First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tundra, 15 Jeep Jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey. Been on here reading as much as possible. Still waiting a build date on my 24 WT. coming from a 2015 lifted JK with 35’s, that is a chore to drive on the highway. But great off-road. What were your initial responses when you went to a bronco?
Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We still have the Jeep as well as the Bronco. The Bronco has a bit more room inside. It's much better on the highway. The Jeep tends to wander, as you are aware. Bronco has more power, better acceleration, better mileage. Bronco seats are more comfortable for long drives. I do have to admit that the Bronco is slightly louder at highway speeds than the Jeep due to wind noise.

Our off-road driving is limited to national Park and forest service roads. For that use they are essentially equals. Jeep probably would win at rock crawling, but I have no first hand experience at that.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a WT. The wifey and I love to travel in the WT. It is a great highway vehicle as well as an awesome off roader.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going from a lifted Jeep to a 6g Bronco is gonna be a pure pleasure for on-road driving! I have owned lots of Jeeps, and lifted trucks over the years and my 6g is by far the most highway capable (and I have lifted it already). Off road capability continues to impress me, as I wheel w/alot of Jeep guys, and I'm able to handle everything they do, and 6g is much smoother. I think you will be happy with it. Seems like the folks who complain about 6g ride or handling are coming from luxury vehicles which the Bronco was never meant to compete with. Coming from a Jeep? Ya, you will be impressed!

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went from a heavily modded 2019 JLU Rubicon to a WT (not exactly the same as what you were asking...but). I have 1K miles on my WT now and can easily say the only thing that I miss from the JL is the instrumentation. The off-road page in the JL is much more detailed and usable versus the WT.

The solid axle JL while more capable in certain situations will never ride/drive as well as the WT and "out of the box" the WT has a number of upgrades that I added to the JL. From a performance perspective there is ZERO comparison between the two. The JL I had was a 3.6L and even after re-gearing to 5.13, it was still a dog--the 2.7TT blows everything that Jeep has away with the exception of the 392 and 4xe and those two platforms have their own set of issues.

Many of the designs in the JL and the engine are idiotic at best and were 1000% geared towards fuel economy and CAFE credits which are not at all conducive to longevity. Plastic ball joints, plastic engine oil filter housing, etc. The amount of upgrades that you have to do to the Jeep to bring it up to where it should have been from the factory is just stupid....

Pics for detail...

Ford Bronco For those that went from JK to Sas… 20230813_122340
Ford Bronco For those that went from JK to Sas… 20230813_122412

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had the bronco for about a month now. I still have the JLURD on a GC 4.5" lift and always going between 38s-40s. On road as good as my Jeep drives, the Bronco is still much better, the Bronco feels like a regular SUV.

Off road, its not plush like my Jeep but that isn't a fair comparison. For the Bronco, being a wildtrak with Rockjock antirock its still good, feels planted on stock suspension/tires. No regrets with the purchase.

Couple of key points
Interior:
Bronco has much more wind noise and rattles (both rigs are hard tops)
Bronco has more room
nronco has No A/C vents in the rear but the front vents do a pretty decent job cooling the rear
Bronco Electric seats on the leather option for the win
Frameless windows, may or may not bother you, I prefer framed windows
Bronco Tailgate window has a nice little inside ledge to grab onto when closing, not a big deal, just nice
Bronco USB up on dash by windshield was a nice touch/addition
Aux switches, love how they pre-wired, they do similar in the Jeep but not having pre-wired portions strategically like in the Bronco (interior, front bumper, roof, etc)

Drive:
If your OCD like me, the passenger mirror being a different shape will drive you nuts
Due to the front end shape, the Bronco feels much bigger
Bronco will 3 wheel much more (this should be obvious)
There is an unofficial Bronco tax on many aftermarket parts as expected if you been in the industry or related industry and had a new platform
Factory LED on Bronco and Jeep, Jeep takes the win by far
Jeeps are capable of high speed off road, just depends on how much $$ and setup you do, but the Bronco even stock just feels natural (this should be obvious)
Bronco goat modes if that's your thing, I use it when I want the front cam on
I like having the option of front or rear lockers, but I do have this on the Jeep after adding the tazer as well

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I traded my 2015 2 Door JK Sport w/ 3" Fox Lift and 34" Grapplers. I can't attest to off road differences but mine barely did 65 down hill, had to brace if you hit a bump and everything shook. MPG about 11. Wifey said she had to wear a sport bra on trips. Bronco feels like driving a luxury vehicle on the road. Don't get me wrong had some good times in the jeep but now in my mud 60's comfort is needed.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went from a JK 2 door soft top 6 speed manual with a slight lift and suspension upgraded to OEM Rubicon to a BaseSquatch 2 door with the V6TT.

I expected the hard top of the Bronco to be less noisy, after 70-75 mph the wind noise is substantial. I off-roaded the JK, the only damage I did was to the rims and blew a tire while on the trail. I don't plan to off-road the Bronco, at least not yet, too many potential warranty issues that could be voided by off-roading and I don't think the steering system is robust enough to take it.

The Bronco is more comfortable size wise and can cruise at higher speeds more effortlessly than the JK, I think this has mostly to do with the 10 speed auto.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me, I find the Bronco less noisy at highway speeds than the JL, but perhaps it was the 3.5" lift on the JL that added to the wind profile and increased the wind noise. I even installed Kilmat front to back in the JL along with Armorlite flooring, but the road noise from the underside was still higher in the JL than the WT.

The audio system in the WT (B&O) blows the Alpine in the JL away. I would have to turn up the Alpine much higher to be as loud as the WT and the Alpine had a factory amp and subwoofer.

The rear cargo area of the WT seems to be larger, and the tailgate is absolutely more solid. I had to install a CavFab tire carrier, and a custom-made tailgate latch stop on the JL to make it stop rattling.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like everyone has said, the bronco is made for comfortable highway travel. Extremely comfortable seat and excellant handling along with power and mileage to boot.

In short, the bronco is an overlander and the jeep is a rock crawler. I have zero issues with the bronco around town or on a cross-country trip in my 4dr auto 2.7.

Sponsored

Trooper19

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Traded in my 2014 jk on 35"s for my 22 Badsquatch. Never looked back, better in all important areas. The Bronco might lift a tire on the toughest trails , but has gone elsewhere I want to go. Yes the jeep is way better on big rocks, but for the 1 or 2 times a year I ever do that the Bronco is better. I find the lockers and suspension are better and the ride is awesome.
I love getting 600 + km per tank compared to barely 400 km in the Jeep.

20220407_113017.jpg

received_950246902697720.jpeg

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my last Jeep was 2015 JKU, 4.5" lift, 4.55 gears, lockers, 35" in All Terrain Tires. I built it like I did my last three Jeeps....but had been cheaper if I had gone Rubicon on this one. Ordered my 2021/2022 BL/SAS in July 2020. 23 months later....delivery. Can only add to others comments that you cannot compare them on the road and light trails. Have not been rock crawling yet. I drove my Jeep till delivery then gave it to my oldest grandson. Don't regret getting my BRONCO and BUILT from the factory with all the warranties included

Last edited:

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t have to look hard to answer your question…initial impressions… Comparing my 2016 JKUR, lift, mud terrains, etc, my badlands drives like a car on road. I use my JK off-road…I don’t trust the Bronco at all. My SAS has stock suspension, too many low hanging bits compared to the JK. Also, ford made it so hard to add a winch to the supposed modular bumper that it’s just not worth it to me ( have Lux package). Keep your JK, less electronic bs to breakdown, more reliable off-road.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was never a fan of my JK. When I got my JL it was night and day difference. For you going from a JK, the Bronco will feel like a luxury vehicle.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t have to look hard to answer your question…initial impressions… Comparing my 2016 JKUR, lift, mud terrains, etc, my badlands drives like a car on road. I use my JK off-road…I don’t trust the Bronco at all. My SAS has stock suspension, too many low hanging bits compared to the JK. Also, ford made it so hard to add a winch to the supposed modular bumper that it’s just not worth it to me ( have Lux package). Keep your JK, less electronic bs to breakdown, more reliable off-road.
That's a shame to have spent all that money on a BL to not trust it off road and treat it like a pavement princess.

Plenty of people on here wheeling their Broncos hard without issues.

Sold my '13 JKU Moab on 35's, bought my BL, hit the trails without worry and haven't looked back.
Sponsored