Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it. Thanks for the information. Anyway, the deposit will be used for downpayment. My dealer just emailed me today that Ford has assigned a scheduled build week of January 15, 2024 for my Bronco Everglades build.
He put a down payment on an allotment. This is capitalism. Assuming the dealer doesn't sell it more than once (we know it happens), it's not a bad way to secure an order. Kudos.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made a reservation in April 2021 and paid Ford my $100 that we all had to do back then. The Bronco was still not built by October 2022 so I changed the order to. a Heritage. I finally got a build date in August of this year. It slipped out several times and the last I saw was week of Nov 24. I saw on Ford Authority that Ford was cancelling all 2023 Heritage orders that didn’t have a VIN. I had not received anything from Ford so I went into my account and looked. It was cancelled on Nov 3.

i contacted Ford and they said yes it was cancelled so I asked when I would get my $100 back. The guy said I would have to contact my bank. I asked what my bank had to do with anything and he just kept saying to contact my bank over and over. Finally he said my credit card company. He said I would have to contact them and try to get the money back from them that Ford charged me over 2 1:/2 years ago. After way too much back and forth time I gave up and hung up.

I realize it’s only $100 but as we all say - it’s the principle of the thing now. Anybody else had an issue with getting their deposit back?
iv never heard this ...just dispute your cc and move on

Sponsored

banjo5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to pay my dealer $1000
I put down a refundable $500 deposit when I ordered my 2024 Badlands. The deposit will go towards the purchase we agreed to at the time of order. If I change my mind I get my $500 back and the dealer will likely keep the special order and sell it to someone else.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why is your deposit only $100? I paid $2,500 for a MY'24 reservation to my dealer.
Ditto for me. Dealer required it (so they said). At that point we had an early reservation and Ford said to use this dealer (the closest one to us but a new one in a small town). Reserved in (I think) June 2020 and when we went to the dealer a few months later to do the build (a WT) the dealer said they required the additional deposit. We already knew this process was going to take a while so we went ahead and ponied up. Due to all the issues we eventually got a golden ticket for a Braptor. Picked it up last week so that's over 3 years start to finish. Wish the dealer had paid me interest on that $2500 but it is what it was. Along the way with all the horror stories we tried to not rock the boat and go back to the end of the line.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it was a bit misleading if Ford to accept the deposit through the Ford Motor Company corporate website but then transfer that money to the dealer and make you deal with them to get it back. I let my Bronco deposit ride but canceled my F-150 Lightning as well as my Silverado EV reservation via the Ford and Chevy website and saw my CC credit in just a day or two. I did need to change my selected dealer however and found Ford Marketing to be useless until about my 3rd or 4th call when I lucked into a delightful lady who was very competent, explained how they had to essentially cancel my initial order, refund my deposit and then place my order with the Ford approved priority code to my selected dealer. 6 months later my Big Bend Sas with every option I’d specified was delivered. I’d strongly recommend you call Ford daily until you get someone with knowledge and maybe a bit of juice to grease the skids for you. Be polite, but firm in your request and keep at it. There’s at least one cheerful and competent person in that group, just gotta find her.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my $100.00 back from Ford on my cancelled Lightning order. Not sure why they won't refund your deposit?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my $100.00 back from Ford on my cancelled Lightning order. Not sure why they won't refund your deposit?
Check your CC statement. The refund came from the dealer and not Ford.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Granger customers. Still kicking myself for not putting an order in with them.
Why? do you know how long there customers waiting? Check out old threads

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about the $100 as it was about 2.5 years ago... 😐

Here's what I received when chatting on Ford.com:
My pleasure! Please contact our Marketing Program Headquarters to assist further at:

800-334-4375

8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday)

I'm off to the next step in the process. I thought I was done with Ford, but...
Ford Bronco Ford Cancelled my Order and Won’t Refund my Deposit belushi-but-no-snl

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just think it's hilarious how many people essentially yell at a marketing intern who can't do squat.
Then don't answer the phone for Customer service. I think it's hilarious that some people think marketing interns answer customer service calls. Yeah and the engineers answer calls for warranty calls too.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check your CC statement. The refund came from the dealer and not Ford.
Nope, I sent my payment to ford Motor Co. and got my refund from Ford. Never gave my dealership any kind of a deposit.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, I sent my payment to ford Motor Co. and got my refund from Ford. Never gave my dealership any kind of a deposit.
Did you check your cc statement? I had two reservations, both payments went to dealers. I cancelled one res and the dealer refunded my deposit. When I bought my Bronco with the other res the dealer already had my money and credited it towards my purchase.
Sponsored