Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, unfortunately California passed a law and if you have a California mailing address we can no longer sell you a contract.
Just curious, what law is this? I was searching online and I could not find it.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, what law is this? I was searching online and I could not find it.
Here's some sites with information that may help. I'm not a lawyer so don't ask me to explain any of this. Here is a paragraph from the third link below:

Only a car dealer with a car dealerā€™s license from the California DMV may legally sell you a VSC issued by a VSCP. Some VSCPs ignore this law and sell VSCs to consumers over the Internet, rather than through car dealers. Companies that sell VSCs in California over the Internet are committing a felony. You should never buy a VSC over the Internet.

In this case the VSCP (Vehicle Service Contract Provider) is Ford ESP. Note that is says "sell VSCs in California". If you're physically out of state buying the contract I don't see how this would be a violation of the law by the dealership. So if I go to a dealership in Texas and buy the VSC the dealership wouldn't be doing anything illegal but that's only my opinion which should in no way be taken as legal advice.

Also I love the part about "You should never buy a VSC over the internet". No they want you to get screwed by the California dealerships that bribe the Sacramento politicians to restrict competition. I've saved thousand by purchases of VSCs through out of state dealerships.

https://law.justia.com/codes/california/2022/code-ins/division-2/part-8/

https://www.cartalk.com/extended-wa...g-extended-warranty-laws-state-by-state-guide

https://www.insurance.ca.gov/01-consumers/105-type/95-guides/01-auto/servcontextwar.cfm

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's some sites with information that may help. I'm not a lawyer so don't ask me to explain any of this. Here is a paragraph from the third link below:

Only a car dealer with a car dealerā€™s license from the California DMV may legally sell you a VSC issued by a VSCP. Some VSCPs ignore this law and sell VSCs to consumers over the Internet, rather than through car dealers. Companies that sell VSCs in California over the Internet are committing a felony. You should never buy a VSC over the Internet.

In this case the VSCP (Vehicle Service Contract Provider) is Ford ESP. Note that is says "sell VSCs in California". If you're physically out of state buying the contract I don't see how this would be a violation of the law by the dealership. So if I go to a dealership in Texas and buy the VSC the dealership wouldn't be doing anything illegal but that's only my opinion which should in no way be taken as legal advice.

Also I love the part about "You should never buy a VSC over the internet". No they want you to get screwed by the California dealerships that bribe the Sacramento politicians to restrict competition. I've saved thousand by purchases VSCs through out of state dealerships.

https://law.justia.com/codes/california/2022/code-ins/division-2/part-8/

https://www.cartalk.com/extended-wa...g-extended-warranty-laws-state-by-state-guide

https://www.insurance.ca.gov/01-consumers/105-type/95-guides/01-auto/servcontextwar.cfm
lol, and they made this a FELONY? Holy Hell... Imagine doing 5 years in a California prison (and a fine up to $500k) for selling a legitimate vehicle service contract backed by the vehicle manufacturer.

Last edited:

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was waiting on my delivery to go and get this plan from Granger. This is so typical of the communist who run the state of CA.

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was waiting on my delivery to go and get this plan from Granger. This is so typical of the communist who run the state of CA.
Same is true in Florida FYI

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
So do I just need to send an email with the info. to [email protected] or go through the whole website process?
If you have questions email them.
To sign up, go through website (is quick, very efficient, and self explanatory)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So do I just need to send an email with the info. to [email protected] or go through the whole website process?
The website process is the easiest route. That has the pricing at $50 over cost. You can reach out to our staff through that email if you have any questions.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same is true in Florida FYI
The California law is more restrictive. We can get licensed in the state of Florida to sell service contracts, but price is regulated at the MSRP.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WTF, I just tried to purchase from Granger today and didnā€™t see California on the drop down.
Whatā€™s the reason behind this?

Wow, just tried getting a quote from Fords website and itā€™s a no go too.

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Extended Warranty - $25 Over Cost @ Granger Ford-PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE!! BDA94AD2-116B-4E45-A756-7766F4F14CCF

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WTF, I just tried to purchase from Granger today and didnā€™t see California on the drop down.
Whatā€™s the reason behind this?
The reason for this is that the bipartisan California government has taken steps to criminalize the purchase of warranty programs from out of state companies in order to protect the entities who make adequate donations to ensure such legislation becomes law.

This is not a political critique, it is just fact. I have said nothing political above.
Sponsored