Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

EV batteries are expensive...

Ford agrees to $9.2 billion US government loan

New York CNN

Ford and its South Korean battery manufacturing partner SK On have agreed to a loan of $9.2 billion from the US Department of Energy as part of President Joe Biden’s push to bring more electric vehicle production to the United States.

Ford and SK’s joint venture, BlueOval SK, would use the funds to build three electric vehicle battery plants, two in Kentucky and one in Tennessee.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/06/22/business/ford-department-of-energy-loan/index.html
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Think about how much better you feel though! ;)

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or for 1/62,000th of that you could hire someone that could manage the Bronco scheduling/logistics a bit better.

‘tis a thought….

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Lightning and Bronco owner and member of both forums. It’s a night and day difference in the reactions to this news.

As much as we all love the ICE freedom we currently have, EV’s are here to stay and I applaud Ford’s efforts to become a leader in EV’s.

If you haven’t experienced a Lightning You need to do it. The only complaint is range. But that only affects less than 1% of my use cases. It is superior to an ICE F150 in nearly all other aspects.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a Lightning and Bronco owner and member of both forums. It’s a night and day difference in the reactions to this news.

As much as we all love the ICE freedom we currently have, EV’s are here to stay and I applaud Ford’s efforts to become a leader in EV’s.

If you haven’t experienced a Lightning You need to do it. The only complaint is range. But that only affects less than 1% of my use cases. It is superior to an ICE F150 in nearly all other aspects.
I get it, many of us are just having a little fun. Remember when people called GM, Government Motors, for taking a bailout loan and Ford never did?

Kind of ironic that the shoe is on the other foot now.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't help but remembering the late 80s & 90s when chip technology was advancing so rapidly that any PC you bought was obsolete before you got it home.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it, many of us are just having a little fun. Remember when people called GM, Government Motors, for taking a bailout loan and Ford never did?

It’s not like Ford is a loan virgin getting its cherry popped. It’s a loan to get EV battery manufacturing here in the US. It isn’t much different than the 5.9 billion loan Ford took out a few years ago under the same program. But it is different from the bailout loans that GM and Chrysler took to stay afloat.

I hope Ford is able to build plants that remain relevant as battery technology rapidly evolves.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear CNN reader, it's not a bailout. Its a prudent financial choice to fund planned growth through debt instead of equity due to the lower cost of capital.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s not like Ford is a loan virgin getting its cherry popped. It’s a loan to get EV battery manufacturing here in the US. It isn’t much different than the 5.9 billion loan Ford took out a few years ago under the same program. But it is different from the bailout loans that GM and Chrysler took to stay afloat.

I hope Ford is able to build plants that remain relevant as battery technology rapidly evolves.
Let's hope they can rapidly transition to the new solid state batteries when the time comes, is that on Ford's radar?

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Remember when people called GM, Government Motors, for taking a bailout loan and Ford never did?

Yeah, no. This is VERY different from a “bailout”.
Sponsored