Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. Jeep/FCA quality blows. This is based on personal experience, friends experience and what you can find online. My company is all Ford. While Ford isn't perfect they are significantly better than FCA.
2. New engine options? Are you referring to the Warthog? That is MY2023. Not sure what you're getting at with the engine remark.
3. I've been lucky enough to not have any of the "late availability" items impact my order. (2.7, 4door badlands, MIC top)
4. I have a first day reservation and will have owned my current company vehicle for 6 years. They are practically booting me out of my current explorer at this point.

Would I like to see the other color options for 2022? You bet your a$$. However, I like A51 a lot and I'm not willing to wait another year on a hunch that there could be a color I might like better.

Yes yes.. Give me more! I spent Yesterday getting up to speed on the Rubicon's in dam if they're not tempting. Diesel options, all the gadgets, etc...It started to make me wonder why the hell I'm willing to wait another year.

And yes... referring to possible diesel, larger engine, hybrid...whatever. Ford has many engine options at their fingertips.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personal reasons. Family truckster is leased to end of Feb, and with an extension i just about bridge the gap though August (I have a Day 1 res). I cant push out my delivery (mod top, etc) into 2022. If anything i would NOT extend my lease from Feb to Aug, and just lease another suv next month that frankly is larger than a bronco. I dont see myself downgrading in size in 2024 to a Bronco, and by then, there will be so many on the road that it wont be tempting. To me, it's probably now or never. And frankly, I've dissected every facet of this vehicle, I am too committed time wise to walk. So 2021 it is.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ready to trade my FJ in. I would like to get a car that's different, unique, and fun. I have too many friends who have/had Jeeps and it's honestly not my cup of tea. The price of the Badlands with the options I want beats the price of a Rubicon Wrangler and Gladiator. I'm content and sticking with the MY21 or might add an option that'll push it's delivery later.

basundy

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a Ford guy and there is finally a model that will compete with the Jeep. I've always wanted to be able to take the roof/doors off but, never had the option with Ford. This is something new and I'm excited to be a part of it when they finally roll off the line. I'm fortunate enough to get Z Plan so that sweetens the deal. People tend to freak out over every little change that comes out but, I'm not really concerned. As a previous poster stated, that's what a warranty is for and I plan to extend mine to 5yr/100k.

Sponsored

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My21 might be too late for me my current truck is literally falling apart, headlight just fell out the other day on the highway.
my22 might have a few more options and colors but will basically be the same vehicle. I’m really a black grey or white guy anyway.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had three Jeeps ('56, '72, '90) and I have had one Bronco ('72) and a '76 Ramcharger (my friggin" favorite of them all). I drove them all until there was no life left in them.

I have built a lot of Jeeps on their site and I just can't get the "I have to have one vibe". I thought the Willy's would do it but it just doesn't do it for me. The MY 21 colors are dull and to me there is nothing that pops.

I fell in love with the new Bronco the first time I saw a picture of one. I'm 57 and have never ordered a new vehicle from the factory; I have bought two new ones but they were configured by someone else and I happened to find them on a lot. This is the first vehicle in a long time that I have really wanted and absolutely have to have.

My house renovation is almost complete so I won't need the Tacoma to haul drywall in another month or two. The siding and deck materials can be delivered and a small utility trailer will work to get larger items home if I can't borrow a truck for a few hours.

I see no point in waiting for another year if I can get one now. I am happy with the BD interior, the MIC top works with A51 just fine and I want the 2.7 and auto start so the auto has to happen (I want a SaS so I am destined for the auto unless I want to commit to MY '22).

The only factory accessories that I would like are the dash picatinny rail, headliner and tube steps. I will be able to get them all aftermarket in the near future.

I am hoping to place my order on the 19th and not look back. I already ordered my coffee mug and key chain so I am in for the long haul.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No vehicle is perfect for me. The 2021 Bronco isn't perfect. But any of the main gripes arent likely to change in a model year (or ever) so I see no reason to wait.

I'm fairly happy with the current offering.

My truck also won't last another year. The transmission got stuck in reverse just this morning. A cool experience on an icy road.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never wanted a Jeep nor do I want one now. And while I may be irritated at all of the things that Ford has messed up during this launch, I know I will love the Bronco that I get. I'm happy with the trim and the color that I'm choosing and doubt my choices would change if I wait.

Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No red flags. Kick ass vehicle the way it is. No other topless 4X4 other than a Wrangler which I don’t want. If there’s something I can’t get on my 2Dr BD in year one that I can‘t live without when it comes In the future, I’ll trade it in and get it. And, as said, who knows how long we have on thIs planet, so don’t wait and enjoy it while you can.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've waited too long for a new Bronco and now it's time to show Ford we wanted this all along. I am also hoping that it's a short production run and there's some collector value which I'll only use for bragging rights.

The red flags don't seem to be coming from the important side of Ford. All of the changes or delays that I complain about are due to Ford prioritizing the Sport, COVID-19 issues, and the hiring of a bunch of idiots or inexperienced kids to avoid paying for experienced talent.

I want a different color option, but if I am going to wrap to protect the paint on the trail, then I can have whatever color I want.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it even easy enough to change a reservation to MY2022? I put mine in literally the day after it opened up and Ford's website stopped crapping out...

Would love to "delay" converting the reservation into an order, but I'm not sure if that's possible?

Anyone know?
Someone did mention Ford possibly allowing people to push their reservation to MY22. If they don't, just add a late availability option to your build.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs