Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was shopping for a 70's vintage FJ40 when this dropped. I had bought a 72 Soft Top in 1975 when I graduated from high school. Loved that vehicle right up to the day I sold it. I have always like the 1st gen Broncos. I figured why not. Modern design and accompanying options. If this bombs miserably I'll go back to an FJ40.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You sound like older buyer , lol. But I am with you. Life is short and I am not waiting another two years. Whatever problems or delays come my way, I will just deal with them. But for now I am Looking forward to the day that I and my grandson drive out to pickup our new bronco!
Man that will be sweet! You both will enjoy it!

Age wise I'm in my early 30s but I seen a lot people go recently and it makes you reflect on the brevity of life. Sometimes its better to just enjoy now than to always wait on the latest and greatest

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was shopping for a 70's vintage FJ40 when this dropped. I had bought a 72 Soft Top in 1975 when I graduated from high school. Loved that vehicle right up to the day I sold it. I have always like the 1st gen Broncos. I figured why not. Modern design and accompanying options. If this bombs misrely I'll go back to an FJ40.
:unsure: Just get both!

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As BroncoJay mentions, the ties that bind are strong here. My Grandpa gave me my first vehicle which is a '73 and if this thing could talk about all of the adventures it has been on.....! I can't bring myself to do a full restoration (only replacing parts here and there when absolutely necessary) because with each original piece that is replaced I lose a piece of history that we shared on a fishing trip or a race through the sand mines. "Remember when we backed into that tree and dented the rear quarter after we caught that monster Bass!" It's things like that which keep me from fixing the body damage or getting a new paint job. The driver door bares the mark of 47 years of ridding with your arm out the window.

This is what will have me racing to the dealership when my number is called. Hoping to get the CO WT and start having modern day adventures with my kids but with all of the creature comforts I've come accustomed too.
Bronco3.jpg
Bronco4.jpg
Great patina on this ride! I wouldn't change a thing......

Thunderpriest

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why am I still getting the 2021 Bronco?
Numerous reasons, I suppose.
#1. I am a Ford man at heart, though I have been practical and currently drive a 2014 Chevy Impala
#2. That Impala is running well, but is no longer under warranty. I hate having a vehicle not under warranty.
#3. Michigan winters.
#4. I followed the release of the current Mustang on Mustang6G, and the rebirth of the Bronco here. (I AM a Ford fan, after all.) I would actually rather drive a new Mustang GT......but please refer to item #3 above.
#5 My wife said I can get a new Bronco.....but the Mustang is out of the question. LOL (See #3 above again.)
#6. I am finally in a place financially where I can treat myself to a new vehicle like this one. So, why not?

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first edition car is 31 this year and has 210k so not all of them are bad

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have already been waiting 3 years. I am probably going to extend that wait for the modular top. If the 22 was a brocanger, then I would hold off.

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm 58 years old and tomorrow is not guaranteed .
I hear ya brother! I'm hitting 64 in March, and just starting to feel it. Besides, I've been driving a FJ Cruiser since 2007.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting '21 2-door Bronco with a Manual Transmission in the exact color that I want for a little over $30K is a ridiculously good deal and will not be matched in '22.

Also, I always wanted a 1964 1/2 Mustang. A 2021 Bronco will have that cache will collectors.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting '21 2-door Bronco with a Manual Transmission in the exact color that I want for a little over $30K is a ridiculously good deal and will not be matched in '22.

Also, I always wanted a 1964 1/2 Mustang. A 2021 Bronco will have that cache will collectors.
I agree, the '21 will be a limited production model. Would go the same route, but wife. Base Auto squatch 2.7 it is, still under $40 thousand. Don't think it'll depreciate at the same rate as any other vehicle. Plus I like the thought of being the cool kid with the latest toy... :D ...

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had the garage space.....
I currently have 4 rides, and only the FJ40 gets the garage. I have covers for everything else when it snows, but the Bronco will be my daily and never covered. Having a big driveway helps!

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.
My first Ford was a 2 door regular cab 93' Ranger. It had manual everything and I loved it! So much I think about getting a used one exactly like it today.

I've always wanted to own a Bronco. I've loved the look of them and the ride of the few that I drove in growing up. I want a modern day Bronco that has some new tech with the look and feel of the old models.

I think too many people are looking or Ford to be PERFECT when they roll out our vehicles this summer. That is not realistic. Then gen of Bronco is completely redesigned and in some ways perfect when you compare it to earlier gens. Was Jeep perfect? Is it perfect now?

I want a Bronco, not a Jeep. I'll pay 50K because that is how much it costs to get a highly capable SUV or Truck, brand new, with lots of bells and whistles.

I think this forum, me included, are getting over critical because we have too much time spent waiting for the vehicle. We stare at the same pictures over and over and find things to complain about. My guess i that the Bronco will exceed expectations in some areas and fall short in other areas. Just like every vehicle I've ever owned....!

I'm all in and that aint gonna change. And I'd love if more people cancel so I can move up my reservation!!!!

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it very interesting that due to the huge interest in the Bronco Ford has continued to stick to the delivery of a 2021 model year Bronco. I guess the introduction of the reservation system, Ford's commitment to those customers, and the knowledge by Ford that they don't have to worry about any 2021 MY Bronco's sitting on dealers lots while folks snatch up the 22's is part of their decision.

Every other mid-year car release gets the next model year. I got my 1983 Ranger in May of 82 and my 2012 Boss 302 in June of 11.

I don't see any of that as a red flag.

Has anyone tried to buy an appliance, or some furniture or a welder or tried to get a steer butchered in 2020 or 2021? All of those and thousands of other items or services aren't readily available like they typically have been and require patience in obtaining. It seems that there is no difference in getting a new Bronco.

So, yes, I still plan on purchasing a 2021 Bronco unless somehow a third week in July reservation gets pushed to a 22 MY. And I still can't make up my mind between the BD or the BL.
Sponsored