transmission so she refused to take it - and it was now fresh on the lot. I told him I'd put as much down on a credit card and bring a check for the rest. I was able to do 3k on a credit card.

MSRP $33890, $2990 dealer adons = $36,880 plus taxes and DMV fees.

Sunday I called to leave a voicemail and emailed that I would take the vehicle and to start the paperwork. Monday I was off work and flew up on Southwest (jumpseat, as a pilot I can fly free on anyone), landed at SMF Airport, uber to dealership, bought the car, and drove it back 400 miles / 6 hrs home to LA County.

IMHO all things considered, I'm happy with this deal. The dealer ad ons is kinda washed out with the increase in MSRP anyway.

I'm only looking to do minor customization. My biggest complaint from an appearance perspective of the Base is that the front grille letters are black, which makes them disappear into the grill. Since mine is Oxford White, I ordered white BRONCO letters for the front grille. I'm looking to get a spare tire cover, rubber floor mats instead of the carpet, and...

1. A center console lock safe specifically for a Bronco. Please let me know if you have any recommendations?

2. The factory tires came already inflated to 42-43psi which go to about 44-45psi when I drive. But the door pillar says 35psi. Is there a reason why they came over-inflated? Is that just a factory thing for delivery? For normal road dry/wet driving, I'm assuing I should deflate all 4 tires to 35psi correct?

On a side note, the door pillar says 12/22 which means Dec 2022 manufacture date and the tires say 3922 which means the 39th week of 2022. Tires manufactured Sept 26-Oct 6, 2022. In the glovebox the dealer had the Pre-Delivery Service Record form and that showed Feb 24. Built December but delivered in Feb so I assume it was probably sitting somewhere for about 2 months?

Thank you!

Glad I could join the ranks and looking forward to reading a lot more here in order to learn.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrads! As long as your happy with the deal, don't sweat it! We all live in different areas of the country with different markets and dealer pricing.

If you have the sub, the Bronco was built by mid Dec. Either it has been on the lot for a bit or got stuck in shipping which being before the holidays and headed to CA is a possibility.

I am picking up my 2 dr this Friday. It's also a manual. Just sold a Crosstrek Sport with the 2.5. It was actually a very nice car. Much improved over the 2.0 which is the only engine you could get with a manual. But the manual is gone completely for 2024. Just hoping the Bronco is as reliable.

🤞

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Re: a console safe.

I put a console vault brand one in mine today. It fits very securely. They can be ordered from Ford or direct from console vault. Amazon had some that are less expensive, but I was leery of the quality.

Congrats on your new ride!

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like that worked out great for you!
Yep definitely an early Dec '22 build. I've got a 2dr Manual built Dec 3rd, I didn't receive it until first week of February. So not unusual at all.

Yeah I would for sure drop the tire pressure.

Welcome to B6G!

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on the new wHip. You will love it.

pSA. This beauty has been on the lot at my dealer too long. Someone please buy it. It’s too tempting. A silver with black steelies and manual. OMG, so freaking nice!!!

Ford Bronco Flying to get a new Bronco 9A962EA7-D2A3-4E0A-BB09-D98D69A01AEF

Sponsored
OP
OP

skrupp152

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Re: a console safe.

I put a console vault brand one in mine today. It fits very securely. They can be ordered from Ford or direct from console vault. Amazon had some that are less expensive, but I was leery of the quality.

Congrats on your new ride!
Just realized buying a new Ford gives 42,000 Ford points, which means $210 free in Accessories online. Nice!

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tire pressure is set high at the factory prior to rail transport. Maybe to prevent severe flat spotting of the tires during transport.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The tire pressure is set high at the factory prior to rail transport. Maybe to prevent severe flat spotting of the tires during transport.
^^^. This. Dealer is supposed to adjust during the pre delivery inspection.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just realized buying a new Ford gives 42,000 Ford points, which means $210 free in Accessories online. Nice!
I don’t know why they don’t just call it 210 points… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hey, I can buy a new Bronco with just 10,000,000 points!

tametz

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom & Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 CTS-V, 2017 Malibu Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! Post a pic. Sounds like a reasonable deal - crazy market still...

Sponsored

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know why they don’t just call it 210 points… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hey, I can buy a new Bronco with just 10,000,000 points!
Pepsi, where's my jet?!!?

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats!!! You’re gonna love it. I LOVE my base 2-door, so many ways to customize it should you chose to do so

I love the base grille but agree, the BRONCO lettering gets lost with the black coloring, I too bought the vinyl letter overlays and it really makes it pop.

Definitely air-down to 35 psi.

Great choice and welcome to the club!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats! regarding the extra 2990, it's not bad compared to other dealers horrible marks ups. When my 2 door Sasquatch I had been waiting almost 2 years for came in my dealer stated there was no mark up......although they did something similar- added window tint and some other bull crap I don't even remember, LOL. It came to 2500 extra over sticker. So basically 2500 for window tint. But I was not going to pass up my Sas I had been waiting for. So I took delivery and never looked back. This was almost a year ago, my wife and I both love this Bronco!

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs