First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made a reservation in April 2021 and paid Ford my $100 that we all had to do back then. The Bronco was still not built by October 2022 so I changed the order to. a Heritage. I finally got a build date in August of this year. It slipped out several times and the last I saw was week of Nov 24. I saw on Ford Authority that Ford was cancelling all 2023 Heritage orders that didn’t have a VIN. I had not received anything from Ford so I went into my account and looked. It was cancelled on Nov 3.

i contacted Ford and they said yes it was cancelled so I asked when I would get my $100 back. The guy said I would have to contact my bank. I asked what my bank had to do with anything and he just kept saying to contact my bank over and over. Finally he said my credit card company. He said I would have to contact them and try to get the money back from them that Ford charged me over 2 1:/2 years ago. After way too much back and forth time I gave up and hung up.

I realize it’s only $100 but as we all say - it’s the principle of the thing now. Anybody else had an issue with getting their deposit back?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the dealer will reimburse the $100

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's (not so?) funny about this is that I got my reservation refunded last December after my dealer basically ignored it. Then I got my Sep '21 order on Feb 6 this year and got price protection (whatever it's called) for having bought a reservation. Maybe I'm not entirely following what happened with mine, but that's what it seems like.

Yeah, I would check with your dealer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just think it's hilarious how many people essentially yell at a marketing intern who can't do squat.
Nobody is yelling yet, and if the @Ford Motor Company account here is indeed monitored by an intern without communication links upward then Ford's customer service is even worse than we thought.

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, that's definitely a dealer issue, but Ford Customer Service should have known to point you in that direction.

The Ford Motor Company account here that runs around collecting VIN numbers as if they can actually assist with a tangible issue is useless to. What they do is simply direct you back to your local dealer.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As many others have said, this, is a dealer issue. Not Ford.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody is yelling yet, and if the @Ford Motor Company account here is indeed monitored by an intern without communication links upward then Ford's customer service is even worse than we thought.
Hyperbole aside, Ford (and most Fortune 1000 companies) aren't out there scouring the 'net for customers who need their help. On the contrary, most try to avoid it (Amazon famously didn't even have a customer service department for over a decade). It's a cost center for them. Say what you may about what this says about the state of capitalism in 'murica these days, if someone has a problem, they should contact Ford directly and/or through a dealer, not fish for replies on a (supposedly independent :whistle:) forum from what's most likely a disempowered low level employee, or someone whose contracted to reply.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back in 2020 the first dealer I went to cancelled my order without me knowing and kept my $100. I had to pay another $100 to the second dealer. I called the first dealer several times and they kept saying ford had my money not them. I just left if be because it was too much of a hassle to get it back.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This isn't a Ford thing it is a dealer thing.
Not the customer non-service it isn't! They suck, always have, apparently always will.
Sponsored