First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not the customer non-service it isn't! They suck, always have, apparently always will.
I don't know what you are claiming here. Ford didn't take the deposit, the dealer did. Therefore the dealer is the one you contact about the deposit.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know what you are claiming here. Ford didn't take the deposit, the dealer did. Therefore the dealer is the one you contact about the deposit.
We know that. Why didn't the rep?

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made a reservation in April 2021 and paid Ford my $100 that we all had to do back then. The Bronco was still not built by October 2022 so I changed the order to. a Heritage. I finally got a build date in August of this year. It slipped out several times and the last I saw was week of Nov 24. I saw on Ford Authority that Ford was cancelling all 2023 Heritage orders that didn’t have a VIN. I had not received anything from Ford so I went into my account and looked. It was cancelled on Nov 3.

i contacted Ford and they said yes it was cancelled so I asked when I would get my $100 back. The guy said I would have to contact my bank. I asked what my bank had to do with anything and he just kept saying to contact my bank over and over. Finally he said my credit card company. He said I would have to contact them and try to get the money back from them that Ford charged me over 2 1:/2 years ago. After way too much back and forth time I gave up and hung up.

I realize it’s only $100 but as we all say - it’s the principle of the thing now. Anybody else had an issue with getting their deposit back?
I ordered a Badlands about the same time...and then cancelled my order 2023 and then placed a new Badlands order in January 2023 from my local dealer. Ford almost instantly credited my $100.00 deposit...that's not right...I'd call Ford directly on the number from the initial order...I've got my new Badlands in August of 2023. Keep going you'll get your deposit back.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

wrickem

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F350, '21 G22, '19 911, '17 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My story for my HE read’s exactly like yours right down to the cancellation date of Nov 3.

My dealer asked if I want to wait, or if I want them to give me my deposit back, so I’d think they’re the ones who would give it back.

They resubmitted my order today for a ‘24. I‘ll wait And see if this one ever comes :ROFLMAO:

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why is your deposit only $100? I paid $2,500 for a MY'24 reservation to my dealer.
$100 was for reservation way back when Bronco was introduced, which Ford no longer does for Bronco. Your deposit is something completely different between you and of your dealer. All dealer operate differently, I ordered 2 Broncos from 2 different de as lets without reservations or deposits.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is going to let him know?
How about you tell me?
OOO ME ME MEMEME PICK ME!!

Why is your deposit only $100? I paid $2,500 for a MY'24 reservation to my dealer.
When the Bronco was announced back in mid-2020... you could place a reservation for a Bronco with an $100 deposit. That reservation system only lasted for the 2021 model year, and has been over for quite some time.

What you did was place an order, not a reservation. Normally Ford does not require a deposit to place an order. Any deposit you are paying now is dealer-specific. Some dealers don't require a deposit, some do.

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How about you tell me?
most dealers do not require any cash deposit, in fact they encourage customers to order because if said customer abandons their order, the dealer can then sell it at a higher price to any other client and are not bound by Ford to sell it at MSRP, as they would be for the order holder.

Kant

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

$100 was for reservation way back when Bronco was introduced, which Ford no longer does for Bronco. Your deposit is something completely different between you and of your dealer. All dealer operate differently, I ordered 2 Broncos from 2 different de as lets without reservations or deposits.
Got it. Thanks for the information. Anyway, the deposit will be used for downpayment. My dealer just emailed me today that Ford has assigned a scheduled build week of January 15, 2024 for my Bronco Everglades build.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
most dealers do not require any cash deposit, in fact they encourage customers to order because if said customer abandons their order, the dealer can then sell it at a higher price to any other client and are not bound by Ford to sell it at MSRP, as they would be for the order holder.
Dealers are not bound by Ford to sell custom orders at MSRP. Plenty of horror stories on here about original res holders being surprised with ADM's by shady dealers when their Bronco finally showed up. All the while, Ford and their local intern-bot sat by and did nothing.
Sponsored